• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Sen. Feinstein Claims She Received Info On Kavanaugh And Sent It To FBI

Assuming Kavanaugh is confirmed. Is there a way to fire him if something else comes out?

A supreme court can be impeached, just like a president. I think this is incredibly unlikely, though. Only once in US History was a judge impeached by the House (he got on the wrong side of Jefferson), and the Senate did not follow up.

View attachment 17915

Republicans: we have to ethnically cleanse the Mexicans because they might be rapists!
Also Republicans: we have to put a rapist on the Supreme Court!

Can we politically cleanse America of the GOP? They're the danger.
Think of the republican party like a trench coat containing three boys acting like a real adult. You can take away their coat, but you are still stuck with three drunk, immature boys. You'll still end up having them there and causing problems; they'll only have scattered. They might even just find another trench coat to hide in. I'm not saying that we shouldn't do SOMETHING, but I don't know what that something is, and I'm pretty sure banning a party isn't the answer.

I've never been a partisan. I don't really like the Democrats all that much.

But I may have straight blue ticket this year. Again. I'm not even happy about it, I just feel like I've been backed into a corner, because all other directions seem to lead to swift madness rather than slow.

One of these years. I am going to retire. And move somewhere with no party system at all.

So there is ONE copy of the FBI report and the senators have to go behind a locked door to read it.

Well, if you don't interview people and you don't look, it's not hard to avoid finding wrong doing.

So he has told provable lies, half truths and evaded several questions during his testimomy, and was clearly partisan. Should be completely disqualifying. There has to be at least two dozen other well qualified conservative judges out there. Why don't the Republicians and Trump ditch this guy and go with a fresh pick? They could still confirm a new pick before the new Congress in January. Why are they dying on their sword for this liar also tainted by the credible sexual assault accusations?
Is there another one out there that believes in unlimited presidential powers, has a disdain for democrats, and talks like a Trump that paid attention in school?

I've never been a partisan. I don't really like the Democrats all that much.

But I may have straight blue ticket this year. Again. I'm not even happy about it, I just feel like I've been backed into a corner, because all other directions seem to lead to swift madness rather than slow.

One of these years. I am going to retire. And move somewhere with no party system at all.

Yup. I'm not fond of the Democrats, but they're far less of a threat than the modern GOP. The only R I've voted in quite a while was when the D was a major league ambulance chaser.

This entire thing has been a sham. Now, some are saying that this will motivate Republicans to vote in the midterms because the Democrats have questioned the validity of this horrible choice for SCOTUS.

I know people keep saying that the Republicans don't want to choose someone else because Kav supports unlimited presidential power. I'm not so sure. Kav is one man. I have a hard time believing that the other conservative judges believe this. Of course, the way things are going in the US, it could be that everything from here on out is going to be partisan.

The Dems aren't perfect, far from it, but considering the alternative, no decent thinking person should have a hard time deciding to vote for them next month. Where do people get the idea that politicians are any different from any other person? Leaders aren't perfect. They're human. Is it really that hard to choose between two candidates? I've never understood that attitude. It's always been very obvious to me that one is better than the other. *sigh*

News. Heitkamp just said that she won't approve Kav. Good for her. Will any of the other undecided do the right thing?

This entire thing has been a sham. Now, some are saying that this will motivate Republicans to vote in the midterms because the Democrats have questioned the validity of this horrible choice for SCOTUS.

I know people keep saying that the Republicans don't want to choose someone else because Kav supports unlimited presidential power. I'm not so sure. Kav is one man. I have a hard time believing that the other conservative judges believe this. Of course, the way things are going in the US, it could be that everything from here on out is going to be partisan.

The Dems aren't perfect, far from it, but considering the alternative, no decent thinking person should have a hard time deciding to vote for them next month. Where do people get the idea that politicians are any different from any other person? Leaders aren't perfect. They're human. Is it really that hard to choose between two candidates? I've never understood that attitude. It's always been very obvious to me that one is better than the other. *sigh*

News. Heitkamp just said that she won't approve Kav. Good for her. Will any of the other undecided do the right thing?
Heitkamp has everything to lose for doing this. I applaud her moral stand with Dr. Ford.

The polling has been moving towards r's last couple of weeks. Because r voters are reprobates.

The polling has been moving towards r's last couple of weeks. Because r voters are reprobates.
No shit. Of course, we get these bullshit false equivalencies all over the place and the people have been convinced that both sides are just as bad and this is just about politics.

They seem to have forgotten that Gorsuch was confirmed onto the Supreme Court already.

Back
Top Bottom