• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Merged So what's next for Trump?

To denote when two or more threads have been merged
Cheating all day every day.

Trump announced on his social media platform on Tuesday that he won the Senior Club Championship at Trump International Golf Club in unincorporated West Palm Beach last weekend, despite not playing the first round of the tournament.

Members arrived the second day surprised to see Trump with a five-point lead, according to the Daily Mail. But Trump never played the first round as he was attending a funeral in North Carolina of ardent supporter Lynette Hardaway, known by the moniker “Diamond” of the conservative political commentary duo Diamond and Silk.
Trump called it a "great honor" to have won "on of the best courses in the Country, in Palm Beach County," in his post on Truth Social.

He missed a round to go to Diamond's funeral, so he could tell Silk he never met her, he only ever met Diamond of Diamond & Silk.

Whoa, slow down there Bragg, don't feel you have to rush this on anybody else's account.

😒 That should have already been a done deal prosecution of Individual-1. Now, it's almost too stale for even this here Trump hater.

It looks like Nikki Haley is set to announce she is running for president on February 15. That will be nice. Put her on the spot. As president, willshe promise to veto curs to Social security and Medicare? Oppose laws making it harder to vote? Protect the Wall Of Separation Christian Nationalists want to tear down?

Prior to 2020, I would have said Nikki Haley would be a great bet for 2024 winner. With the GOP devolving into a cesspool, and her jumping right in it, hard to say anymore.

DeSantis wants to run. And Pence. Big donors are abandoning Trump. So early announcement of candida cy is really about starting to gather a big campaign fun. Jumping into the race in mid 2024 will be too late.

Trump doesn't know what Bob Woodward does.

He is demanding 4$9 million in damages because he doesn't understand that you can't run your mouth to one of the most famous journalists in the world. Especially if you agree to sit down with him for a series of recorded interviews.
I've heard the interviews. Woodward specifically asks for Trump's consent.
Well, based on the allegations of dozens of women, I don't think Trump understands the concept of consent.

DeSantis wants to run. And Pence. Big donors are abandoning Trump. So early announcement of candida cy is really about starting to gather a big campaign fun. Jumping into the race in mid 2024 will be too late.
It isn't early anymore. This is when it happens. One needs to lay the groundwork for determining if one can get the backing typically needed for running for President. It is very expensive, and with the battleground states expanding to include Arizona, Pennsylvania, and Georgia, it has gotten a lot harder. So announce early and see if you've got legs, because it is a perilous journey.

Republicans are hoping Donald Trump will die before he ruins 2024 for them, but he is obviously never going to.
On Monday, the Atlantic’s McKay Coppins published a piece about how the top minds of the Republican Party are approaching the problem of having voters who may nominate Donald Trump for president again in 2024. Trump, you see, lost the presidential election in 2020 and was largely responsible for dozens of avoidable down-ballot GOP losses in federal and statewide races in 2018 and 2022, as well. The technical phrase used by political scientists for what Trump is, at this point, is “an anchor dragging the Republican brand into the darkest regions of hell.”
The article quotes The Atlantic's article:
In his recent book Thank You for Your Servitude, my colleague Mark Leibovich quoted a former Republican representative who bluntly summarized his party’s plan for dealing with Trump: “We’re just waiting for him to die.” As it turns out, this is not an uncommon sentiment. In my conversations with Republicans, I heard repeatedly that the least disruptive path to getting rid of Trump, grim as it sounds, might be to wait for his expiration.
The article then continued with his health problems.
  • He is 76 years old.
  • "Donald Trump has a Filet-O-Fish–centered diet, exercises only by playing golf, and employs some of the least trustworthy-seeming doctors to have ever been associated with the medical profession."
  • He caught COVID-19, though he fully recovered.

• He is 76 years old.
  • "Donald Trump has a Filet-O-Fish–centered diet, exercises only by playing golf, and employs some of the least trustworthy-seeming doctors to have ever been associated with the medical profession."
  • He caught COVID-19, though he fully recovered.
His mother lived to 88, his father lived to 93. His lifestyle does not help him, but it might not be enough to save the GOP before the '24 elections.

WATCH: Trump pleads the 5th in deposition for New York attorney general’s office | PBS NewsHour
Trump opened the deposition clarifying past public statements that he intended not to use his constitutional protection against providing self-incriminating statements, now instead saying “anyone in my position not taking the Fifth Amendment would be a fool, an absolute fool.”

He proceeded to decline answers to all questions, repeating the phrase “same answer,” all while appearing to closely examine documents handed to him by state attorneys.
:rotfl:

"Ron DeSanctimonious" hasn't been taking off, so Trump has been workshopping some other attack names.

DeSantis’s Challenge: When, and How, to Counterattack Trump - NY Times

Since November, despite the criticism he faced at the time, Mr. Trump has periodically hit out at his potential rival, albeit to a relatively small audience. He posted his most recent innuendo about the governor on Truth Social, where he has just under five million followers. And he has insulted Mr. DeSantis in casual conversations, describing him as “Meatball Ron,” an apparent dig at his appearance, or “Shutdown Ron,” a reference to restrictions the governor put in place at the beginning of the coronavirus pandemic.

"Meatball Ron" is better. It's shorter, suitably juvenile, and has just enough of that special Trump racism sauce that Republicans love.

I don't get the meatball connection. How is it a dig at his appearance? Is Donnie Dum Dum simply insulting his Italian ancestry?

I don't get the meatball connection. How is it a dig at his appearance? Is Donnie Dum Dum simply insulting his Italian ancestry?
It’s a vague yet succinct summation of DeSantisness. Thick, bigoted and insipid.
Of all Trump‘s thousands of derogatory nicknames given, this one is by far my favorite.

shorter, suitably juvenile, and has just enough of that special Trump racism sauce
Exactly!
that Republicans love.
Hey, it’s not just Republicans - I love it too!

Back
Top Bottom