• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Merged So what's next for Trump?

To denote when two or more threads have been merged
Former President Donald Trump on Monday took time off from melting down over the FBI executing a search warrant at his home to seize classified documents to demand that he be installed as commander-in-chief of the United States—22 months after he decisively lost the 2020 race.

The twice-impeached ex-president, though, did propose a “minimal solution” if he is not returned to the White House right away: Declare the 2020 vote “irreparably compromised” and hold a new one “immediately.”
Delusional.
More like nuckin' futs.
more like: deliberately outrageous proclamation, meant to distract and con

Fcn9XoxX0AAraRx

I was just listening to MSNBC. The DOJ has just issued at least 40 known new subpeonas and seized phones from several Trump aides. Not the January 6 Committee, but the DOJ. Things be getting serious.
I think we'll start seeing charges after the mid-terms.
Looks like the DOJ really, really wants to respect the unwritten "hands off 60 days from an election" window, but be ready to spring into action the day after it.

Of course, it would have been nice if James Comey hadn't effectively torpedoed then-candidate Hillary Clinton out of the fucking water SIX days before an election, but, whatever.

One of the myriad frustrating things about Trump and his idiot cultists is the constant drumbeat of "Unfair! Unfair!" regarding his "treatment"--by the media, by government officials, by historians, by talk-show hosts, everybody NOT wearing one of his dumbass red hats, basically-- while he has been given exponentially more breaks than anyone else in the country could have ever hoped for, and more. ANY American other than Trump would already be in jail, several times over, period.

Yet this clown is constantly crying "No fair."
Did you expect evil people to not hear all the things said about them which caused people to oppose them, and then not say those things to cause the people who opposed the evil folks when they heard so to make them oppose the people who properly identify the evil bastards?

Of course they're going to say those things and because they can't say them accurately, they just repeat it more and say it more loudly.

Then when the error is pointed out as loudly...

"WE'RE BOTH SCREAMING! BOTH SIDES! BOTH SIDES!"

The January 6 Committee is reportedly now being flooded with tips and more inforamtion about the insurrection and related issues. People are losing fear of Trump. Or are fearing him and wanting to see him neuteralized.

Jean Carroll hase been suing Trump for libel. But now Trump is being essentially sued for rape.

"Roberta A. Kaplan, the journalist’s lawyer, explained in her letter to the judge that Carroll is now preparing to file a separate lawsuit under New York’s Adult Survivors Act 'on the earliest possible date,' which is Nov. 24," said the report. "Kaplan also explained that Trump—as he has done in nearly every court case of late—is refusing to turn over court-mandated evidence. Trump 'remains unwilling to produce any documents in discovery,' not 'a single document,' Kaplan wrote. "

Donald Trump, 3 of his children sued for business fraud by New York AG

NEW YORK — New York Attorney General Letitia James filed a lawsuit Wednesday accusing former president Donald Trump, three of his grown children and executives at his company of flagrantly manipulating property valuations to deceive lenders, insurance brokers and tax authorities into giving them better rates on bank loans and insurance policies and to reduce their tax liability.

The 222-page civil complaint asks the New York Supreme Court to bar Trump, as well as Donald Trump Jr., Ivanka Trump and Eric Trump, from serving as executives at any company in New York, and to bar the Trump Organization from acquiring any commercial real estate or receiving loans from any New York-registered financial institution for five years.
It seeks to recover more than $250 million in what James’s office says are ill-gotten gains received through the alleged deceptive practices. While the lawsuit itself is not a criminal prosecution, James (D) said she has referred possible violations of federal law to the Justice Department and the IRS.

I watched her speech. Maybe it will give Trump a stroke. Supposedly it's much easier to win a civil lawsuit compared to a criminal charge. I guess that's why she's doing this. It's about time that somebody charged him with something, even if it's just a civil lawsuit. The news just said that this civil lawsuit, if won, might lead to a criminal charge. Hoping. Hoping.

I watched her speech. Maybe it will give Trump a stroke. Supposedly it's much easier to win a civil lawsuit compared to a criminal charge. I guess that's why she's doing this. It's about time that somebody charged him with something, even if it's just a civil lawsuit. The news just said that this civil lawsuit, if won, might lead to a criminal charge. Hoping. Hoping.
A stroke? While he can shake down a Sheik for 8x the amount James is asking for, just for saying “I don’t think he [MBS] did it”? And that’s the best case, if they ever get to squeeze a dime out of that turnip. No biggie.

Pleading the fifth is admissible in civil lawsuits.

But, there is overwhelming evidence, via documentation that took a long time to acquire, that he's committed financial fraud for over 10 years. He can plead the 5th all he wants. I doubt that will matter, considering the evidence. You know. Things like greatly exaggerating the sq. ft. of Trump Tower, when he wanted to refinance it....Stuff like that. He took a lot of big banks for a ride, and I'm pretty sure some who have been screwed by him, just might be willing to testify. Of course, on the other hand, I've not known anyone who has gotten away with all of the crimes that he has. Just think. If he hadn't become president, he would never have been investigated for his many crimes. He's just such a sick narcissist that he will do anything to get more attention. It's what he's live for and I will admit, he's a master at manipulating easily led people.

I mentioned the stroke possibility because he certainly has many risk factors for one, and that would at least get him off of the stage and leave us with the evil Desatan, aka Desantis, who I'm pretty sure is the new, maybe bigger version of Trump. We have a long way to go if we want to try and restore our fragile democracy, which keeps getting more cracks in its foundation.

But I believe in Civil Court, pleading the fifth can be held against you.

But I believe in Civil Court, pleading the fifth can be held against you.
That's what I meant to say.

Former President Donald Trump was warned by former White House attorney Eric Herschmann about the legal peril of keeping classified documents last year, according to three sources in a new report from New York Times correspondent and CNN analyst Maggie Haberman.

This is pretty damning. Trump was warned early on his refusal to hand over secret documents was illegal by his own legal council. And in any future trial, this will be a set of key facts as too Trump's state of mind. The laws did not apply to Donald J. Trump. I suspect his lawyers are not going to take the fall for Trump.

Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez questions Michael Cohen (C-SPAN) - YouTube - that famous video, complete with AOC asking MC about Trump-property jumping property valuations.

Trump Is Sued for Fraud By New York State A.G. Letitia James - The New York Times
Attorney General Letitia James of New York filed a sweeping lawsuit on Wednesday that accused Donald J. Trump, his family business and three of his children of lying to lenders and insurers by fraudulently overvaluing his assets by billions of dollars.

Ms. James is seeking to bar the Trumps, including Donald Jr., Eric and Ivanka, from ever running a business in the state again.
It's a civil case, but she's recommended that Federal prosecutors consider criminal charges.
The 220-page lawsuit, filed in State Supreme Court in Manhattan, lays out in new and startling detail how Mr. Trump’s annual financial statements were a compendium of lies, according to Ms. James. The statements — yearly records that include the company’s estimated value of its holdings and debts — wildly inflated the worth of nearly every one of its marquee properties, according to the lawsuit. They include Mar-a-Lago in Florida, Trump Tower and 40 Wall Street in Manhattan.

The company also routinely spurned the assessments of outside experts. After a bank ordered an appraisal that found 40 Wall Street was worth $200 million, the Trumps promptly valued it at well over twice that amount. Overall, the lawsuit said that 11 of Mr. Trump’s annual financial statements included more than 200 false and misleading asset valuations.

“The number of grossly inflated asset values is staggering, affecting most if not all of the real estate holdings in any given year,” according to the lawsuit. Ms. James, a Democrat who is running for re-election, filed the lawsuit just weeks after the former president refused to answer hundreds of questions under oath in an interview with her office.
Read Letitia James’s Lawsuit Against Donald Trump - The New York Times

Trump tweeted (truthed?) in Truth Social that this was “Another Witch Hunt by a racist Attorney General, Letitia James,” and that “she is a fraud who campaigned on a “get Trump” platform.”

Donald Trump Jr. on Twitter: "This is all about politics. Weaponizing her office to go after her political opponents!" / Twitter
noting
Trump War Room on Twitter: ""I look forward to going into the office of Attorney General every day...suing him...and then going home." -Letitia James
Letitia James has WEAPONIZED her office for political gain. (vid link): / Twitter

You can take the 5th but in a civil matter the jury is directed to consider that in the worst light. "Did you rape that woman?" "I take the fifth". The jury is directed to assume you did rape that woman.

Raw Story is reporting that Rachel Maddow has reported there is now a Grand Jury issuing subpoenas over the organizing of Trump's ellipse rally pre-January 6. That right winged extremist groups were planning an attack on the Congressional building to stop certification of the election is known. Now the question would be who planned this, executed the plan, and who in the government knew of all of this.

A secret Grand Jury has subpeoned a number of ex-Trump aides over the January 6 riots. Trump's lawyers are claiming executive privlege. Everything about this Grand Jury is sealed. Trump has been requesting people subpeoned not to testify.

Back
Top Bottom