• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Merged So what's next for Trump?

To denote when two or more threads have been merged

A secret Grand Jury has subpeoned a number of ex-Trump aides over the January 6 riots. Trump's lawyers are claiming executive privlege. Everything about this Grand Jury is sealed. Trump has been requesting people subpeoned not to testify.
This is all getting so spicy~

Trump Loses It Over New York Lawsuit, Calls Letitia James ‘Racist’ – Rolling Stone

nikki mccann ramírez on Twitter: "Trump responds to the lawsuit from NY AG, calls Letitia James a “racist” and the investigation a “witch hunt” (pic link)" / Twitter
Another Witch Hunt by a racist Attorney General, Letitia James, who failed in her run for Governor, getting almost zero support from the public, and now is doing poorly against Law & Order A.G. candidate, highly respected Michael Henry. I never thought this case would be brought until I saw her really bad poll numbers. She is a fraud who campaigned on a "get Trump" platform, despite the fact that the city is one of the crime and murder disasters of the world under her watch!

nikki mccann ramírez on Twitter: "“Peekaboo” ? “Bye, Bye” ? (pic link)" / Twitter
Attorney General Letitia "Peekaboo" James, a total crime fighting disaster in New York, is spending all of her time fighting for very powerful and well represented banks and insurance companies, who were fully paid, made a lot of money, and never had a complaint about me, instead of fighting murder and violent crime, which is killing New York State. She is a failed A.G. whose lack of talent in the fight against crime is causing record numbers of people and companies to flee New York. Bye, bye!

He might mean:  Pickaninny - sometimes used as a racial slur.

Back to Rolling Stone.
“Letitia James is not working for the Attorney Generals office — she is working for the DNC,” Eric Trump, Executive Vice President of the Trump Organization, wrote in a tweet.

His brother and Trump Organization Executive Vice President Donald Trump Jr. added that “the bullshit Dem witch-hunt continues!”

Trump lawyer Alina Habba, who recently settled a lawsuit from a former employee that in part alleged Habba had referred to James as a “the black bitch” said in a Wednesday statement that “today’s filing is neither focused on the facts nor the law … rather, it is solely focused on advancing the attorney general’s political agenda.”

Letitia James and Donald Trump's history of clashes - BBC News
On the night she was elected in 2018, the former city councilwoman and public defender took aim at Mr Trump.

"He should know that we here in New York - and I, in particular - we are not scared of you," she warned.

She pledged to shine "a bright light into every dark corner of his real estate dealings, and every dealing, demanding truthfulness at every turn".

Her investigations into the highly influential National Rifle Association, the undercounting of Covid deaths in New York nursing homes, and accusations of sexual harassment against former New York governor and Democratic ally Andrew Cuomo, have earned her a national reputation.
Trump called her a "failed" attorney general after she dropped out of the NY governor's race of 2022.
Ms James shrugged off the insults, saying they had no bearing on her investigation or the potential outcome in court.

"Two judges have dismissed those claims of a witch hunt," she said at Wednesday's press conference in Manhattan. "So I give no credence to the names that he has referred to me."
He did a deposition last August, where she asked him lots of questions, and he invoked the Fifth Amendment, something that he earlier stated indicates guilt.
Mr Trump has argued that her previous comments, including when she referred to him as an "illegitimate president" during her run for attorney general, prove that has a political vendetta against him.

Comments she made at a debate in 2018 pledging to "focus on Donald Trump" and "follow his money" have also led Mr Trump's lawyers to claim political bias.

Reuters recently ran an article listing seven court cases currently facing Mr. von Clownstick. Did they miss any?

PlaintiffTypeCharges
New York Attorney General
Civil
Valuation Fraud
New York A.G. referred to IRS and Feds
Criminal
Related to Valuation Fraud?
New York State
Criminal
Tax Fraud, Weisselberg expected to testify against Trump Organization
U.S. Dept of Justice
Criminal
Stealing government records
E. Jean Carroll
Civil
Defamation by rapist against victim
J6 (Thompson, Liz Cheney et al) referring to US DoJ
Criminal
Inciting Insurrection etc.
State of Georgia
Criminal
Electon Fraud

Can sue Trump for being a racist, insurrectionist, Russia-pandering fascist with hints of Hitler type behaviors??

Just another grift. Nothing more.

Wow - just Wow.

Create more lawsuits, get more donations - because "Everybody is Mean to me.."

An the gullible just eat it up. :sick:

Quick! One of you insult me!

I'll sue you. Then I'll start a GoFundMe to pay for the lawyers.

I promise we'll split the proceeds.

He is a gifted grifter. A bank gets wise by the third time someone robs them. He manages to repeatedly rob his supporters with such ease, that they just give it to him.

He is a gifted grifter. A bank gets wise by the third time someone robs them. He manages to repeatedly rob his supporters with such ease, that they just give it to him.
Trump in 2016: "I'm so rich...I don't need their money."

Trump today: "I need your money!"

You know what would be really surprising? If an "I don't need your money" billionaire actually spent his (or her) own money and refused campaign donations.

I might disagree with their policy positions, but it would be hard to argue that a billionaire who refused campaign donations and spent nothing more than their own money did not have the courage of their convictions.

But that never happens. Ever.

For some reason a candidate who can pay for an entire campaign with the money in their wallet somehow needs donations from people who make less than their own employees.

well, it is also quite possibly a frivolous lawsuit... which would award the defendant damages and possibly even sanctions against the plaintiff AND his lawyers directly. Part of those sanctions can very well be the money he grifted with the frivolous lawsuit, if it can be proven that the intent of the lawsuit was to raise that money in the first place.

Trump in 2016: "I'm so rich...I don't need their money."
I've seen the argument that rich people are less danger of being corrupted by campaign contributions than less-rich ones. But one does not get rich by not wanting wealth, and many rich people never seem to have enough.
Trump today: "I need your money!"

You know what would be really surprising? If an "I don't need your money" billionaire actually spent his (or her) own money and refused campaign donations.
One does have to be careful here, because billionaires' wealth is in assets, not income, so one has to avoid projecting one's financial planning onto them. If they sell any of their assets, those assets are gone. But that side, if one's assets are income-producing, like stocks and bonds, one can have plenty of income. For a 1% annual return, a billion dollars of assets yields 10 million dollars a year of income, which is more than enough to finance most campaigns.

Back
Top Bottom