• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Merged So what's next for Trump?

To denote when two or more threads have been merged
He's already into his next caper, collecting money from supporters. Lots of emails going out asking for donations to fund the recount lawsuits. Problem is if you read the fine print that's not where the money is going, unless you like to make a donation in the thousands. If you send in a hundred bucks it just goes into Dumph's pocket.

The guy has a great business, taking money from people.

I've heard predictions he will start an online subscription network of political BS spreading and adulation seeking.

Trump told advisers he could announce 2024 bid shortly after certification of Biden win: report | TheHill
noting
Trump Floats Improbable Survival Scenarios as He Ponders His Future - The New York Times
There is no grand strategy. President Trump is simply trying to survive from one news cycle to the next.

“He knows it’s over,” one adviser said. But instead of conceding, they said, he is floating one improbable scenario after another for staying in office while he contemplates his uncertain post-presidency future.

There is no grand strategy at play, according to interviews with a half-dozen advisers and people close to the president. Mr. Trump is simply trying to survive from one news cycle to the next, seeing how far he can push his case against his defeat and ensure the continued support of his Republican base.

By dominating the story of his exit from the White House, he hopes to keep his millions of supporters energized and engaged for whatever comes next.
Dominating it by acting like a big baby.
Advisers said his efforts were in keeping with one of his favorite pastimes: creating a controversy and watching to see how it plays out.

As a next step, Mr. Trump is talking seriously about announcing that he is planning to run again in 2024, aware that whether he actually does it or not, it will freeze an already-crowded field of possible Republican candidates. And, Republicans say, it will keep the wide support he showed even in defeat and could guarantee a lucrative book deal or speaking fees.
He is hoping to go the way of  Grover Cleveland. He was the only President ever to serve non-consecutive terms, in 1885–1889 and in 1893–1897. That makes him a President with two sequence numbers: 22 and 24. The interruption was from his losing the 1888 Presidential election.
A peaceful transition is not as much on Mr. Trump’s mind right now as settling scores both inside and outside the administration.

White House advisers have sent warnings to any government employees who might be looking for other jobs, have placed loyalists in the upper ranks of the Pentagon, and have been open to calls for intelligence officials to declassify documents related to the investigation into a possible conspiracy between the Trump campaign in 2016 and Russian officials.
Warnings like this: Trump staffers face firing threats if they hunt for new jobs: reports - Business Insider
What pettiness.

Trump told advisers he could announce 2024 bid shortly after certification of Biden win: report | TheHill
According to interviews with half a dozen advisers and others close to Trump, the president has no larger strategy to continue denying the election results in several key battleground states, but is instead hoping to maintain support from his base as he considers what he will do once he leaves the Oval Office.

Other prominent Republicans seen as having decent chances of leading the party's next ticket include two of Trump's 2016 rivals, former Ohio Gov. John Kasich and Sen. Ted Cruz (Texas), as well as other current members of the Senate Republican Conference such as Sens. Josh Hawley (Mo.) and Tim Scott (S.C.).

Trump is also considering starting his own streaming media channel to compete directly with Fox News, Axios reported Thursday, according to sources with knowledge of the plans.

Trump privately discussing 2024 run - Axios

Is Trump going to do all this from a New York State prison? I can’t imagine he’ll be paroled before 2024. He’ll possibly be facing insurance fraud, criminal tax evasion, grand larceny, and scheming to defraud.

Is Trump going to do all this from a New York State prison? I can’t imagine he’ll be paroled before 2024. He’ll possibly be facing insurance fraud, criminal tax evasion, grand larceny, and scheming to defraud.

I'm sorry, but you failed to correctly name the charges. See, all those offenses he did are *.-while-white-and-wealthy.

The maximum penalties for these things are "slap on the wrist with a limo noodle".

I'm sorry, but you failed to correctly name the charges. See, all those offenses he did are *.-while-white-and-wealthy.

The maximum penalties for these things are "slap on the wrist with a limo noodle".

The fact that you want a rich white man to get a slap on the wrist is dictator level behaviour on par with what Hitler did. :mad:

The fact that you want a rich white man to get a slap on the wrist is dictator level behaviour on par with what Hitler did. :mad:

Yeah, shame on that shameless fuck WANTING such a terrible thing to be true...

Didn't Lyndon Larouche run from jail? I find it funny that they reference Eugene Debs having run from prison first, the difference being Debs was in jail for protesting US involvement in The Great War, where as Larouche was a fraud.

I think you missed the sarcasm.

Last edited:
According to interviews with half a dozen advisers and others close to Trump, the president has no larger strategy to continue denying the election results in several key battleground states, but is instead hoping to maintain support from his base as he considers what he will do once he leaves the Oval Office.

Other prominent Republicans seen as having decent chances of leading the party's next ticket include two of Trump's 2016 rivals, former Ohio Gov. John Kasich and Sen. Ted Cruz (Texas), as well as other current members of the Senate Republican Conference such as Sens. Josh Hawley (Mo.) and Tim Scott (S.C.).

Trump is also considering starting his own streaming media channel to compete directly with Fox News, Axios reported Thursday, according to sources with knowledge of the plans.

This is one I never thought of. Pathetic.

I think NY AG Letitia James and DA Cy Vance are going to make an exception. -Not sarcasm.

The NY AG is a black female. Not that that has anything to do with anything. Just thought I'd make mention of it as an aside.

This is one I never thought of. Pathetic.

Trump is s narcissist living on borrowed and stolen and donated monies. Makes sense to me.

Back
Top Bottom