• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Special Counsel investigation of Trump part 2

CNN says Trump has been indicted on seven federal counts.

CNN said:
Former President Donald Trump has been indicted in the Justice Department investigation into the misuse of classified documents, a source familiar with the matter said.

Trump has been charged with seven counts, according to a source.

This marks the first time a former president has faced federal charges, and it is the second time Trump has been charged criminally this year.

And Trump announced it as well.

CNN said:
Trump also posted on Truth Social that he has been indicted.

One hopes that this time Federal security staff are better prepared than they were on January 6, 2021.
Tom

So the only way I can process this right now is to relate it to my work.

At my job, one of the most stressful things I can hear is the robotic voice from the computer that says "escalation incoming."

That means that something has gone terribly wrong, and the person a level below me has "noped" out of the situation, and it's up to me to try and fix what caused them to smash the "escalate" button.

I suspect that folks who were recently very proud of themselves for launching the Christie and Pence Presidential campaigns just hit the "escalate" button.

One hopes that this time Federal security staff are better prepared than they were on January 6, 2021.
Tom
Well … The Secret Service is scrambling:

“Nobody anticipated this was coming,” said one security official.

WTF? EVERYBODY anticipated this was coming.

Reactions: jab
CNN says Trump has been indicted on seven federal counts.

CNN said:
Former President Donald Trump has been indicted in the Justice Department investigation into the misuse of classified documents, a source familiar with the matter said.

Trump has been charged with seven counts, according to a source.

This marks the first time a former president has faced federal charges, and it is the second time Trump has been charged criminally this year.

And Trump announced it as well.

CNN said:
Trump also posted on Truth Social that he has been indicted.

CNN now says at the same link that one of the charges is conspiracy.

Guess what judge got assigned the case. Judge Aileen Cannon. You might remember her as the District Judge appointed by Trump that got a legalized version of a spanking from the appellate court from earlier in this saga.

Guess what judge got assigned the case. Judge Aileen Cannon. You might remember her as the District Judge appointed by Trump that got a legalized version of a spanking from the appellate court from earlier in this saga.
So… if she dutifully dismisses the case can it be un-dismissed by a higher court?

She should have been removed from her duties as a Judge after the appellate court tore her ruling to shreds.

Two of Trump's lawyers quit the document case. They about to be indicted or are they fleeing?
article said:
"This morning we tendered our resignations as counsel to President Trump," the two lawyers said in a statement. "It has been an honor to have spent the last year defending him, and we know he will be vindicated."
ROTFLMFAO

Did a comedian write that?!

Dude, we are sure he will be acquitted, we ain't even gonna bother being involved in the process and will help save him some money. We look forward to seeing him at our disbarments.

Reactions: jab
Trump aid Walt Nauta has also been indicted. I have absolutely no sympathy for him. Anyone who worked for Trump who didn't notice that people associated with him eventually end up in prison gets what they deserve.

ETA And two of his attorneys have resigned.

No reason for sympathy, if the reports are true, he was very willfully committing crimes here.

Indictment unsealed.
WashPo said:
The 49-page indictment unsealed Friday against former president Donald Trump and a key aide contains 38 separate charges, consisting of at least seven distinct types of crimes.

The first 31 counts listed in the indictment, and the bulk of the crimes in the indictment, charge Trump with willful retention of national defense information — a violation of the Espionage Act that pertains to whether individuals broke the rules for the handling of classified documents.

The other counts include conspiracy to obstruct justice, withholding a document or record, corruptly concealing a document or record, concealing a document in an investigation, scheming to conceal, and false statements.

Check this one out...
article said:
The indictment quotes from a text exchange between two unnamed Trump employees. “There is still a little room in the shower where his other stuff is,” one wrote as they discussed where to move boxes that were in a business center at the complex.
Trump is fucked! I mean, this is the thing... if they don't charge him over this, why even bother having the law?

Yeah, I don't think even Cannon can save him. And with her as judge and a favorable jury pool, makes it all the harder to complain about bias, though they will. Waiting for Trump to wail that a fourth cousin of Cannon voted for Bill Clinton once.

Back
Top Bottom