• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Studies on vaccines

Passive aggressive Trump supporter and anti-vaxxer? What is your deal?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I am not an anti vaxxer or a Trump supporter. You present no evidence of either of these lies. Welcome to my ignore list.

which sounded like you were saying outbreaks only happen in unvaccinated populations

A high overall vaccination rate doesn't mean there isn't a subpopulation that has a low vaccination rate. That's where the outbreaks happen--some traveler brings in the disease and it spreads through the kids of the parents who won't vaccinate.

It could spread through low responders too, or people whose protection has dropped off and have not had a booster shot . At least that's how I understand it.

I am not an anti vaxxer or a Trump supporter. You present no evidence of either of these lies. Welcome to my ignore list.
Oh my, poor passive aggressive snowflake.

M'eh if you had anything intelligent to say you would say it. 54,000 posts? You need to get a life Jimmy and not spend all your time on the Internet.

Oh my, poor passive aggressive snowflake.

M'eh if you had anything intelligent to say you would say it. 54,000 posts? You need to get a life Jimmy and not spend all your time on the Internet.
Criticizing somoene's posting habits is not the behavior of someone using their ignore list as stated.
QUOTING someone supposedly on your ignore list is, rather, the opposite of ignoring them.
Just sayin.'

Criticizing somoene's posting habits is not the behavior of someone using their ignore list as stated.
QUOTING someone supposedly on your ignore list is, rather, the opposite of ignoring them.
Just sayin.'

I hadn't quite got around to doing it.....its done now.....but Keith you should get a life too. Do you really have such a sad excuse for a life that you were compelled to point out I took an hour or so to do something?
Do you really have nothing better to do?

A high overall vaccination rate doesn't mean there isn't a subpopulation that has a low vaccination rate. That's where the outbreaks happen--some traveler brings in the disease and it spreads through the kids of the parents who won't vaccinate.

It could spread through low responders too, or people whose protection has dropped off and have not had a booster shot . At least that's how I understand it.

Most diseases cannot spread through low responders alone; there is a minimum total proportion of low responders, people who have missed boosters, and people who have not been vaccinated (including infants who have not yet been vaccinated; persons who are unable to be vaccinated due to allergies or other disorders; and people who intentionally avoid vaccination) below which a disease cannot spread through a population, and will die out in that population.

This is why it is essential that everyone who can be vaccinated should be; and why people should not miss their booster shots.

If the population under consideration is the entire world, then the disease can be completely eradicated by means of sufficient numbers of vaccinated people - as has already happened with smallpox.

Nobody needs to get a smallpox vaccination anymore; and as long as anti-vax loons can be prevented from maintaining a pool of infectious people within the population, one day we might be able to say the same of polio, measles, rubella, and a host of other diseases.

Ironically, by slowing the eradication effort, anti-vax campaigners actually increase dramatically the total number of people who will ever be vaccinated.

Just sayin.'

I hadn't quite got around to doing it.....
Well, you don't need to actually navigate the horribly complex mechanics of the Ignore Function in order to not read someone's posts and not respond to them.. It makes it easier, but still, you look kinda silly to IMMEDIATELY respond, right after saying you wouldn't.
its done now.....
Yay! You managed it! What, did you buy the 'ignore for dummies' book or hire someone from IT to do it for you?
but Keith you should get a life too.
Aw, i'm so very touched by your concern for my time management. Nothing Above knows i never get tired of people who know what i need to do online more than i do.
Do you really have such a sad excuse for a life that you were compelled to point out I took an hour or so to do something?
Compelled? No. You just clearly have a compulsion to see their posts, so even if you do put them on ignore, you're probably going to sneak back in from time to time to see if they're talking about you. Seems likely considering you HAD to reply right after saying you wouldn't....
Do you really have nothing better to do?
I love how pointing out that you're being inconsistent is somehow my problem... An artifact of my being a loser.

I don't think there is a vaccine in use where herd immunity isn't enough to quickly squash any breakouts. If the unprotected aren't somehow concentrated they're at very little risk. We see the outbreaks amongst groups of anti-vaxxers.

- - - Updated - - -

If the population under consideration is the entire world, then the disease can be completely eradicated by means of sufficient numbers of vaccinated people - as has already happened with smallpox.

Nobody needs to get a smallpox vaccination anymore; and as long as anti-vax loons can be prevented from maintaining a pool of infectious people within the population, one day we might be able to say the same of polio, measles, rubella, and a host of other diseases.

Ironically, by slowing the eradication effort, anti-vax campaigners actually increase dramatically the total number of people who will ever be vaccinated.

We can only get a total kill against diseases that have no non-human host.

I don't think there is a vaccine in use where herd immunity isn't enough to quickly squash any breakouts. If the unprotected aren't somehow concentrated they're at very little risk. We see the outbreaks amongst groups of anti-vaxxers.

- - - Updated - - -

We can only get a total kill against diseases that have no non-human host.

That's not actually true.

It's easier, but it's not the only possibility.

Damn. I so liked Marin county.

So, you know about Marin County and their resident lefty-loonie anti-vaxxers? There's a pretty big group of them living in Bolinas who claim that one of the ingredients in vaccines is monkey vomit. :picardfacepalm:

If you have money, virgin wool sweater, arts degree, you heard, and you worship Aristotle, you are probably from Marin county.

Does anyone have any links to good studies on vaccines to show their effectiveness. Particularly whooping cough and maybe measles.

Thanks

I recommend the Cochrane Library. It can be accessed online as such. Just put in your search topics and then select from the options offered. The reviews can be pretty specific at times, so take care to read the titles carefully. Each review also contains a "easy to read" section for those in the general public, like most of us here, can read and understand. The Cochrane Collaborative, which maintains the Library, is an independent international medical research review organization that is considered the exemplar of 'Evidence-Based Medicine' research reviews.

I do not recommend that you rely solely upon the CDC. It is a US government bureaucracy and hobbled by that reality. It is tainted. Badly.

With regards attitudes about vaccines, I suggest that readers here acquaint themselves with the critiques of Dr. Richard Horton, former editor of Lancet, Dr. Marcia Angell, former editor of the New England Journal of Medicine, Dr. Tom Jefferson, epidemiologist and chief reviewer in acute respiratory infections group and vaccine field for the Cochrane Collaboration, and Dr. Carl Elliot, medical ethicist.

Quite frankly, there is no reason to trust the industry which produces vaccines. Everything they have done in the recent past indicates that they have worsened in their predation upon the public. Vaccines are not somehow immune, as every evidence is that the 'flu vaccine' program being pushed each 'flu season' is a largely ineffective fraud. 'Vaccine failure' is real. Acquaint yourselves with the Krahling-Wlochowski whistleblower case...which I doubt will ever see the light of justice.

And, lest you break your own nose in some kind of knee-jerk compulsion to label me a 'anti-vaxxer', I'll note that I had all the common childhood diseases (measles, mumps, chicken pox) as a child. For that I did not contract, I was later vaccinated, including twice for smallpox. I had the sugar cubes for polio vaccine. Later I was vaccinated prior to participation in scouting. Later than that, I was vaccinated for various blood-borne pathogens because I was a teacher. I also got additional vaccines for my overseas travels through central Asia. I got a pneumovax after contracting pneumonia in Canada. I just recently added the shingles vaccine. I will NEVER submit to a 'flu vaccine'.

Nor will I ever support 'mandatory' vaccination. If you cannot convince upon the results, then vaccinate your own and STFU. Those who refuse must bear the consequences.

Last edited:
Does anyone have any links to good studies on vaccines to show their effectiveness. Particularly whooping cough and maybe measles.

Thanks

I recommend the Cochrane Library.

I do not recommend that you rely solely upon the CDC. It is a US government bureaucracy and hobbled by that reality. It is tainted. Badly.

With regards attitudes about vaccines, I suggest that readers here acquaint themselves with the critiques of Dr. Richard Horton, former editor of Lancet, Dr. Marcia Angell, former editor of the New England Journal of Medicine, Dr. Tom Jefferson, epidemiologist and chief reviewer in acute respiratory infections group and vaccine field for the Cochrane Collaboration, and Dr. Carl Elliot, medical ethicist.

Quite frankly, there is no reason to trust the industry which produces vaccines. Everything they have done in the recent past indicates that they have worsened in their predation upon the public. Vaccines are not somehow immune, as every evidence is that the 'flu vaccine' program being pushed each 'flu season' is a largely ineffective fraud. 'Vaccine failure' is real. Acquaint yourselves with the Krahling-Wlochowski whistleblower case...which I doubt will ever see the light of justice.

And, lest you break your own nose in some kind of knee-jerk compulsion to label me a 'anti-vaxxer', I'll note that I had all the common childhood diseases (measles, mumps, chicken pox) as a child. For that I did not contract, I was later vaccinated, including twice for smallpox. I had the sugar cubes for polio vaccine. Later I was vaccinated prior to participation in scouting. Later than that, I was vaccinated for various blood-borne pathogens because I was a teacher. I also got additional vaccines for my overseas travels through central Asia. I got a pneumovax after contracting pneumonia in Canada. I just recently added the shingles vaccine. I will NEVER submit to a 'flu vaccine'.

Nor will I ever support 'mandatory' vaccination. If you cannot convince upon the results, then vaccinate your own and STFU. Those who refuse must bear the consequences.

So those that cannot take vaccines should STFU? Go fuck yourself.

Thanks

I recommend the Cochrane Library.

Agreed. The success of vaccines has been so overwhelming, it is incredible to hear arguments against them. Measles pops up every once in a while because of stupid shit in the post of whollygoats.

Agreed. The success of vaccines has been so overwhelming, it is incredible to hear arguments against them. Measles pops up every once in a while because of stupid shit in the post of whollygoats.

Specify the 'stupid shit'.

Cannot take vaccines? The vanishingly small number who cannot be vaccinated are the flip side of the vanishingly small numbers who are permanently harmed by vaccine administration under the current paradigm. Tough luck, eh?

That 'overwhelming success' has not been the case with 'influenza vaccines'. They continue to be a useless fraud perpetrated upon the unwitting public.

The success of the early vaccines has emboldened the corrupt industry which creates them to perpetrate a subsequent fraud upon the public to line their pockets with the assets of the gullible.

Back
Top Bottom