• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Syed's Mega-Thread

this is just my theory, i am just trying to understand what is soul? so my conclusion is soul is a engine of life

Your conclusion based on what facts and reason? Let me clarify:

1. Syed assumes/hypothesizes that humans have souls.
2. Syed researches the evidence that supports this claim
3. Syed concludes that souls exist and have specific properties.

You have skipped over Step 2 entirely. You have no evidence that souls exist, but you conclude your assumption is true anyway. Do you understand now why your arguments don't work?

I believe that you are here for your personal entertainment, not for honest debate, and certainly not to learn anything new. A sincere effort to engage and learn from these conversations would go a long way towards changing my view. Do you really want to show up in front of Allah on judgement day just as ignorant as the day you were born, having spent your life deliberately avoiding learning about what you believe is Allah's creation?

Allah:
"Syed, I gave you life and sent you to talkfreethought.org so you could learn about my magnificent creation. But you have spent your life fucking with the people who were trying to help you, and now you stand before me ignorant as a rock! What am I going to do with you Syed?"

...That would be like a child whose father was a police officer being unable to reconcile the fact that their parent at one time saves people from burning cars and other times uses a tazer on people who steal cars.
Can't quite wrap my head around this one. Policemen put out fires? I mean, here in the UK normally firemen (firefighters) would do that. Or is it some mysterious theist analogy?

I don't get it. Is the soul the engine or the fuel to the engine? You seem to imply that the soul is the engine. But then what is the fuel?

food is a fuel, organs are machine, soul is the engine

If the soul is the engine it should be detectable in some way, the link between soul and the machine should be physical, therefore detectable. Unless the soul runs the body by magic?

As it stands, none of your contentions can be checked or tested. It's just the things that you believe and say.

The quran being no better, and given that it borrowed myths from surrounding cultures, ideas that have little or no merit, probably worse.

my title of the thread say ''Soul = Electricity = Battery = Engine of all creatures''

this is just my theory, i am just trying to understand what is soul? so my conclusion is soul is a engine of life

But why do you have your own theory? Why not read about real theories by people who have studied stuff. You're just interpreting stuff as a layman. I don't see the point?

this is just my religious understanding of soul

But why are you using scientific terms for a religious discussion?

soon science will find out what keep us alive

Science has known this for over a hundred years now. You're not adding anything new.

food is a fuel, organs are machine, soul is the engine

If the soul is the engine it should be detectable in some way, the link between soul and the machine should be physical, therefore detectable. Unless the soul runs the body by magic?
i would say god's magic cant be seen

But why do you have your own theory? Why not read about real theories by people who have studied stuff. You're just interpreting stuff as a layman. I don't see the point?

i dont trust scientist nor muslims

We can prove electricity with experiments.

Guess what we can't do with souls? Go on, guess!

- - - Updated - - -

i dont trust scientist nor muslims

Of course you trust science. You're using a product of science to communicate your anti-science arguments.

...That would be like a child whose father was a police officer being unable to reconcile the fact that their parent at one time saves people from burning cars and other times uses a tazer on people who steal cars.
Can't quite wrap my head around this one. Policemen put out fires? I mean, here in the UK normally firemen (firefighters) would do that. Or is it some mysterious theist analogy?

Cops are nearly always first to an accident. Sometimes it requires quick thinking and quick actions. I think that is what it means.

That's right. Magic can't be seen or detected. God can't be seen or detected. We have no reason to believe in the reality of god's magic or god.

- - - Updated - - -

Of course you trust science. You're using a product of science to communicate your anti-science arguments.
i trust only which i agree

The computing device you are using to post on this message board is the product of a very large number of scientific conclusions. If you didn't trust science, you would not be posting on this message board.

By the way, many of the conclusions that make your computing device possible are related to ideas that also prove the big bang theory.

- - - Updated - - -

That's right. Magic can't be seen or detected. God can't be seen or detected. We have no reason to believe in the reality of god's magic or god.

You can't see or detect goblins either, therefore goblins are real!

- - - Updated - - -

i trust only which i agree

Which is another way of saying that you believe what you want to believe and disregard the rest.

The ability and performance of god rating quite poorly when compared with the ability and performance of policemen, apparently.

Back
Top Bottom