• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Syria, Turks, and Kurds

Aw hell, I was hoping he would actually do the right thing.

According to some here, that means I am somehow a Trump supporter because I hoped he would do the right thing.

Genocide is not the right thing.

You're mixing up the talking points. The accusation of genocide is used to describe his activities at the southern border of the US. Trump is not ordering the troops to kill a particular ethnic group in Syria.

Bringing the discussion back to the Kurds...

After the first Gulf War, the US betrayed the Kurds in Iraq. Saddam slaughtered them.

When Gulf War II, Electric Boogaloo happened, they supported us again for some reason. Then when ISIS moved in (thanks to Bush's FUBAR war) the Kurds were like "yeah, we got your back." While the rest of the country was a massive cluster fuck, Iraqi Kurdistan was a region of relative stability. Kurdish territory (such as it is) extends into Syria and Turkey. Everything on that end was going...perhaps not well, but they were fighting on our (and their) behalf. Eleven thousand of them were planted in the ground in that fight.

And because Fragilego Mussolini has a hard-on for authoritarians like Erdogan, he hung them out to dry.

Will they ever trust us again?

I wouldn't.

If Trump talks to the authoritarians, he gets labeled as one. If he refuses to talk to them, he looks like he's too scared to stand up and chat with the big bad brutal dictators and gets called a chicken shit.

Such is the life of being Trump and having a nation of TDS sufferers. That's not a slur. Doctors have clinically diagnosed it as real.

If Trump talks to the authoritarians, he gets labeled as one. If he refuses to talk to them, he looks like he's too scared to stand up and chat with the big bad brutal dictators and gets called a chicken shit.

Well, he is a chickenshit. He has never done anything other than punch down his entire worthless life. And it is possible to talk to authoritarians without showering them with sycophantic praise. Every other President and pretty much every other world leader is capable of this. Trump is not because he secretly envies the lack of accountability fascist states like North Korea and Turkey give to their leaders. That you are ignorant of the distinction is disappointing, but not surprising.

Such is the life of being Trump and having a nation of TDS sufferers. That's not a slur. Doctors have clinically diagnosed it as real. (emphasis mine)

Quick question, how many years are we going to have to wait before you provide any evidence of this?

Aw hell, I was hoping he would actually do the right thing.

According to some here, that means I am somehow a Trump supporter because I hoped he would do the right thing.

Genocide is not the right thing.

You're mixing up the talking points. The accusation of genocide is used to describe his activities at the southern border of the US. Trump is not ordering the troops to kill a particular ethnic group in Syria.

You are mixing things up. Your Dear Leader suggested the Kurds genocide themselves just recently but prior to that he was enabling the Turks with your support to commit genocide. Don't try to change the subject to the US southern border. Accept the consequences of your political support for policy is discussion.

Well, he is a chickenshit. He has never done anything other than punch down his entire worthless life. And it is possible to talk to authoritarians without showering them with sycophantic praise. Every other President and pretty much every other world leader is capable of this. Trump is not because he secretly envies the lack of accountability fascist states like North Korea and Turkey give to their leaders. That you are ignorant of the distinction is disappointing, but not surprising.

Such is the life of being Trump and having a nation of TDS sufferers. That's not a slur. Doctors have clinically diagnosed it as real. (emphasis mine)

Quick question, how many years are we going to have to wait before you provide any evidence of this?

Conservatives suffer through TDS but liberals often find it funny.

trevor_noah10.jpg

If Trump talks to the authoritarians, he gets labeled as one.
I'm just going to go ahead and file this under made-up lie. Talking TO them is not why people say that.
It's when he talks about how wonderful they are.
When he takes their side over our own intell agencies.
When he talks about how it would be wonderful to have their powers over the press.

But talking TO them? No, that's not what makes him an authoritarian.
If he refuses to talk to them, he looks like he's too scared to stand up and chat with the big bad brutal dictators and gets called a chicken shit.
who has he refused to talk to?
Such is the life of being Trump and having a nation of TDS sufferers. That's not a slur. Doctors have clinically diagnosed it as real.
which doctors?
Was it a study or a survey? Or a magazine headline?
You say 'a nation of' such. How was the density determined? Is the number of sufferers eqyual to the survey respondents who want Trump impeached for the felonies he bragged about?

which doctors?
The one that signed the 6th grade level note Trump wrote for himself so he didn't have to take a physical.
rumpdoc.JPG

In fact, without his lifts, Trump stands 5'9" tall and weighs very nearly 300 lbs. The greatest thing he has ever accomplished is to have consumed as many garbage cheeseburgers as he has, and still be alive and able to stand on his our lawn screaming at the press.

ETA: Or did you mean "witch doctors"? If so , I apologize

You are mixing things up. Your Dear Leader suggested the Kurds genocide themselves just recently but prior to that he was enabling the Turks with your support to commit genocide. Don't try to change the subject to the US southern border. Accept the consequences of your political support for policy is discussion.

So you are saying you were wrong to put the label of "genocide" on Trump. Thanks for admitting it.

Apparently al-Baghdadi was killed by US special operations forces on October 26th.

The Washington Post had some interesting things to say about this. Their initial headline is currently "Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, extremist leader of Islamic State, dies at 48". For a while it was changed to "Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, austere religious scholar ad helm of Islamic State, dies at 48".

After the killing, Trump gave a press conference in which he thanked the allies that worked together on this, saying "the Russian, the Kurds" in that order instead of reverse order. That also brought severe condemnation because it was "proof" that Trump is a "Russian Asset" or something like that. Also, there was information passed between the US and Russia so that the troops wouldn't be in each others way or accidentally confront each other, but Nancy Pelosi wasn't kept in the loop "proving" that Trump has a higher regard for Russia than Pelosi. So much "proof" in this one act.

Next I suppose that killing al-Baghdadi is somehow going to mean that the Kurds are being genocided by US troops the way Don2 tried to suggest.

So you are saying you were wrong to put the label of "genocide" on Trump. Thanks for admitting it.

Wtf, no I didn't say that at all.

Apparently al-Baghdadi was killed by US special operations forces on October 26th.

The Washington Post had some interesting things to say about this. Their initial headline is currently "Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, extremist leader of Islamic State, dies at 48". For a while it was changed to "Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, austere religious scholar ad helm of Islamic State, dies at 48".

After the killing, Trump gave a press conference in which he thanked the allies that worked together on this, saying "the Russian, the Kurds" in that order instead of reverse order. That also brought severe condemnation because it was "proof" that Trump is a "Russian Asset" or something like that. Also, there was information passed between the US and Russia so that the troops wouldn't be in each others way or accidentally confront each other, but Nancy Pelosi wasn't kept in the loop "proving" that Trump has a higher regard for Russia than Pelosi. So much "proof" in this one act.

Next I suppose that killing al-Baghdadi is somehow going to mean that the Kurds are being genocided by US troops the way Don2 tried to suggest.

They will probably say something sick like, "Too bad he was killed under Trump's watch instead of a Democrat's."

They will probably say something sick like, "Too bad he was killed under Trump's watch instead of a Democrat's."

So now you're just out and out trolling, are you? Can you even name one person who thinks that? Nevermind, it's pretty obvious you have some phobia towards facts and reality. You might want to go see a doctor, I hear TDS is a real thing.

Trump looks like a genius now, doesn't he guys? ISIS leader is DEAD and his successor is also DEAD.

How will leftists spin this into Trump being the bad guy?

Trump looks like a genius now, doesn't he guys? ISIS leader is DEAD and his successor is also DEAD.

Trump is not the bad guy for taking out ISIS leaders. I applaud that. I also applauded when he sent that MOAB into the ISIS cave complex.

He's a bad guy for turning his back on the Kurds, allowing them to be slaughtered after fighting for us against ISIS and providing the intel that allowed us to take out Baghdadi. Then he lied to us saying he's bringing the troops home when he really just redeployed them to Iraq and Syrian oilfields.

Trump is not the bad guy for taking out ISIS leaders. I applaud that. I also applauded when he sent that MOAB into the ISIS cave complex.

He's a bad guy for turning his back on the Kurds, allowing them to be slaughtered after fighting for us against ISIS and providing the intel that allowed us to take out Baghdadi. Then he lied to us saying he's bringing the troops home when he really just redeployed them to Iraq and Syrian oilfields.

Like I always said, we need those oil fields. Otherwise, leftists will be the first ones complaining about how there's a gas shortage and prices are rising.

Like I always said, we need those oil fields. Otherwise, leftists will be the first ones complaining about how there's a gas shortage and prices are rising.
you start out with whst might be a defensible fact, but then jump to asinine partisan baiting....

Leftists are not the ones rolling coal. I suspect they're gonna be ahead of us in line....

Back
Top Bottom