• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Tara Reade is a person who exists

Creepy Joe vs. Confirmed Rapist Trump. No contest.

If what Biden did to Tara Reade is true, then that is not just creepy, its also rape.

So, you think that it's cool beans to condemn a person without an investigation? I open to having an investigation. But I have some very serious questions about her credibility.

Did you read what I said? I said, "if true". I don't know whether the story is true or not. I am open to an investigation also.

Creepy Joe vs. Confirmed Rapist Trump. No contest.

If what Biden did to Tara Reade is true, then that is not just creepy, its also rape.

And if you kill someone, it's murder. And if you mug someone, it's assault. And if and if and if...

But it's not confirmed. In regard to Trump, however, it has been confirmed by Trump himself that he is a rapist.

But it doesn't matter, of course, since Republican voters clearly don't give a shit about rape. Only Democrats care about rape. Which is why the Trump camp is so desperately pushing the "creepy Joe" imagery; to effect Democratic voters. Because they have nothing else.

Trump got impeached for trying to gin up fake foreign investigations, ffs. That's how far they will go and how terrified they are of Biden.

But in regard to Trump voters, they all just want us to say, "We don't care if Biden raped Reade" so that they can all point their whataboutism fingers. It is always their goal to reduce the left down to their level--to call us deplorable as well--since they're too corrupt and ignorant to rise to ours.

The problem being, of course, that we do in fact care, which is why we have all read Reade's account--and the many problems with it--with great concern. But the discussion can't ever be about the problems with her account; it must ALWAYS be forced into a false equivalence.

Republicans don't give a shit about the truth; they only give a shit about exonerating their guy. Trump's a rapist, so Biden must be a rapist too so that they can all feel smug about Democrats being superior to them. That's what this is all about.

If it were all about a genuine concern over whether or not Reade was raped, then not a single one of these pathetic trolls pretending righteous indignation now would have voted for Trump to begin with.

:confused2:

JUST IN: Biden Accuser’s Story Similar to Unearthed Passage From Novel Written by Her Father

Those claims escalated last month with a graphic account of an alleged 1993 assault in which Biden pinned her against a wall in the corridors beneath the Capitol and “went down my skirt, but then up inside it and he penetrated me with his fingers. And he was kissing me at the same time and he was saying something to me.”

A similar scene is described in a 2010 novel called “Loss: A Love Story,” written by Bob Moulton — whose 2016 obituary lists Reade as a surviving family member, and which also mentions the book.

Page 37 of that book describes a first sexual encounter between characters named “Jim” and “Jane”:

After several weeks of flirting with him she spent the night in his room on Bleeker Street next door to the Russian strip tease joint. As soon as he closed and locked the door he put his hands up her skirt grabbed her buttocks slid his hands under her panties spread her cheeks and rammed his fingers into her. In spite of her fear she eventually responded and they coupled on the rickety bed jolting it until its metal legs nearly gave way.

The passage was discovered and circulated on Twitter Wednesday night.

Former federal prosecutor Michael Stern presented a skeptical but thorough reading of Reade’s allegations and evidence in USA Today on Wednesday that did not include this passage.

It's also suspiciously similar (nearly identical in fact) to Jean Carroll's account of what Trump allegedly did to her:

Once inside, Carroll alleged that Trump lunged at her, pushed her against a wall and kissed her before pulling down her tights...."The next moment, still wearing correct business attire, shirt, tie, suit jacket, overcoat, he opens the overcoat, unzips his pants, and, forcing his fingers around my private area, thrusts his penis halfway — or completely, I’m not certain — inside me."

The only differences being that Trump allegedly went a step further and that Carroll was able to provide the location and date/time it took place, where Reade could not (which is an important point because it means Biden can't provide an alibi).

ETA: And this just in as well: Reade: ‘I didn’t use sexual harassment’ in Biden complaint.

Of note:

Tara Reade, the former Senate staffer who alleges Joe Biden sexually assaulted her 27 years ago, says she filed a limited report with a congressional personnel office that did not explicitly accuse him of sexual assault or harassment.

“I remember talking about him wanting me to serve drinks because he liked my legs and thought I was pretty and it made me uncomfortable,” Reade said in an interview Friday with The Associated Press. “I know that I was too scared to write about the sexual assault.”

Reade said she described her issues with Biden but “the main word I used — and I know I didn’t use sexual harassment — I used ‘uncomfortable.’ And I remember ‘retaliation.’”

Reade described the report after the AP discovered additional transcripts and notes from its interviews with Reade last year in which she says she “chickened out” after going to the Senate personnel office. The AP interviewed Reade in 2019 after she accused Biden of uncomfortable and inappropriate touching. She did not raise allegations of sexual assault against Biden until this year, around the time he became the presumptive Democratic presidential nominee.

The existence of the Senate report has become a key element of the accusations against Biden, which he has flatly denied. Reade says she doesn’t have a copy of the report, and Biden said Friday that he is not aware that any complaint against him exists. He asked the Senate and the National Archives to search their records to try to locate a complaint from Reade.

But Reade is suggesting that even if the report surfaces, it would not corroborate her assault allegations because she chose not to detail them at the time.

According to a transcript of her 2019 interview with the AP, Reade said: “They have this counseling office or something, and I think I walked in there once, but then I chickened out.” She made a similar statement in a second interview with AP that same day, according to written notes from the interview.

On Friday, Reade said she was referring to having “chickened out” by not filing full harassment or assault allegations against Biden. In multiple interviews with the AP on Friday, Reade insisted she filed an “intake form” at the Senate personnel office, which included her contact information, the office she worked for and some broad details of her issues with Biden.
During one of the April 2019 interviews with the AP, she said Biden rubbed her shoulders and neck and played with her hair. She said she was asked by an aide in Biden’s Senate office to dress more conservatively and told “don’t be so sexy.”

She said of Biden: “I wasn’t scared of him, that he was going to take me in a room or anything. It wasn’t that kind of vibe.”

So, from what I can make out about it, she didn't file an official complaint of any kind, she filed an "intake form," but it did not say anything about sexual assault. Unless there is some other meaning specific to the Congress, an "intake form" is just the standard particulars of your previous jobs.

Last edited:
JUST IN: Biden Accuser’s Story Similar to Unearthed Passage From Novel Written by Her Father

Those claims escalated last month with a graphic account of an alleged 1993 assault in which Biden pinned her against a wall in the corridors beneath the Capitol and “went down my skirt, but then up inside it and he penetrated me with his fingers. And he was kissing me at the same time and he was saying something to me.”

A similar scene is described in a 2010 novel called “Loss: A Love Story,” written by Bob Moulton — whose 2016 obituary lists Reade as a surviving family member, and which also mentions the book.

Page 37 of that book describes a first sexual encounter between characters named “Jim” and “Jane”:

After several weeks of flirting with him she spent the night in his room on Bleeker Street next door to the Russian strip tease joint. As soon as he closed and locked the door he put his hands up her skirt grabbed her buttocks slid his hands under her panties spread her cheeks and rammed his fingers into her. In spite of her fear she eventually responded and they coupled on the rickety bed jolting it until its metal legs nearly gave way.

The passage was discovered and circulated on Twitter Wednesday night.

Former federal prosecutor Michael Stern presented a skeptical but thorough reading of Reade’s allegations and evidence in USA Today on Wednesday that did not include this passage.

Holy crap! Yea, I'm sorry, but she just has very little credibility here. The extremely frustrating part is that she will make it more difficult for women to be heard when they are really abused and have evidence.

It's also suspiciously similar (nearly identical in fact) to Jean Carroll's account of what Trump allegedly did to her:

Once inside, Carroll alleged that Trump lunged at her, pushed her against a wall and kissed her before pulling down her tights...."The next moment, still wearing correct business attire, shirt, tie, suit jacket, overcoat, he opens the overcoat, unzips his pants, and, forcing his fingers around my private area, thrusts his penis halfway — or completely, I’m not certain — inside me."

The only differences being that Trump allegedly went a step further and that Carroll was able to provide the location and date/time it took place, where Reade could not (which is an important point because it means Biden can't provide an alibi).

ETA: And this just in as well: Reade: ‘I didn’t use sexual harassment’ in Biden complaint.

Of note:

Tara Reade, the former Senate staffer who alleges Joe Biden sexually assaulted her 27 years ago, says she filed a limited report with a congressional personnel office that did not explicitly accuse him of sexual assault or harassment.

“I remember talking about him wanting me to serve drinks because he liked my legs and thought I was pretty and it made me uncomfortable,” Reade said in an interview Friday with The Associated Press. “I know that I was too scared to write about the sexual assault.”

Reade said she described her issues with Biden but “the main word I used — and I know I didn’t use sexual harassment — I used ‘uncomfortable.’ And I remember ‘retaliation.’”

Reade described the report after the AP discovered additional transcripts and notes from its interviews with Reade last year in which she says she “chickened out” after going to the Senate personnel office. The AP interviewed Reade in 2019 after she accused Biden of uncomfortable and inappropriate touching. She did not raise allegations of sexual assault against Biden until this year, around the time he became the presumptive Democratic presidential nominee.

The existence of the Senate report has become a key element of the accusations against Biden, which he has flatly denied. Reade says she doesn’t have a copy of the report, and Biden said Friday that he is not aware that any complaint against him exists. He asked the Senate and the National Archives to search their records to try to locate a complaint from Reade.

But Reade is suggesting that even if the report surfaces, it would not corroborate her assault allegations because she chose not to detail them at the time.

So another changing story.

I'm beginning to think Ms. Reade may have some mental health issues.

No, EJC did not provide a date/time. She claimed that it happened in 1995 or 1996, which is very vague.

Of note:

I'm thinking political motives. The two are not necessarily separate, though.

But it is indeed possible that what she says is true. I don't find it plausible but it is possible. Many victims of sexual assault don't come forward for years. Shock and trauma can cause confusion and can make it difficult to recall exactly where something happened and some details. But that level of vagueness is ....hard to believe as is the mechanics of what she claimed happened. And harder to believe in light of anything else that's been said about Biden by anybody.

Tara Reade: Legacy of Lies ( Part One Background)

Tara Reade AKA Alexandra Tara McCabe, Tara Reade Moulton, Alexandra Reade among other aliases has a long history. There is a legacy of lies that she tells regarding her past. Then there is the unvarnished truth regarding this woman who cons, scams and steals from people. Tara Reade has been a flimflammer almost her entire adult life.Where to start with this huge volume of information is the dilemna we have to consider. Another consideration was what to put in and what to leave out for the potential well being of people who know her. We have decided to post all of the material we have obtained in what will be a three part account.

A lot of information there but I'd take it with a grain of salt.

Of note:

But it is indeed possible that what she says is true. I don't find it plausible but it is possible. Many victims of sexual assault don't come forward for years. Shock and trauma can cause confusion and can make it difficult to recall exactly where something happened and some details. But that level of vagueness is ....hard to believe as is the mechanics of what she claimed happened. And harder to believe in light of anything else that's been said about Biden by anybody.

You might be right. But the odd thing is that she's a Bernie supporter and supposedly doesn't like Trump. So why come out after Biden has beaten Sanders? Timing doesn't make sense.

No, EJC did not provide a date/time. She claimed that it happened in 1995 or 1996, which is very vague.

The other details are not vague. She checked to see if video still existed that would have confirmed her account. She immediately told two close friends, one of whom offered to go with her to the police and the other who counseled her to be silent because the man in question had about 200 lawyers. And she still had the dress, unlaundered, and never worn again.

You might be right. But the odd thing is that she's a Bernie supporter and supposedly doesn't like Trump. So why come out after Biden has beaten Sanders? Timing doesn't make sense.

The timing makes perfect sense. A certain set of Bernie supporters are determined to torpedo Biden any way that they can..

If the assault had actually happened, it seems odd that she never mentioned it during either of his runs as VP. But she didn't. She saved it up for now, after a lot Bernie support and Putin love.

The timing makes perfect sense. A certain set of Bernie supporters are determined to torpedo Biden any way that they can..

If the assault had actually happened, it seems odd that she never mentioned it during either of his runs as VP. But she didn't. She saved it up for now, after a lot Bernie support and Putin love.

To be fair, Christine Blasey Ford didn't bring her allegations against Brett Kavanaugh until it was clear he was on Trump's short list to be on the Supreme Court. Not when he became a judge or rose in the ranks, but when he became a candidate for the highest court.

That said, the more important point about Biden having been VP is that not only did the Obama campaign thoroughly vet him, the GOP had plenty of opportunity to dig through his life for "opposition research" and I can't imagine they'd have let any evidence of him as a serial sexual predator lie around unused. I mean, Obama's opposition flat-out made up a fake narrative about his birthplace, used his choice of church against him, and hammered away at the fact he had interacted with a former 60's radical (Bill Ayers) which is not really controversial when you consider they were both professors in Chicago. The opposition had to gin up these "controversies" about Obama because in truth, the man was a boy scout by comparison.

The easier path would have been to go after his VP pick, who'd had a long political career, yet for some reason not a single one of these supposed indiscretions came to light until 8 years after the last time he ran for office? Hmm...

To be fair, Christine Blasey Ford didn't bring her allegations against Brett Kavanaugh until it was clear he was on Trump's short list to be on the Supreme Court. Not when he became a judge or rose in the ranks, but when he became a candidate for the highest court.

That said, the more important point about Biden having been VP is that not only did the Obama campaign thoroughly vet him, the GOP had plenty of opportunity to dig through his life for "opposition research" and I can't imagine they'd have let any evidence of him as a serial sexual predator lie around unused. I mean, Obama's opposition flat-out made up a fake narrative about his birthplace, used his choice of church against him, and hammered away at the fact he had interacted with a former 60's radical (Bill Ayers) which is not really controversial when you consider they were both professors in Chicago. The opposition had to gin up these "controversies" about Obama because in truth, the man was a boy scout by comparison.

The easier path would have been to go after his VP pick, who'd had a long political career, yet for some reason not a single one of these supposed indiscretions came to light until 8 years after the last time he ran for office? Hmm...

I understand why more women are saying that Biden has been 'inappropriate' with them, given the #MeToo. Frankly sometimes it takes other people speaking up to have the courage to do so yourself or to think it will do any good at all to say anything, especially if you've been shut down by the power structure in place at the time(s) of incident(s).

If Tara Reade hadn't spoken to anyone outside of personal friends/acquaintances at the time of this alleged assault, then neither Obama's campaign nor Trump's would have had anything to find as it is unlikely that they'd have reason to interview all of Reade's friends or even know anything more than passing acquaintance with her name. Is it plausible that ALL of Biden's staff hid Reade's complaint? That seems unlikely. The fact that she didn't come forward until Biden was a candidate for POTUS and nothing really hit the papers until he was the nominee makes it sound suspicious as in politically motivated.

However, if he really did assault Reade in this manner, then that should be revealed and a different candidate should run. NOT Bernie.

The other details are not vague. She checked to see if video still existed that would have confirmed her account.
When did she supposedly check that? She can't even remember what year it supposedly happened.
She immediately told two close friends, one of whom offered to go with her to the police
If it actually happened, that's exactly what she should have done. Same goes for CBF and TR.
and the other who counseled her to be silent because the man in question had about 200 lawyers.
Most of them being tax and real estate lawyers no doubt, not criminal lawyers. Manhattan's DA office probably has almost as many lawyers. And if there was sufficient evidence of a crime (for example a rape kit and store video), I doubt they would have rolled over if EJC had reported it right away.

And she still had the dress, unlaundered, and never worn again.
That makes her sound more nuts than truthful to be honest.

Note also that she made her allegations in time for her book getting released and that she received a lot of publicity (including a New Yorker cover). Goes to motive.

When did she supposedly check that? She can't even remember what year it supposedly happened.

If it actually happened, that's exactly what she should have done. Same goes for CBF and TR.
and the other who counseled her to be silent because the man in question had about 200 lawyers.
Most of them being tax and real estate lawyers no doubt, not criminal lawyers. Manhattan's DA office probably has almost as many lawyers. And if there was sufficient evidence of a crime (for example a rape kit and store video), I doubt they would have rolled over if EJC had reported it right away.

And she still had the dress, unlaundered, and never worn again.
That makes her sound more nuts than truthful to be honest.

Note also that she made her allegations in time for her book getting released and that she received a lot of publicity (including a New Yorker cover). Goes to motive.

Yea, sadly it's clear that she wants attention. She wants to sell a book. She is muck more savvy that what she appears.

I understand why more women are saying that Biden has been 'inappropriate' with them, given the #MeToo. Frankly sometimes it takes other people speaking up to have the courage to do so yourself or to think it will do any good at all to say anything, especially if you've been shut down by the power structure in place at the time(s) of incident(s).

If Tara Reade hadn't spoken to anyone outside of personal friends/acquaintances at the time of this alleged assault, then neither Obama's campaign nor Trump's would have had anything to find as it is unlikely that they'd have reason to interview all of Reade's friends or even know anything more than passing acquaintance with her name. Is it plausible that ALL of Biden's staff hid Reade's complaint? That seems unlikely. The fact that she didn't come forward until Biden was a candidate for POTUS and nothing really hit the papers until he was the nominee makes it sound suspicious as in politically motivated.

However, if he really did assault Reade in this manner, then that should be revealed and a different candidate should run. NOT Bernie.

Working backwards, if her accusation proves to be credible, then Biden should bow out and I agree that the Democrats should not simply default to Sanders.

As for vetting, of course I wouldn't expect them to uncover this particular accusation, but if Donnie Two Scoops and Handy Harvey have taught us anything, it's that serial sexual harassers/predators leave a long trail of sleaze in their wake. In Biden's long career, you'd think if he were really "Creepy Joe" instead of just "Sleepy Joe," it would have surfaced before now. And at the risk of coming off as insensitive, I believe there's quite a big difference between "he touched my shoulders and I felt that was inappropriate" and "he reached under my skirt and tried to finger bang me." I've known plenty of people (both male and female) who were perhaps a bit more physical than some might care for, but is an unsolicited hug or touching of a knee as you lean in to talk to someone sexual assault? I'm less than convinced.

For example, the receptionist at work that was very flirty with me and then at a company function sat on my lap and kissed me on the cheek (even though I was married then)? Wrong on her part, but not assault.

When another male co-worker tried to corner her in the parking garage and kiss her? Yeah, that's an attempted sexual assault. (I only heard that story later when we were all comparing notes after the douche bag was fired for another reason)

The timing on this one reminds me of the timing of the Ukraine accusations against Biden. He stepped in to get that prosecutor fired while still VP in 2015, and Hunter Biden had been hired on to Burisma in 2014, but there was nary a peep about any of this from the Trump camp until it became clear that Joe Biden would not just enter the race for 2020, but would likely be the front-runner.

For example, the receptionist at work that was very flirty with me and then at a company function sat on my lap and kissed me on the cheek (even though I was married then)? Wrong on her part, but not assault.

When another male co-worker tried to corner her in the parking garage and kiss her? Yeah, that's an attempted sexual assault. (I only heard that story later when we were all comparing notes after the douche bag was fired for another reason)

I'm interested in why you think the secretary's actions towards you were not sexual assault but the co-worker's actions towards the secretary were.

"I have been a victim of each component of the sexual assault spectrum of which you speak. They all hurt. And they are all connected to a patriarchy intertwined with normalized, accepted--even welcomed-- misogyny." -- Alyssa Milano, Dec 15 2017

Do you think that because Trump is a terrible monster that Biden never hurt anyone? I am asking because I am trying to understand the relevance.

Of course not! If Reade's allegations and all the other allegations of relatively minor stuff are true, Trump is still a horrible, horrible monster. Also, if Reade's allegations are true, Biden should not be the nominee.

For the record and as a reminder: I initially objected to Biden out of hand because of his age. That has not changed at all. I will vote for him (assuming there is no proof of Reade's allegations being true) but I'd have much rather had a younger candidate. My favorite was/is Elizabeth Warren and although she's significantly younger than Biden or Sanders or Trump, she's older than I like. There were other candidates I liked and thought would be good. But nope. The People prefer doddering old men to accomplished women.

I'm interested in why you think the secretary's actions towards you were not sexual assault but the co-worker's actions towards the secretary were.

A kiss on the cheek may not be welcome but it is not as threatening as cornering someone in a parking garage. Cornering someone in an isolated place is far too often a prelude to a much more serious assault.

Full disclosure: A co-worker did to me exactly what happened to Ford, except I was able to dodge the kiss. I was about 8.5 months pregnant at the time and the man was almost old enough to be my grandfather. I popped up immediately and threatened to tell mgt who would have taken it very seriously. Then learned he had attempted the same thing with every young female in the building. I thought he was grossly inappropriate and disgusting but I did not think that was sexual assault. I thought it was an old man trying to get by with grabbing whatever he could from whatever young woman was naive enough to get within arm's reach. I felt disgusted, not threatened. He did not attempt to touch my breasts or rear or genitals or to reach or look down my clothes.

Too many other times, I've had guys attempt to reach into my clothes, grab a part of my body, and much worse--those were sexual assaults. Someone trying to kiss me when it was clearly inappropriate to do so? Gross and perhaps harassment but not assault.

Back
Top Bottom