• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Tara Reade is a person who exists

Okay, so you have nothing. You can't point to a single thing I've written to demonstrate that I hate "independent women". It's an accusation you manufactured and declared without evidence.
If anyone should appreciate that beliefs are involuntary and that one cannot will what one believes, it ought to be you.

The fact that you cannot will what you believe does not mean beliefs are inexplicable. I believe there's an oven in my kitchen, and I could explain why I believe it.

Emily may or may not believe I hate 'independent women', but she stated that I hated "independent women". I'll give her the benefit of the doubt that her statement was a true reflection of her belief. She believes I hate "independent women". Why does she believe it? It would be informative to me to see why people believe false things about me. I suspect it's because claiming you are not a feminist and that you are opposed to feminism triggers a false conflation in feminists that anti-feminist = anti-woman/woman-hater/misogynist. But I don't know Emily's mind.

That needs its own thread. But in short:

• feminism is built on a false foundation--patriarchy theory.
  • feminism has other unproven foundations--for example that inequitable outcomes can arise only from unequal treatment.
  • feminists have co-opted other causes (e.g. lgbt) because the feminist demand for misogyny exceeds the supply.
  • feminists are deeply hypocritical when they claim to promote the equality of the sexes, yet 'equality' is operationalised as 'at least as good as or better off than men'. The World Economic Forum publishes an annual 'Global Gender Gap' report. Countries are scored on a scale from 0 (worst gender gap) to 1 (no gender gap). But '1' is a lie. Look at page 12. Australia gets a score of 1.0 for educational attainment, because, by the methodology used in the report, at least as many women get degrees as men. But of course there is a gender gap in education attainment. Boys are doing worse. It's just they don't care if boys are doing worse.
  • feminists (the ones that will survive, anyway) have adopted Woke left ideology, a destructive and pernicious ideology that is obsessed with categorising people and awarding privilege based on that categorisation.

Wow. I was expecting at least some shallow attempt to whitewash your view and make it less offensive. I suppose I have to give you props for owning your own hatred of independent women I guess.

There is nothing particularly offensive about this view. And certainly, very little that would justify the inference that Metaphor "hates independent women".

Indeed, most women in the US and UK don't identify as feminists, so really, anyone's opinions about feminists cannot really be a good indicator about their opinion on women.

• feminism has other unproven foundations--for example that inequitable outcomes can arise only from unequal treatment.
  • feminists have co-opted other causes (e.g. lgbt) because the feminist demand for misogyny exceeds the supply.
  • feminists are deeply hypocritical when they claim to promote the equality of the sexes, yet 'equality' is operationalised as 'at least as good as or better off than men'. The World Economic Forum publishes an annual 'Global Gender Gap' report. Countries are scored on a scale from 0 (worst gender gap) to 1 (no gender gap). But '1' is a lie. Look at page 12. Australia gets a score of 1.0 for educational attainment, because, by the methodology used in the report, at least as many women get degrees as men. But of course there is a gender gap in education attainment. Boys are doing worse. It's just they don't care if boys are doing worse.
  • feminists (the ones that will survive, anyway) have adopted Woke left ideology, a destructive and pernicious ideology that is obsessed with categorising people and awarding privilege based on that categorisation.

Wow. I was expecting at least some shallow attempt to whitewash your view and make it less offensive. I suppose I have to give you props for owning your own hatred of independent women I guess.

There is nothing particularly offensive about this view. And certainly, very little that would justify the inference that Metaphor "hates independent women".

Indeed, most women in the US and UK don't identify as feminists, so really, anyone's opinions about feminists cannot really be a good indicator about their opinion on women.

Yeah, it's offensive.

Yeah, it's offensive.
Let me rephrase, no reasonable person would be offended by that.

It seems like a straightforward critique of an academic position. Of course, anyone can be offended by anything. A white supremacist could be offended by, say, a critique of their ideas about the supremacy of the white race. That wouldn't be reasonable. Nor would anyone taking offense at the above critique. Certainly it could be reasonable to disagree or rebut those claims. But taking offense signals a rather ugly form of ideological capture.

EW-a0eNXYAIAHIi

EW-a0d8WsAAgxUS

By Biden’s Own Standards, He Is Guilty As Charged

The problem with defending due process in a case like Biden’s with respect to Tara Reade is that Biden himself, when it comes to allegations of sexual abuse and harassment, doesn’t believe in it. Perhaps in part to atone for his shabby treatment of Anita Hill, Biden was especially prominent in the Obama administration’s overhaul of Title IX treatment of claims of sexual discrimination and harassment on campus. You can listen to Biden’s strident speeches and rhetoric on this question and find not a single smidgen of concern with the rights of the accused. Men in college were to be regarded as guilty before being proven innocent, and stripped of basic rights in their self-defense.

Under Biden, Title IX actually became a force for sex discrimination — as long as it was against men. Emily Yoffe has done extraordinary work exposing the injustices of the Obama-Biden sexual-harassment regime on campus, which have mercifully been pared back since. But she has also highlighted Biden’s own zeal in the cause. He brushed aside most legal defenses against sexual harassment. In a speech at the University of Pittsburgh in 2016, for example, Biden righteously claimed that it was an outrage that any woman claiming sexual assault should have to answer questions like “Were you drinking?” or “What did you say?” “These are questions that angered me then and anger me now.” He went on: “No one, particularly a court of law, has a right to ask any of those questions.”

Fuck you, Joe Biden.

You don't have to be a feminist to believe a woman reporting rape, but if you promote the mindless, destructive idea of 'believe women', you are probably a feminist.

So... diverging for a moment... What's your problem with feminists? Why do you seem to imply that feminists are bad?

Fake subjects?

Or are those subjects you'd rather people didn't study, like how 'fake news' is news Trump doesn't want people to report?

Yeah, it's offensive.
Let me rephrase, no reasonable person would be offended by that.

It seems like a straightforward critique of an academic position. Of course, anyone can be offended by anything. A white supremacist could be offended by, say, a critique of their ideas about the supremacy of the white race. That wouldn't be reasonable. Nor would anyone taking offense at the above critique. Certainly it could be reasonable to disagree or rebut those claims. But taking offense signals a rather ugly form of ideological capture.

I'm pretty reasonable. I find it offensive.

It's a pretty straight forward criticism of a dishonest view of feminism. Without any back up.

More of Creepy Uncle Joe:

https://lawandcrime.com/high-profile/woman-claims-biden-sexually-harassed-her-when-she-was-14-years-old-by-complimenting-her-breasts/

A woman says she was sexually harassed by presumptive Democratic Party presidential nominee Joe Biden when she was 14 years old.

The woman, Eva Murry, told Law&Crime that Biden complimented her on the size of her breasts at the First State Gridiron Dinner & Show in 2008, a long-running roast of and party for politicians, journalists and prominent business figures held each year in Delaware. Murry says she remembers the event occurring sometime around May of that year.

One friend and her sister said that Murry told her details of the alleged incident more or less immediately after it happened. Four other friends of Murry’s said they were told about the incident, with the same details, between two and three years after it originally occurred.

“I remember walking into the lobby and being in awe of all the people in such fancy clothes,” Murry said in an interview. “Our two parties of people gravitated towards each other and everyone started saying their hellos. When it was Biden and my aunt’s turn to say hello he quickly turned to me and asked how old I was. I replied with my age and he replied with the comment ‘Fourteen? You’re very well endowed for 14!’ I was confused but it was definitely weird, he looked me up and down and hovered his eyes on my chest so I had some clue [about] the notion of his comment but didn’t fully understand at the time. We quickly separated from his area after the encounter.”

https://lawandcrime.com/high-profile/woman-claims-biden-sexually-harassed-her-when-she-was-14-years-old-by-complimenting-her-breasts/

A woman says she was sexually harassed by presumptive Democratic Party presidential nominee Joe Biden when she was 14 years old.

The woman, Eva Murry, told Law&Crime that Biden complimented her on the size of her breasts at the First State Gridiron Dinner & Show in 2008, a long-running roast of and party for politicians, journalists and prominent business figures held each year in Delaware. Murry says she remembers the event occurring sometime around May of that year.

One friend and her sister said that Murry told her details of the alleged incident more or less immediately after it happened. Four other friends of Murry’s said they were told about the incident, with the same details, between two and three years after it originally occurred.

“I remember walking into the lobby and being in awe of all the people in such fancy clothes,” Murry said in an interview. “Our two parties of people gravitated towards each other and everyone started saying their hellos. When it was Biden and my aunt’s turn to say hello he quickly turned to me and asked how old I was. I replied with my age and he replied with the comment ‘Fourteen? You’re very well endowed for 14!’ I was confused but it was definitely weird, he looked me up and down and hovered his eyes on my chest so I had some clue [about] the notion of his comment but didn’t fully understand at the time. We quickly separated from his area after the encounter.”

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...sconduct-karen-johnson-how-many-a9149216.html

The allegations were noted in an excerpt of the book published in Esquire, including a new interview with Karen Johnson, who said she was touched in an unwanted manner by mr Trump at a New Year's Eve part in the early 2000s."When he says that thing, 'Grab them by the pussy,' that hits me hard because when he grabbed me and pulled me into the tapestry, that's where he grabbed me — he grabbed me there in my front and pulled me in," Ms Johnson said.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...sconduct-karen-johnson-how-many-a9149216.html

The allegations were noted in an excerpt of the book published in Esquire, including a new interview with Karen Johnson, who said she was touched in an unwanted manner by mr Trump at a New Year's Eve part in the early 2000s."When he says that thing, 'Grab them by the pussy,' that hits me hard because when he grabbed me and pulled me into the tapestry, that's where he grabbed me — he grabbed me there in my front and pulled me in," Ms Johnson said.

Yep. Looks like this election will be one for the books. We can call it "Battle of the Pussy Grabbers".

She just happens to be Christine O'Donnell's niece.

Christine Therese O'Donnell is a former Republican Party candidate and conservative activist in the Tea Party movement best known for her 2010 campaign for the United States Senate seat from Delaware vacated by former Vice President Joe Biden.

"I have been a victim of each component of the sexual assault spectrum of which you speak. They all hurt. And they are all connected to a patriarchy intertwined with normalized, accepted--even welcomed-- misogyny." -- Alyssa Milano, Dec 15 2017

Do you think that because Trump is a terrible monster that Biden never hurt anyone? I am asking because I am trying to understand the relevance.

ZiprHead said:
...Christine O'Donnell...

This is a different argument and one that I take seriously: are allegations against Biden part of the Republican propaganda machine?

That name O'Donnell is familiar:
On September 17, 2010, comedian Bill Maher aired a clip of O'Donnell from the October 29, 1999, episode of his old show Politically Incorrect on his current show Real Time with Bill Maher,[89] in which O'Donnell said, "I dabbled into witchcraft – I never joined a coven. ... I hung around people who were doing these things... We went to a movie and then had a little midnight picnic on a satanic altar. And I didn't know it."[89][90][91][92][93] Her admission received widespread media coverage,[89][94] and O'Donnell explained that she had been referring to high school experiences.[95][96] O'Donnell followed up with a TV campaign ad for the general election which featured her declaring, "I'm not a witch". This ad inspired many video parodies,[97][98] most famously by comedian Kristen Wiig on Saturday Night Live.[99] O'Donnell later said that the ad backfired and focused attention on her decade-old statement.[100] Maher apologized to O'Donnell on his show in 2012 stating, "I know when I brought out the witch tape I made your life hell and I'm sorry about that. ... I gotta say, I don't agree with your ideas but it shouldn't have hung on that stupid witch thing." O'Donnell accepted the apology from Maher and blamed herself for partaking in the "I'm not a witch" advertisement.[101][102]

Also some history of dishonesty regarding opponents and sexuality claims:
Castle ignored O'Donnell's candidacy and refused to debate her, calling her dishonest.[17] In early September a political consulting firm hired by O'Donnell released a Web video insinuating that Castle was having a homosexual affair.[62] O'Donnell attempted to distance herself from the claim, stating that the consulting firm was no longer working for her campaign. She then appeared on Mark Levin's radio show, accusing Castle of engaging in "unmanly tactics" during the campaign and saying, "this is not a bake-off, put your man-pants on."[63]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christine_O'Donnell

Creepy Joe vs. Confirmed Rapist Trump. No contest.

Classic Whataboutism. Trump's sexual assault history is simply not relevant to Biden. Some people care more about whether this is true or not and do not want to conflate it with what they want to believe or conflate it with desired election results. For example, I would prefer Biden winning. That doesn't mean that desire is relevant in any way to determining the veracity of claims against him.

Creepy Joe vs. Confirmed Rapist Trump. No contest.

If what Biden did to Tara Reade is true, then that is not just creepy, its also rape.

So, you think that it's cool beans to condemn a person without an investigation? I open to having an investigation. But I have some very serious questions about her credibility.

Back
Top Bottom