• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Ted Cruz’s Excellent Adventure

It's pretty furry. I once saw stray french bulldog here in winter (-20C to -30C), he was fine.
Lots of street dogs of all kinds and sizes here and cats, most of them are on the street for generations and generations. They die only if there is no food.

Very small, less than a cat dogs can be walked outside too, not sure if they survive on their own.

So you are an expert because you observed stray dogs and cats? And you were able to tell all of this from seeing Snowflake through the window and assessing the temperature in the Cruz’s house?
Yes, I am an expert.

Dogs don't mind low temperature. They need food/water.

Dogs and other animals "mind" what they're not accustomed to.
And yes, they can get hypothermic and die, in temperatures that might not effect others of the same breed that have long been used to the cold.
-20C is not cold for a dog like Snowflake. Cat size dogs with short fur, there could be problems, otherwise all they need is food.

Age matters too - When my favorite horse was 3 he could take -20F (-30C) if he had food and shelter from wind. Now he's 21 years old and shivers if not blanketed at 10F (-12C).
21 year old horse? really? 80 in human years?
THIS GUY free-dives without a wetsuit in 50F water, and can breathhold for 5-6 minutes at depth. Most people would go into shock in minutes if not seconds and many would experience cardiac arrest.
Are you comparing hairless apes to dogs?
Cancun Ted is an asshole for leaving his dog, but temperature is not really a problem.

-20C is not cold for a dog like Snowflake. Cat size dogs with short fur, there could be problems, otherwise all they need is food.

Bullshit. If Snowflake was a feral animal born and raised in a cold climate that MIGHT hold true. But more likely (s)he is acclimated to the usual weather in Texas, which, BTW is HOT.
(S)he probably wouldn't have a snowflake's chance in hell in sub-zero (F) temperatures for more than a few hours.
And cruelty doesn't begin at lethal exposure.

There are numerous reports of animals dieing in Texas from the cold right now. I' d link but I'm on my tablet so google if you need confirmation.

Again all kind of dogs, including snowflakes like here. And -45C (-50F) does happen here.
And cats too. Cancun Ted can move to Minnesota, Snowflake will be fine there.

Age matters too - When my favorite horse was 3 he could take -20F (-30C) if he had food and shelter from wind. Now he's 21 years old and shivers if not blanketed at 10F (-12C).
21 year old horse? really? 80 in human years?

Yup. He still competes, too. Here's us a year or two (or few - I forget) ago.

IMG_7145[1].JPG

Quarter horses, if well bred and well cared for, can live past 30 years old. I've worked in an Arab drill team with horses 35 years old.

THIS GUY free-dives without a wetsuit in 50F water, and can breathhold for 5-6 minutes at depth. Most people would go into shock in minutes if not seconds and many would experience cardiac arrest.
Are you comparing hairless apes to dogs?

No, Barbos, I'm comparing mammals to mammals.
I'm not saying that you could condition a toy poodle to stay under 50 degree water for 6 minutes with no ill effect.
Sheesh.

I still think the plight of a pampered pooch is a distraction from the real issues. Cruz abandoned millions of constituents who were in worse shape than that, as a direct result of policies formed by Cruz and his crony compadres in government.

Because he and his family felt a little chilly.

Waaa Waaa.......
Tom

There are numerous reports of animals dieing in Texas from the cold right now. I' d link but I'm on my tablet so google if you need confirmation.
Dogs are not the only animals in Texas. There could be monkeys.

Actually Monkees at an animal sanctuary in Texas did die.

Dogs don't mind low temperature. They need food/water.

Dogs and other animals "mind" what they're not accustomed to.
And yes, they can get hypothermic and die, in temperatures that might not effect others of the same breed that have long been used to the cold.
-20C is not cold for a dog like Snowflake.
An expert would know that it would depend on the amount of the exposure and the weather conditions (wet vs dry). The breed of Cruz's dog - a small poodle - was not bred to live in such temperatures. Nor has that dog been acclimated to such temperatures living in Texas. So, the claim that -20C is not cold for Snowflake is pretty fucking stupid.

However, Snowflake was left in the house where the temperature was not -20C with a security guard checking in to let the dog out a couple of times a day and to feed the dog once a day and to give it water once a day. That suggest to me that the Cruzs have no real friends they can count on to ask to care for a dog.

An expert would know that it would depend on the amount of the exposure and the weather conditions (wet vs dry). The breed of Cruz's dog - a small poodle - was not bred to live in such temperatures. Nor has that dog been acclimated to such temperatures living in Texas. So, the claim that -20C is not cold for Snowflake is pretty fucking stupid.

However, Snowflake was left in the house where the temperature was not -20C with a security guard checking in to let the dog out a couple of times a day and to feed the dog once a day and to give it water once a day. That suggest to me that the Cruzs have no real friends they can count on to ask to care for a dog.

What managed to get you guys all outraged about a dog, when millions of humans were suffering so much more?
Tom

What managed to get you guys all outraged about a dog, when millions of humans were suffering so much more?
Tom

The point is that the Cruz’s are so self absorbed that they don’t care about Fellow Texans and they are so callous they can’t even care about their own dog. If Ted treats his own dog so poorly and blames his actions on his daughters, what qualities then make him a good politician? Money grabbing and only worry about me?

Tom
We can be outraged about both.
One can argue that as a Senator, Cruz is pretty worthless for working class citizens in need. There are agencies in place to fight disasters. He might not feel that he had anything to contribute to power, water, other issues. Long as his contributors got theirs, he's free to go to Czncun.
But even Kate McCallister intended to take Kevin on their vacation, and put their dog in a kennel.
The sociopath left HIS dog in a cold house. An animal he clearly has a direct responsibility for, though he doesn't prioritize that family member as highly as the wife and kids.
It just highlights that Ted doesn't see responsibility the way one might expect, or wish, from a public servant.
Especially vonsidering the number of times Cruise Ted criticized otgers for ignoring their responsibilities.

Tom
I am not outraged. I am pointing out facts.

Here are some more facts.
Snowflake did not vote for Cruz. Snowflake has not voted for years for the politicians who designed and maintained the electric power system in Texas.
To my knowledge, Snowflake has not supported policies to that minimize the everyday expenses of Texans while minimizing expenditures on mitigation of the effects of natural disasters and promoting policies that maximize the effects of natural disasters. All the while, expecting the rest of the US taxpaying public to subsidize the reconstruction in the aftermaths.

Cruz's treatment of Snowflake is an example of the kind of abuse that Texas voters (as a group) tacitly endorse in their voting patterns and daily lives.

Back
Top Bottom