• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Ted Cruz’s Excellent Adventure

Snowflake is not a monkey.
So - Snowflake lacks musical talent, and therefore deserves to DIE?
You heartless basserd!
:hysterical:

To paraphrase a Beatles interview:
Is Snowflake the worst dog in Texas?
Snowflake isn't even the worst dog in the Cruz house.

While Cruz is major-league scum there's not really anything for him to do in Texas. It isn't something you can throw manpower at and fix. What should he do, go make speeches at the pumping facilities? Can he make enough hot air to thaw them?

While Cruz is major-league scum there's not really anything for him to do in Texas. It isn't something you can throw manpower at and fix. What should he do, go make speeches at the pumping facilities? Can he make enough hot air to thaw them?

He could at least throw them some paper towels.

He is a politician, his job is to pretend to care. And he failed at that.

He's first and foremost a hypocrite. Second he tried to blame it on his wife and two daughters. Third he betrayed man's best friend.

He's first and foremost a hypocrite. Second he tried to blame it on his wife and two daughters. Third he betrayed man's best friend.

I honestly don't understand how the cunt keeps getting elected. I mean I get Texan districts are gerrymandered as fuck, but why hasn't any other Republican primaried him? If I got chronic hemorrhoids, the first thing I would do is go buy them chocolates and flowers and say, "Thank you hemorrhoids for not being Ted Cruz".

While Cancun Ted went South, AOL has been raising money, so far $4 millions to help Texans in need. Outside her Congress women's office. Ted, well, he didn't do nuffin at all. Cancun Ted lacked imagination and competence.

Yeah, I wonder why his wife leaked/released these messages.

She didn't leak her messages. She was inviting friends to join them.
This is how the wealthy will react to climate catastrophe.
Her 'friends' released the texts, and/or confirmed the authenticity, after he lied about whose idea the trip was....

While Cancun Ted went South, AOL has been raising money, so far $4 millions to help Texans in need. Outside her Congress women's office. Ted, well, he didn't do nuffin at all. Cancun Ted lacked imagination and competence.

This. Many people were in the act of mobilizing & others on the ground while Rafael Edward Cruz was heading to Mexico. He could have at least joined existing efforts (or even drew attention to them) if he didn't know what to do.

He does his fucking job as an elected Senator. He can't solve the problem, he and his ilk were part of it. But when you are an elected public official, you don't flee a public crisis!
While Cancun Ted went South, AOL has been raising money, so far $4 millions to help Texans in need.
Pretty impressive seeing that AOL is kind of a dead service. Very impressed. :D

Rafael still has a chance to fix the optics. He can admit it was a poor choice and then exploit the attention by providing information regarding efforts (like AOL's) in place to help the people of Texas. But he won't. He'll just make it about Ted instead of being Rafael.

He staged some video of himself loading cars with bottled water in an ill fitting mask. :D

You think it's appropriate for a public official to throw their hands up in the air and say "well, there's nothing I can do!" during a time of crisis in their state? Wow, ok.

This. Many people were in the act of mobilizing & others on the ground while Rafael Edward Cruz was heading to Mexico. He could have at least joined existing efforts (or even drew attention to them) if he didn't know what to do.
Also, Beto (you know, the guy that lost to Cruz last election) was helping find people shelters and getting the word out about phone hotlines for helping people. So why are you making excuses for cruz?

You think it's appropriate for a public official to throw their hands up in the air and say "well, there's nothing I can do!" during a time of crisis in their state? Wow, ok.

You're giving Rafael too much credit. If he'd just thrown his hands up and said "well there's nothing I can do!", he could be forgiven for just being lazy. He could explain it away by making up some bullshit excuse like "I didn't want to complicate the governor's efforts to manage the problem...too many cooks in the kitchen and what not."

Cancun Cruz did something worse than simply being lazy. He used his wealth and privilege to do something the vast majority of his constituents cannot afford to do...skip town and pop down to an expensive resort on the beach in Mexico. Then he lied about it only because he got caught. What he did is show a combination of being out of touch with his constituents as well as a callous indifference to their suffering. He's not stupid. He just lacks any sort of empathy, which is something you should have in spades if you're going to take a public service job.

It’s like he wants all the benefits of having the job without actually doing the job.

Kind of a theme lately.

Back
Top Bottom