• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Ted Cruz’s Excellent Adventure

Think it might have something to do with his constituents?

I'm certain it has something to do with his constituents. That's why he doesn't give a flying fuck about optics.

I don't know about that. I think when Cruz said that taking the trip was a mistake he meant it was all about the optics. Which you'd think his constituents would find insulting. But all they really care about is that whether he's able to perform like a trained poodle. And that's why most people have more sympathy for his dog than they do for him. He simply looks incompetent no matter where you stand.

I'm certain it has something to do with his constituents. That's why he doesn't give a flying fuck about optics.

Cruz won by a hair's breadth last time. This may be enough to put O'Rourke over next time.

I will only fault someone for not acting when there was something useful they could do. I disagree with doing something just to look like you're not doing nothing--that's counterproductive.

It was demonstrated by AOC and Beto that he could have done something useful. That he was so unimaginative as to not even think of ways he could help shows the problem.

If he doesn’t want to be a leader he may as well quit and let someone who does have his position.

She didn't get the power on one second earlier than it otherwise would have.
No, but human compassion (and political brownie points) helped drive her to help raise money to help the people whose power was still off. So she helped reduced suffering.

Senator Cruz, simply didn't give a fuck.

Cruz won by a hair's breadth last time. This may be enough to put O'Rourke over next time.

Trying to picture the trumpsucking Cruz fan who is going to change their vote after Antifa turned off their power and froze their house.
Not seeing it.

I will only fault someone for not acting when there was something useful they could do. I disagree with doing something just to look like you're not doing nothing--that's counterproductive.

It was demonstrated by AOC and Beto that he could have done something useful. That he was so unimaginative as to not even think of ways he could help shows the problem.

If he doesn’t want to be a leader he may as well quit and let someone who does have his position.

She's a hard core New York liberal, hated in Texas. She had no control over the pointedly non-federally regulated Texas power supplies.

But she still managed to get more done for Texans in dire need than Cruz could accomplish in a Mexican beach chair sipping margaritas.

How difficult is that? Cruz could have done what AOC and the Squad did, only better.

Amirite?
Tom

So the only way to help was to get the power on earlier? The $5M she raised in charity won’t help anyone? Maybe it’s just a grift, like the Trumps would do.

Note that she wasn't in Texas. And raising money for the people who took the risk of a market-rate electric company doesn't keep anyone from dying from the cold.

So the only way to help was to get the power on earlier? The $5M she raised in charity won’t help anyone? Maybe it’s just a grift, like the Trumps would do.

Note that she wasn't in Texas. And raising money for the people who took the risk of a market-rate electric company doesn't keep anyone from dying from the cold.
I guess she should have done nothing like Ted Cruz then since no one was stopped from dying.

It’s been difficult chasing after your goal posts.

While Cruz is major-league scum there's not really anything for him to do in Texas. It isn't something you can throw manpower at and fix. What should he do, go make speeches at the pumping facilities? Can he make enough hot air to thaw them?

You think it's appropriate for a public official to throw their hands up in the air and say "well, there's nothing I can do!" during a time of crisis in their state? Wow, ok.

You're giving Rafael too much credit. If he'd just thrown his hands up and said "well there's nothing I can do!", he could be forgiven for just being lazy. He could explain it away by making up some bullshit excuse like "I didn't want to complicate the governor's efforts to manage the problem...too many cooks in the kitchen and what not."

Cancun Cruz did something worse than simply being lazy. He used his wealth and privilege to do something the vast majority of his constituents cannot afford to do...skip town and pop down to an expensive resort on the beach in Mexico. Then he lied about it only because he got caught. What he did is show a combination of being out of touch with his constituents as well as a callous indifference to their suffering. He's not stupid. He just lacks any sort of empathy, which is something you should have in spades if you're going to take a public service job.

Couldn't he have temporarily moved his family (and pet) to his senatorial digs in Washington (or to the Trump hotel there)? Washington is somewhat related to his job.

Couldn't he have temporarily moved his family (and pet) to his senatorial digs in Washington (or to the Trump hotel there)? Washington is somewhat related to his job.

I seriously considered writing a post on exactly that.

I believe it was in response to something [MENTION=34]Loren Pechtel[/MENTION]; wrote.

Cancun Cruz could have taken his family off to Washington DC, and started working to help Texans from a warm safe Democratic place. But, instead, he jetted off to a Mexican palace. While at the same time, liberal AOC was doing the exact opposite. She left her safe warm digs in Democratic New York to fund raise and awareness raise in cold Republican Texas.

AOC is not my favorite politician. But she did draw a clear bright line between New York liberal Democrats and Texan conservative TeaPartiers.
Tom

I seriously considered writing a post on exactly that.

I believe it was in response to something [MENTION=34]Loren Pechtel[/MENTION]; wrote.

Cancun Cruz could have taken his family off to Washington DC, and started working to help Texans from a warm safe Democratic place. But, instead, he jetted off to a Mexican palace. While at the same time, liberal AOC was doing the exact opposite. She left her safe warm digs in Democratic New York to fund raise and awareness raise in cold Republican Texas.

AOC is not my favorite politician. But she did draw a clear bright line between New York liberal Democrats and Texan conservative TeaPartiers.
Tom

Really liked the below! Which politician below would you like to be your leader?

1645987728863.png

Back
Top Bottom