• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Ted Cruz’s Excellent Adventure

I think this twitter post broke the news. Find anything earlier than that if you can. :)

[TWEET]<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">These were taken at 4:10p today, per this screenshot. The flight was at 4:45p, coming out of Houston. <a href="https://t.co/EWA5iBiUm1">pic.twitter.com/EWA5iBiUm1</a></p>— Keith Edwards (@keithedwards) <a href="https://twitter.com/keithedwards/status/1362245746020474880?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">February 18, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>[/TWEET]

Edit: answer my own challenge.

This one?

https://twitter.com/Juan_Gomez18/status/1362219617997873154

I always screw up tweet times.(I give up).

While Cruz is major-league scum there's not really anything for him to do in Texas. It isn't something you can throw manpower at and fix. What should he do, go make speeches at the pumping facilities? Can he make enough hot air to thaw them?

You think it's appropriate for a public official to throw their hands up in the air and say "well, there's nothing I can do!" during a time of crisis in their state? Wow, ok.

I will only fault someone for not acting when there was something useful they could do. I disagree with doing something just to look like you're not doing nothing--that's counterproductive.

While Cruz is major-league scum there's not really anything for him to do in Texas. It isn't something you can throw manpower at and fix. What should he do, go make speeches at the pumping facilities? Can he make enough hot air to thaw them?

You think it's appropriate for a public official to throw their hands up in the air and say "well, there's nothing I can do!" during a time of crisis in their state? Wow, ok.

I will only fault someone for not acting when there was something useful they could do. I disagree with doing something just to look like you're not doing nothing--that's counterproductive.
You miss the entire point. Mr. Cruz did not have to do anything. But he choose to go to a ritzy resort on vacation in order to flee the situation which reveals how shitty a person he really is.

Sometimes you have to look like you are doing something even in the abject certainty that noting comes of it because it signals that you know and care and are aware.

It was demonstrated by AOC and Beto that he could have done something useful. That he was so unimaginative as to not even think of ways he could help shows the problem.

If he doesn’t want to be a leader he may as well quit and let someone who does have his position.

Remember the outrage when Nancy Pelosi went to Hawaii during a government shutdown? Yeah, me neither. Two sets of rules.

Nancy Pelosi Vacations In Luxurious Hawaiian Resort Amid Government Shutdown

Her state wasn’t in crisis, people were not dying. Great whataboutism and grievance mongering.:thinking:

And according to link she passed the bill and THEN went to Hawaii.

Wow! Comedy gold.

Faced with the Cancun Cruz episode:
where Republican greed is directly responsible for a major crisis in Texas but Republiturd Cruz, unable to think of anything useful to do, flees to a sunny resort. Meanwhile an out-of-state Congresswoman appears on TV raising $5 million for Texas. Texas Republioturds, instead of imitating AOC's response, condemn her for appearing on TV! (Did they think she could raise $5 million going door-to-door with the Girl Scouts selling cookies?) ...

... Trausti, whose Every.Single.Post has to be Whataboutism it seems, segues to the Donald "Me wants me a Wall" Trump veto:
where Republioturds insisted on shutting down the government if it would help them at the border with their policy of separating babies from their mothers. And, in a remarkable loss of self-awareness for Trausti, even his source, the crazed-wing Daily Caller, notes that Pelosi vacationed AFTER Trump's obnoxious "Me wants me a Wall" budget had ALREADY passed the House!

I've been caught here twice already, with rational thinkers pretending to imitate right-wing "thought" just for laughs, but with my thinking they were serious. Is this what Trausti is doing? I'm honestly at a loss. If he IS sincere, how could he miss that his post utterly reeks of self-parody?

A further reason to think Trausti is just pretending to be an unusually stupid right-winger is his "source." Look at where Daily Caller falls in this summary of American media -- it's way down in the "Nonsense damaging to public discourse" box. Surely, whatever he is, he must know that pretending that "source" is usable for facts would be like someone falling for my link to the story "Ted Cruz Deeply Disturbed By Part Of Capitol Riot Video Where Chuck Schumer Not Beaten To Death".

Avatar: The Last Airbender season 4

Avatar Aang, must unite the Water, Earth, Wind & Fire nations against the Republican party AKA reality benders.

A further reason to think Trausti is just pretending to be an unusually stupid right-winger is his "source." Look at where Daily Caller falls in this summary of American media -- it's way down in the "Nonsense damaging to public discourse" box. Surely, whatever he is, he must know that pretending that "source" is usable for facts would be like someone falling for my link to the story "Ted Cruz Deeply Disturbed By Part Of Capitol Riot Video Where Chuck Schumer Not Beaten To Death".

Right wing extremists tend not to adhere to rigorous requirements of logic, ethics or communications. They adopt a signature "we don' need no steenkin' badges!" approach that exempts them from having to seek reliable sources, to draw evidence-based conclusions, or to extrapolate the conclusions of their assertions. Anything that reinforces their visceral feelings is sufficient fodder for their verbal shit-cannons, which is why those shit-cannons are so easily and quickly re-loaded. It's an effective troll tactic, since firing a steady stream of shit at the wall ensures that at any given time, some of it will remain stuck.

It was demonstrated by AOC and Beto that he could have done something useful. That he was so unimaginative as to not even think of ways he could help shows the problem.

If he doesn’t want to be a leader he may as well quit and let someone who does have his position.

She didn't get the power on one second earlier than it otherwise would have.

Um....was she even trying to get power back?
I don't understand. Is this criticism or sarcasm?

So the only way to help was to get the power on earlier? The $5M she raised in charity won’t help anyone? Maybe it’s just a grift, like the Trumps would do.

What amazes me is that he should know so much of politics is about the optics. Is he stupid or just that arrogant?

What amazes me is that he should know so much of politics is about the optics. Is he stupid or just that arrogant?

He's probably going to get re-elected. There is a very stupid explanation as to why he is arrogant.

He's probably going to get re-elected. There is a very stupid explanation as to why he is arrogant.

Think it might have something to do with his constituents?

He'll only be able to keep the constituents who lost power and maybe a loved one if he keeps pushing for (and accomplishes) change in the Texas power issue. Anyone who suffered knows the demand to not go through that shit again and winter will return multiple times before his re-election.

I'm certain it has something to do with his constituents. That's why he doesn't give a flying fuck about optics.

Back
Top Bottom