• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

The Civil War of 2025

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2021/10/14/wisconsin-election-review-gableman-errors/

Oh, don't worry. Trump is saying that Republicans aren't going to vote in 2022 or 2024 because of all the fraud in 2020.:hysterical:

“If we don’t solve the Presidential Election Fraud of 2020,” Trump said in a statement Wednesday urging further reviews of his debunked claims, “Republicans will not be voting in ’22 or ’24. It is the single most important things for Republicans to do.”

That's right Republicans. Don't vote. Your cult leader said it's the most important thing for you to do. :D

( I meant to give the article, but forgot. Sorry about that. )

It's an article about the fools who are still trying to find fraud in several states to prove that Trump won.

Hopefully, these people are too stupid and fucked up to take over the country. Let's hope so and make sure that every decent person votes, and the rest of them listen to their foolish cult leader.

I feel similarly... but to maybe a more radical extent. I have convinced my wife to cancel her blood donation because there is a +90% chance that it will go to an anti-vax trump-supporting moron, as that is the ratio right now in the ICU units in hospitals around the world.

Let Darwinism do its job.

Reactions: WAB
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2021/10/14/wisconsin-election-review-gableman-errors/

Oh, don't worry. Trump is saying that Republicans aren't going to vote in 2022 or 2024 because of all the fraud in 2020.:hysterical:

“If we don’t solve the Presidential Election Fraud of 2020,” Trump said in a statement Wednesday urging further reviews of his debunked claims, “Republicans will not be voting in ’22 or ’24. It is the single most important things for Republicans to do.”

Is this a threat to destroy the Republican Party? Or is it to cover his tracks? Trump's legacy is removing a LOT Of republicans from the field. Either voting as Democrats or being buried in mass graves. That's going to have an impact on voter turnout numbers in the coming years. Is he crafty enough to try to minimize the BIG GLARING DROP in numbers by adding a third possible justification? "Daddy told us not to have our voices counted."?

Or is it just a sop to his ego? If nobody votes, he can always claim that he WOULD have won, if only he had allowed participation. The invisible landslide...

Is this a threat to destroy the Republican Party? Or is it to cover his tracks? Trump's legacy is removing a LOT Of republicans from the field. Either voting as Democrats or being buried in mass graves. That's going to have an impact on voter turnout numbers in the coming years. Is he crafty enough to try to minimize the BIG GLARING DROP in numbers by adding a third possible justification? "Daddy told us not to have our voices counted."?

Or is it just a sop to his ego? If nobody votes, he can always claim that he WOULD have won, if only he had allowed participation. The invisible landslide...

I keep coming back to the highly implausible "long game" Trump is playing as a life-long abortion-celebrating Democrat with rich parents that was never accepted into the Republican-dominated circle of the multi-million dollar families that just thought Trump was "a low-class plated-gold wanna-be jet-setter" that was never taken seriously.
So, the long game is to infiltrate and destroy from the inside.

But then I return to the age-old expression, "do not confuse deviousness with pure incompetence"

Is this a threat to destroy the Republican Party?

No, it is what he says it is; a plea to abstain from voting in order to lend credence to the assertion voiced before, during and after the election, that it was rigged and stolen, and needs to be overturned by the trumpsuckers Republicans have placed in SoS and election overseeing positions. "We have 12 million registered Republicans, and only 4 million voted? Nobody believes that!"

I keep coming back to the highly implausible "long game" Trump is playing as a life-long abortion-celebrating Democrat with rich parents that was never accepted into the Republican-dominated circle of the multi-million dollar families that just thought Trump was "a low-class plated-gold wanna-be jet-setter" that was never taken seriously.
So, the long game is to infiltrate and destroy from the inside.

But then I return to the age-old expression, "do not confuse deviousness with pure incompetence"

Yeah. Low-intellect and grift are the hallmarks of Donald Trump. Just as the Kardashians catapulted to fame after their friend committed a heinous murder, so Ivanka and Jared — mediocre intellects but smarter than Eric and Don Jr. — AND their father became household names after DJT starred in a scripted reality show. (Ivanka and Jared were a true birds-of-a-feather romance: both had daddies who were big-time crooks in New York real estate.

Yes, the parallels between the Kardashians and the Trumps are strong — I view it all as another almost-humorous paradigm in post-rational USA. Comparisons between Trump and Hitler or Mussolini make one laugh: Trump is just a cheap womanizing crook. But the way the GOP has embraced him makes me think he's manipulable. Why not? He spends most of his time farting BigMacs in bed, or playing golf. He ran for Prez in 2016 as a big publicity stunt, he was probably hoping to lose! He's always had Putin's backing, as well as any around the world who want to see the USA fail. (Islamic jihadists, Kim Korea, probably the Chinese Communist Party). He has financial support from the ultra-rich Beast-Starvers with their big PACs. Nearly all of the GOP politicos are his ostensible fans. If the election were held soon, he'd probably win legitimately!! Assuming a Biden Fizzle in 2022 we can expect Congress and state houses to turn Red then, and quite probably a Red White House after 2024.

If Trump is too old, who does QOPAnon* run? Does it matter? They can pick a favorite (Tucker Carlson, MTG, etc.) or some other ilk and perhaps be favored no matter what. If they're smart they'll run Nikki Haley but keep her on a short lease. If Trump-QAnon fever lingers into 2024, American democracy is probably doomed. Let's just hope it serves as a wake-up call for Europe, which might otherwise be following in the USA's footsteps.

* - What is the best term for this weird alliance — Republican Party, Proud Boys, QAnon, Zuckerberg, Kremlin and other foreign autocrats, jihadists and communists? "Kremlin-Trump-QAnon axis" seems too long-winded, and doesn't even acknowledge important support from the Tea and GOP Parties as well as BOTH Sunni and Shi'ite jihadists! So I call it "QOPAnon" for short.

(U.S, Israel and Saudi are in de facto alliance against a Russia-Syria-Shi'ite axis. Saudi's Sunnis want to see Trump in power, mainly for his stupid anti-Iran policies. Shi'ite terrorists, and even pro-Jihad Sunnis, want to see Trump in power for the same reason!)

2021 is almost over. 25% of Americans think Joe Biden is a sex trafficker who's putting spyware in the vaccines. QOP fans are assaulting Americans just for wearing masks!! Time is running out. Truth will be far far stranger than any fiction.

Yes, but what happens if they overturn elections through out right theft? Suppose in 2024, Arizona and Georgia go for Biden again, and he needs them to win. Then their legislatures overturn the will of the people and appoint electors for Trump. What do Dems do? Just roll over and take it? It may not be the Republicans that start the violence, but the Democrats! And rightfully so!

Very few people will turn to violence unless they are extremely desperate or extremely hate-filled. But it is QOPAnon for whom hatred is a key agendum: Democrats are more focused on inclusion and improving living standards. Are the Democrats desperate enough to turn to violence? Some are, but for most Dems — even ones with extremist views — politics is almost a "hobby" (as is discussed in another thread). Those on the left who do resort to violence will be met by greater fire-power from the right and from law enforcement: police and military, at least at the lower ranks, tend to be allied with the right.

One hears much whingeing from the right about violence from Antifa, violence by blacks, and violence by a tiny number of American Muslims. But in fact statistics show that the vast majority of political violence in the U.S. is now committed by right-wingers. Even random "non-political" violence is often committed by redneck Christians likely to be allied with the right. (Are there polls available showing political views of gun-owners compared with non-owners? I'll guess that right-wing views strongly predominate, especially among owners of assault weapons and other non-hobby guns.)

It may be quite hard to foresee how this great American schism will play out. But I'd be surprised if it isn't the R's who start the violence. (Indeed some are already violent.) If D's resist with violence, expect to see D's slaughtered.

Yes, but what happens if they overturn elections through out right theft? Suppose in 2024, Arizona and Georgia go for Biden again, and he needs them to win. Then their legislatures overturn the will of the people and appoint electors for Trump. What do Dems do? Just roll over and take it? It may not be the Republicans that start the violence, but the Democrats! And rightfully so!

Very few people will turn to violence unless they are extremely desperate or extremely hate-filled. But it is QOPAnon for whom hatred is a key agendum: Democrats are more focused on inclusion and improving living standards. Are the Democrats desperate enough to turn to violence? Some are, but for most Dems — even ones with extremist views — politics is almost a "hobby" (as is discussed in another thread). Those on the left who do resort to violence will be met by greater fire-power from the right and from law enforcement: police and military, at least at the lower ranks, tend to be allied with the right.

One hears much whingeing from the right about violence from Antifa, violence by blacks, and violence by a tiny number of American Muslims. But in fact statistics show that the vast majority of political violence in the U.S. is now committed by right-wingers. Even random "non-political" violence is often committed by redneck Christians likely to be allied with the right. (Are there polls available showing political views of gun-owners compared with non-owners? I'll guess that right-wing views strongly predominate, especially among owners of assault weapons and other non-hobby guns.)

It may be quite hard to foresee how this great American schism will play out. But I'd be surprised if it isn't the R's who start the violence. (Indeed some are already violent.) If D's resist with violence, expect to see D's slaughtered.

And so our great experiment in Democracy simply ends. No civil war. I don’t think so.

That's not entirely accurate.

There are a LOT of serious people to the left who understand armed conflict quite well, and far better than those on the right.

The difference is, those on the left who are armed against such likely conflict keep their mouths shut, their heads down, and off of watch-lists. I know folks across the country tracking and documenting the local Y'all-Qaeda chapters, their meeting schedules, their members.

If you are concerned, start tracking and documenting your local Y'all-Qaeda chapter, buy a few rifles, and buy a few cans of rounds.

I expect the R's to start the violence, and the result of such a grab to be predictable and miserable for them.

Non-military and paramilitary forces are not really relevant to a civil war in any nation with a powerful regular military force, and the US has one of the most powerful regular militaries in history.

Neither right wing nor left wing second amendment enthusiasts can make a serious stand against the US Army, so the only way to get a civil war (as opposed to a campaign of terrorism with isolated acts of violence) would be for the army to split its loyalties.

There's a reason why the leaders of many revolutions are Colonels or Generals; An army officer (or group of officers) with command of a significant fraction of the military, needs to decide to support the anti-government forces (and to retain the loyalty of his subordinates when he does so), or there can be no civil war.

The only way I see that happening in the US would be to have a group of senior officers who are completely convinced that the government has already been unconstitutionally subverted. If a bunch of redneck yahoos with ARs think Biden (or his successor) has stolen Trump's rightful presidency, then they can make a criminal nuisance of themselves, but any 'civil war' exists only in their heads. But if a cabal of officers in command of a worthwhile fraction of the military buy into the claim that Trump has been robbed, then that's a very different and very dangerous thing.

So far I have seen little evidence from the Pentagon of high ranking officers who do not recognise the legitimacy of the electoral process that led to Biden's inauguration. If that were to change, then only at that stage would the risk move from one of hightened terrorism threat, to one of a danger of civil war.

The 'militias' cannot go toe to toe with the cops, much less the army. They'd be crushed like bugs.

The Provisional IRA thought that they could stand up to the British Army in the 1970s. They were far better organised, disciplined, and cohesive than any extant US 'militia', and they got their arses kicked, and very quickly went back to sporadic terrorist attacks. No amount of arms, ammunition, and local knowledge can substitute for organisation, discipline, training, cohesion, and effective and robust logistics and command structures.

Agreed. I think the right wing people honestly believe that they have the military in the bag agreeing with them and ready for takeover. I don’t think they have anything close to that.

It's no longer a question of Whether there will be Civil War in the U.S. It's a question of When. The thread title speaks of 2025, but the opening shots in this war are being fired in 2022. By 2025 the War may be over, with elections stolen, sometimes with violence, and the GOP in complete control of the federal government. Millions in the Republican rank-and-file are now openly calling for war. A large majority of GOP Congresspeople implicitly supported the 6 Jan '21 coup attempt. The few who opposed it and are up for re-election were almost all either booted out of office by GOP voters in primary elections, or retired to avoid that outcome.

The fervor has taken hold in local elections:
Randy Meppelink was an incumbent Republican County Commissioner running for re-election. But he is not right-wing enough and received 400 hate-filled emails per day beginning in mid 2001 and continuing until the election two weeks ago.
At first, the hate mail compared Randy Meppelink to Adolf Hitler and told him to go to hell.

Then it got worse, Meppelink said.

In the following months, in fall 2021, emails addressed to the second-term Ottawa County commissioner escalated into death threats for him and his wife, Meppelink said.
He was defeated by a 3-to-1 margin by Joe Moss who campaigned on sound-bites like "Life begins at conception." and "No woke indoctrination."

GOP officials at the top levels are calling to resist federal power:

Rep. Paul Gosar: “I will support a complete dismantling and elimination of the democrat brown shirts known as the FBI. This is too much for our republic to withstand @charliekirk11 @JackPosobiec @kelliwardaz @KariLake @andybiggs4az @GOPLeader @DonaldJTrumpJr.”

Anthony Sabatini, a Florida state representative and candidate for Congress, was prepared to dismantle the whole federal structure: “It’s time for us in the Florida Legislature to call an emergency legislative session & amend our laws regarding federal agencies. Sever all ties with DOJ immediately. Any FBI agent conducting law enforcement functions outside the purview of our State should be arrested upon sight.”

Some GOP Senators are calling for "at a minimum" the impeachment of General Garland, whose sin was executing a search warrant against the head of a major crime family suspected of espionage and treason.

Predictions give the GOP a 77% chance of gaining control of the House of Representatives this November without even resorting to violence or cheating. (Since they've said in so many words that they WILL cheat or incite their bullies to violence if necessary, the actual chance is closer to 90%.) That will make Kevin McCarthy one of the two most powerful men in Washington, DC. He has announced that the plan will be to bring Biden's government to a standstill while the GOP pursues a vendetta against Garland:
@GOPLeader said:
I’ve seen enough. The Department of Justice has reached an intolerable state of weaponized politicization. When Republicans take back the House, we will conduct immediate oversight of this department, follow the facts, and leave no stone unturned.

Attorney General Garland, preserve your documents and clear your calendar.

And this despicable rhetoric gets shriller and shriller despite the obvious dangers. Deluded Americans have already attacked FBI offices with weapons, and are planning better organized attacks. Yet Republican politicians continue to incite such crimes, either wanting civil war, or viewing it as a minor side-effect of their pursuit of greed and power.

The Atlantic said:
The Gateway Pundit, a pro-Trump outlet, wrote “This. Means. War”—which was “quickly amplified by a Telegram account connected to Stephen K. Bannon, Mr. Trump’s onetime political adviser,” according to The New York Times. Bannon called the FBI “the Gestapo” and said, “We need to choke down the FBI and choke down the Justice Department.” Another former Trump adviser, Michael Caputo, said, “With this militant raid on President Trump’s home, we have become Russia. The FBI is the KGB.” And Fox’s Dan Bongino called the FBI’s action “some third-world bullshit.”

Dinesh D’Souza, a right-wing provocateur who received a pardon from Trump for campaign-finance violations, said, “The FBI, an organization set up to fight organized crime, has become the most powerful organized crime syndicate in the world. We now need to carry the fight against organized crime to its logical conclusion: Shut down the FBI and prosecute this gang of dangerous criminals.”
. . .
Bannon, busily making the rounds, told the conspiracist Alex Jones, “I do not think it’s beyond this administrative state and their deep-state apparatus to actually try to work on the assassination of President Trump.” This charge was echoed by former New York City Police Commissioner Bernard Kerik, who said he is worried Democrats might try to assassinate Donald Trump. “I’m gonna tell you something: I’m not into conspiracies; I’m not into anti-government rhetoric,” Kerik said. “This is the first time in my lifetime that I would say I am deathly afraid for Donald Trump. I would not put assassination behind these people.”

Kari Lake, running for governor in Arizona, called the FBI’s search of Trump’s home “one of the darkest days in American history: the day our government, originally created by the people, turned against us.” She added, “This illegitimate, corrupt regime hates America and has weaponized the entirety of the federal government to take down President Donald Trump.”

With this kind of rhetoric, the DoJ will not dare to arrest Trump, no matter how guilty they can prove him to be. But leaving Trump and other right-wing criminals alone will not quell the calls for violence.

As right-wing hatreds continue to rise, expect anyone who is not a White Christian to be targetted in some right-leaning communities. They will be harassed; house-burnings are likely. Many police departments in the country have already made clear that they will take the side of White supremacists. When blacks or immigrants try to fight back, armed Trumpists (probably supported by police) will march through urban ghettos firing indiscriminately and claiming "self-defense." Trumpists will use force to prevent Democratic-majority precincts from voting, and to destroy businesses owned by Democratic-leaning businessmen.

We won't see large set-piece battles as in the First American Civil War. The Second Civil War will resemble the massacres we saw 100 years ago, e.g. in Tulsa, but will spread across the entire country.

Non-military and paramilitary forces are not really relevant to a civil war in any nation with a powerful regular military force, and the US has one of the most powerful regular militaries in history.

Neither right wing nor left wing second amendment enthusiasts can make a serious stand against the US Army, so the only way to get a civil war (as opposed to a campaign of terrorism with isolated acts of violence) would be for the army to split its loyalties.

There's a reason why the leaders of many revolutions are Colonels or Generals; An army officer (or group of officers) with command of a significant fraction of the military, needs to decide to support the anti-government forces (and to retain the loyalty of his subordinates when he does so), or there can be no civil war.

The only way I see that happening in the US would be to have a group of senior officers who are completely convinced that the government has already been unconstitutionally subverted. If a bunch of redneck yahoos with ARs think Biden (or his successor) has stolen Trump's rightful presidency, then they can make a criminal nuisance of themselves, but any 'civil war' exists only in their heads. But if a cabal of officers in command of a worthwhile fraction of the military buy into the claim that Trump has been robbed, then that's a very different and very dangerous thing.

Even if officers and soldiers remain loyal to the Constitution — a big If — the U.S. Army is not equipped to fight the sort of terroristic and urban warfare we may expect. Look at how badly they fared in Afghanistan; can you expect them to do better in the U.S.A.?

Predictions give the GOP a 77% chance of gaining control of the House of Representatives this November without even resorting to violence or cheating.
Because Dems don't bother voting.

If all the Dem/lean Dem, eligible, voters went to the polls things would be very different. But they don't.
Tom

we can expect more of these militia guys -- the kind who work construction during the week or live in mama's basement -- to do their skullduggery

Pfft. Expect them to to do what exactly? Terrorize people just for the sake of terrorizing people?
Before they can get away with abducting and murdering governors, they’ll need the protection of the federal and State governments - assuming they still want to show up on the construction site the next day. If they have that protection, the rule of law is already over and done, so their acts are of little or no consequence.
I’m not trying to minimize the danger of RW stupidity. It’s just hard to picture what a “full scale” civil war would look like without physical battle lines.

The most likely scenario is that the GOP will continue to expand its political power without excessive violence, taking the House this year, controlling the federal government by 2025, and appeasing the masses by legalizing some drugs and subsidizing others. Violence and racism will increase, especially during the transition, but not inordinately. Attention will focus on non-political problems like water shortages. Blue-state governors will object to many measures (e.g. national anti-abortion laws) but will be held in check by selective federal taxes. Discouraged of politics, Americans will become complacent like the Chinese or other people under authoritarian rule.

This likely scenario is also perhaps the most optimistic of all realistic scenarios. Many moderate Republicans may understand this; that may be why they're joining the Trumpists. But this "optimistic" outcome is uncertain, and even if Trumpism is America's future, there may be violence getting there. We can expect violence if the Dept. of Justice starts arresting top Trumpist criminals; the question is How much violence?

Although only about 2000 Trumpists illegally entered the Capitol Building on January 6th, it is estimated that the Trumpist crowds totaled about 100,000 people that day. That's larger than the Army that Sherman marched through Georgia. Millions of Republican gun owners have said that violence may be justified to reverse elections. The threat is real.

How much killing need there be to "earn" the title of "Civil War"? The Second American Civil War is very unlikely to have the death toll of the First Civil War (over 5% of population killed), let alone the Rwandan Genocide (over 10% of population killed) but it will scar the U.S. for generations to come. Rwanda offers a better model than Lincoln's War for how it will play out. Blue-state governors will call out the National Guard to protect urban centers, but instead of attempting set-piece battles, the marauding killers will seek targets of opportunity in communities they already control.

A big problem in a War like Rwanda's is identifying the "enemy." The Hutu killers in Rwanda had to ask "He has a long neck: Is he Tutsi?" The insurrectionists will remember which of their neighbors had Biden signs on their lawn. The Bidenites will be harassed and have their houses vandalized weeks or days before the wholesale killings begin. Some will refuse to flee, thinking "it can't happen here."

But the Trumpist mobs will mostly target blacks and obvious "foreigners", e.g. Muslims. Not only will these victims be easy to identify — and overwhelmingly vote for "Bidenist Fascism" — but white Bidenists will offer less resistance if they are not personally targeted.

we can expect more of these militia guys -- the kind who work construction during the week or live in mama's basement -- to do their skullduggery

Pfft. Expect them to to do what exactly? Terrorize people just for the sake of terrorizing people?
Before they can get away with abducting and murdering governors, they’ll need the protection of the federal and State governments - assuming they still want to show up on the construction site the next day. If they have that protection, the rule of law is already over and done, so their acts are of little or no consequence.
I’m not trying to minimize the danger of RW stupidity. It’s just hard to picture what a “full scale” civil war would look like without physical battle lines.

Consider the Tulsa Massacre of 1921, where white lynch mobs operated with the help of city officials. Do you think such a thing cannot happen again? Now amplify that by Internet and right-wing media so that violence breaks out in communities all across the country. Trump will declare the rioting to be a "false flag" operated by Antifa and every right-wing Tom, Dick and Kyle Rittenhouse will march out to "protect" white people.

Of course I hope that this Civil War does not come. But the best way to prevent it — hoping for the Trumpists to gain control of the country through elections rather than violence — is not an approach I would encourage.

Consider the Tulsa Massacre of 1921, where white lynch mobs operated with the help of city officials. Do you think such a thing cannot happen again?
Yes I do think that such a thing cannot happen again. The deep state libr’ruls are not concentrated in one part of one town like the objects of the Tulsa massacre, they have cleverly intermingled themselves with Murkin patriots. You can’t just burn ‘em out and hang the stragglers. Sure, some are given away by their skin color, but you can’t often get enough of ‘em at once to make a real difference.

Last edited:
Consider the Tulsa Massacre of 1921, where white lynch mobs operated with the help of city officials. Do you think such a thing cannot happen again?
Yes I do think that such a thing cannot happen again. The deep state libr’ruls are not concentrated in one part of one town like the objects of the Tulsa massacre, they have cleverly intermingled themselves with Murkin patriots. You can’t just burn ‘em out and hang the stragglers. Sure, some are given away by their skin color, but you can’t often get enough of ‘em at once to make a real difference.
If your enemies aren't concentrated enough yet, you concentrate them, in neighbourhoods, then in ghettos, then in concentration camps.

Indeed, once you start vandalising their properties and businesses, they will tend to concentrate themselves so as not to become victims.

This stuff was perfected almost a century ago. It worked for Franco, it worked for Mussolini, it worked for Hitler. Fascists aren't new. Their tactics aren't new. They don't really need new tactics - because the old ones are very effective.

This stuff was perfected almost a century ago. It worked for Franco, it worked for Mussolini, it worked for Hitler. Fascists aren't new. Their tactics aren't new. They don't really need new tactics - because the old ones are very effective.
Over the short-term. Fascist states seldom thrive for long.

Over the short-term. Fascist states seldom thrive for long.
Franco was in power until 1975, so I guess that depends what you consider 'short-term'.

None of the fascists I listed were ousted by their domestic enemies/victims, except perhaps Mussolini, whose domestic opposition had considerable assistance in his demise from the military efforts of the Allied powers.

Back
Top Bottom