• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

The End of the Donald Trump candidacy.

People are already voting in some states. Early vote tends to favor Democrats, but any votes that are already cast are locked in regardless of what happens between now & when the polls close. I think Trump has probably lost this one, but I don't think people who are left of center should consider it over until the polls close.

It all depends on whether Trump supporters are motivated enough to get off their bar stools on election day.

People are already voting in some states. Early vote tends to favor Democrats, but any votes that are already cast are locked in regardless of what happens between now & when the polls close. I think Trump has probably lost this one, but I don't think people who are left of center should consider it over until the polls close.

It all depends on whether Trump supporters are motivated enough to get off their bar stools on election day.

I agree, this applies to both candidates. Both Trump & Clinton voters can and are voting right now in some states.

I agree, this applies to both candidates. Both Trump & Clinton voters can and are voting right now in some states.

Based on the feedback from early voting, it looks like you're half right here.

Donald Trump cancels "Hannity" interview

http://money.cnn.com/2016/10/13/media/donald-trump-media-strategy/index.html

Cancels on Hannity and closing their Virginia HQ. The Trumpettes must be coming to the realization this campaign is an EPIC FAIL.

That's surprising because he just did a rally speech where he was full bore Trump, saying everyone is in a conspiracy against him, the Clinton media machine, they have no ethics, the GOP establishment, his accusers who are liars who have it in for him and his family, he will sue everyone and take down the failing NY Times, and only he can save the planet from disaster, and he is going to win because you can't believe the polls except for Rasmussen. Don't see why he would back out from a friendly interview where he will be free to say the same lines.

Based on the feedback from early voting, it looks like you're half right here.

Yeah, in my previous post I noted that early voting favors HRC (Democrats). Hopefully HRC's voters will be sufficiently motivated to win the election.

Amazing, isn't it? All those negatives for Trump, and Hillary is still barely beating him in polls. She is THAT bad.... let that sink in. She is THAT bad.

Amazing, isn't it? All those negatives for Trump, and Hillary is still barely beating him in polls. She is THAT bad.... let that sink in. She is THAT bad.

Barely beating him? Are you paying any attention at all? She is giving him a historic drubbing.

No no, critics of President Clinton will claim that she's a bad President because she beat Donald Trump by "only" umpety points. Anything less than 100% will be seen as a failing on her part.

Hillary's advantage in this race to the bottom is her past 20 years of being the right's boogiewoman. Trump's past is just starting to be explored. Hillary can plod along and stay where she is. Every day for Trump is a new revelation, another dumpster fire, another train wreck.

No one can accuse the GOP of having a long range strategy. Hillary's nomination in 2016 has been a given for the past 8 years. They've had that long to prepare to meet her, and they send out Donald Trump as their champion.

In what universe does that make sense?

You're looking at it backwards. Trump is so bad, that Hillary is winning.

you're both looking at it wrong: the candidates are irrelevant, presidential races in the US are ideological clashes that simply use mascots to represent their respective sides.

also i continue to find this whole "hillary is so bad" meme to be hilarious, since she's no better or worse than basically any other politician (except maybe obama who was new enough to the scene to be pretty free from the stink of a decades long political career) with some good points and some bad points and positives in her history and some negatives in her history and is generally a governmental insider who is part of the existing process.
it's like if everyone just up and decided to absolutely fucking despise bryant gumbel - reading all the attempts at justifying it reads like a soap opera script, it's hard to believe people are so impossibly stupid that they take any of this shit seriously.

Trump should have been D.O.A. It is ridiculous that he won the Republican nomination. Shows the Republican party to be FUBAR. And it is also ridiculous that he's even a factor against Hillary. Shows how horrible she is. Many would apparently rather vote for a poop slinging orangutan before they'd vote for Hillary. She is THAT bad. Hillarious that these are your choices, considering the USA is supposed to be a "shining beacon on the hill". The rest of the world is laughing very hard at you right now.

Am I the only one who quite likes Hillary and thinks that she'll be a competent and effective President?

I think I'm the only one.

^ Best thing I can say about Hillary, is I thought she was kinda hot when she was first lady.

As far as competence... She's competent to enrich herself. She's not competent to improve a country. She's a sell out to the banks, and she's more of a hawk than Trump is... which is more than a little disturbing.

Am I the only one who quite likes Hillary and thinks that she'll be a competent and effective President?

i don't LIKE her, there's a lot about her policies and stated positions on things that i find very concerning from someone in a position of power and which stops me from being excited about the idea of her being president, but yes absolutely she'll be competent and effective as president - she's got a proven track record to be a perfectly fine politician within the US system and while not an awesome standard-bearer for liberal and progressive interests she's a reasonably tolerable centrist democrat who would be on the right side of the long-term issues like supreme court nominations or long term policy strategy.

it's kinda funny, reminds me of a thing i've been saying about this election cycle:
i get being a trump supporter, since trump is the physical manifestation of the US conservative id and is just saying everything they've been thinking so i understand people finding him awesome, but i don't get voting for him since JFC c'mon.
and i get voting for clinton, since she's a respectable career politician who is competent and effective at the job, but there's nothing special about her to get invested in so i don't get supporting her.

I'm with you and so is the rest of the world .(at least those that arent against female presidents)

US are really making a fool of itself.

i don't LIKE her, there's a lot about her policies and stated positions on things that i find very concerning from someone in a position of power and which stops me from being excited about the idea of her being president, but yes absolutely she'll be competent and effective as president - she's got a proven track record to be a perfectly fine politician within the US system and while not an awesome standard-bearer for liberal and progressive interests she's a reasonably tolerable centrist democrat who would be on the right side of the long-term issues like supreme court nominations or long term policy strategy.

it's kinda funny, reminds me of a thing i've been saying about this election cycle:
i get being a trump supporter, since trump is the physical manifestation of the US conservative id and is just saying everything they've been thinking so i understand people finding him awesome, but i don't get voting for him since JFC c'mon.
and i get voting for clinton, since she's a respectable career politician who is competent and effective at the job, but there's nothing special about her to get invested in so i don't get supporting her.

Well ya, she's clearly not going to be a great President and a hundred years from now, Democrats aren't going to be finding a way to work "We're the party of Hillary Clinton" into every conversation, but she'll work hard and get a lot done and her policies and priorities will move the US in the right direction on a large number of issues.

I can understand not being overly inspired by her, but the abject hatred of her just strikes me as kind of daft and the more I look into the reasoning behind that hatred, the more daft it seems. I mean, it would be nice if you could elect a Sanders with a congress of Sanders clones, but you can't and a Clinton presidency is something to vaguely look forward to, not something to be overly passionate about one way or the other.

Back
Top Bottom