• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

The hush money indictment

Had Trump paid by pulling out his wallet and just paying her, there'd be no legal problems at all.
Had Trump done that he would have lost the 2016 election and the world would be a much different place.

Sure. But when the prosecutor says “sure. We can wait a little longer to look through more documents” he might need to worry. It’s not likely that more documents will weaken the prosecution’s case.
That's fine.

But what about the next delay, and the next delay?
Actually, having learned more about this I don’t see it as necessarily advantageous to the prosecution and indeed he has managed another delay to his advantage.

Had Trump paid by pulling out his wallet and just paying her, there'd be no legal problems at all.
Had Trump done that he would have lost the 2016 election and the world would be a much different place.

How do you figure? Either way, the public in 2016 would have known nothing about Stormy's dalliance with the Psychopath (except for one pre-hush-money 2011 allegation?).

How do you figure? Either way, the public in 2016 would have known nothing about Stormy's dalliance with the Psychopath (except for one pre-hush-money 2011 allegation?).
You must be old.
It freaked me out too, but it turned out that Trump's "charm" was partially based on his multiple philandering and "grab 'em by the pussy" attitude. Even amongst Christians.

I still don't think it would have made a definitive difference, but yeah. It was weird.
Tom

Campaign finances are supposedly transparent. Paying stormy directly would have come to light. (I think)

Even amongst Christians.
Especially among Christians. Their chosen lifestyle makes them miserable, they like fantasizing about how life would be as a high-powered executive no one can say no to, but who loses nothing socially for his behavior.

Even amongst Christians.
Especially among Christians. Their chosen lifestyle makes them miserable, they like fantasizing about how life would be as a high-powered executive no one can say no to, but who loses nothing socially for his behavior.
Freakish levels of hypocrisy, but it's all right out there in front of God and everybody.

Do unto others before they do unto you.

Fuck the poor and the least.

The list is just endless.
Tom

fantasizing about how life would be as a high-powered executive
That clears up a lot of confusion I've experienced lately about Manbaby's allure with this group. The god is a rich, reality TV asshole. Being a religious hypocrite is probably a drag but who needs to bring in such low expectations.

Trump's trial in New York hush money case delayed until April : NPR
A judge in New York has delayed former President Donald Trump's criminal trial there until mid-April to allow Trump's review of new records that could be related to the case.

District Attorney Alvin Bragg's legal team said in a court filing on Thursday that it would not oppose a 30-day delay to give Trump's team time to review 31,000 records recently provided by the U.S. Attorney's Office.
What's the trial about?
Trump faces a 34-count felony indictment alleging that he falsified New York business records in order to conceal damaging information ahead of the 2016 presidential election. Trump has pleaded not guilty to all counts.
Like his payments of "hush money" to Stormy Daniels, who threatened to expose him as having had a love affair with her. Payments that involved falsified business records.
The fact of the payments and the false records isn't in dispute. What Bragg is trying to prove is that Trump made them in order to further other crimes, such as violating campaign finance law and mischaracterizing the payments for tax purposes.

The trial, once it begins, is expected to last about six weeks. Trump has vowed to continue campaigning during that time.
Trump's lawyers wanted 90 days. Adding 30 days to March 25 gives April 24.

Manhattan DA says no additional delay needed in Trump hush money criminal trial, blasts ‘grab-bag of meritless’ filings

Manhattan prosecutors say fewer than 270 documents recently turned over to Donald Trump by federal authorities are new and relevant to the criminal case involving hush money payments and no further delay to the trial is warranted.

Prosecutors with the Manhattan district attorney’s office also told the judge that no sanctions were warranted and placed the blame on Trump’s lawyers for the late disclosure of records from the US attorney’s office for the Southern District of New York.

Trump asked Judge Juan Merchan to dismiss the indictment and delay the trial for 90 days, alleging prosecutors withheld information from them involving the federal prosecution of Michael Cohen, Trump’s former fixer and a key witness for the state.

In a series of filings Thursday, the district attorney’s office accused Trump’s lawyers of trying to allege a “grab-bag of meritless discovery arguments in the latest of a long series of attempts to evade responsibility for the conduct charged in the indictment.”

It seems like the other cases might be delayed infinitely (especially with Trump's Cannon power, down south.) So we might have to settle for this one, the absolute easiest one for righties and some independents to dismiss as trivial. (Not that it is, just that it doesn't get to the heart of Trump's slimy treasonous conduct like the charges based on what he did after losing in 11/20.)
Still, I would give a month's pension if Stormy would get on the stand, ask if she could identify Trump, and then describe him by his "smaller than average" johnson with its fat mushroom head. Looking straight at Der Donald. Goddamn. That would almost make up for the Trump Administration. ("Keep the camera on Trump, Joe. If he starts to move, follow him....He's getting up. Cameras one, two, three, stay on him!")

Trump's hush money case has new April 15 trial date | AP News
That's 3 weeks from now. Let's hope that that sticks.
The trial, initially set for Monday, had been in limbo after a last-minute document dump caused a postponement of the original date. In setting jury selection for April 15, Merchan bristled at what he suggested were baseless defense claims of “prosecutorial misconduct,” unpersuaded by Trump team suggestions that prosecutors had until recently concealed tens of thousands of pages of records from a federal probe covering the same issues.

Prosecutors said only a handful of those newly released records were relevant to the case, while defense lawyers contended that thousands of pages are potentially important and require a painstaking review. Merchan, who earlier this month postponed the trial until at least mid-April, told defense lawyers that they should have acted much sooner if they believed they didn’t have all the records they felt they were entitled to.

Donald J. Trump @realDonald Trump

Judge Juan Merchan, who is suffering from an acute case of Trump Derangement Syndrome (whose daughter represents Crooked Joe Biden, Kamala Harris, Adam "Shifty" Schiff, and other Radical Liberals, has just posted a picture of me behind bars, her obvious goal, and makes it completely impossible for me to get a fair trial) has now issued another illegal, un-American, unConstitutional "order," as he continues to try and take away my Rights. This Judge, by issuing a vicious "Gag Order," is wrongfully attempting to deprive me of my First Amendment Right to speak out against the Weaponization of Law Enforcement, including the fact that Crooked Joe Biden, Merrick Garland, and their Hacks and Thugs are tracking and following me all across the Country, obsessively trying to persecute me, while everyone knows I have done nothing wrong!
823 ReTruths
2.4k Likes
3/27/24, 9:31 AM
😭

Federal judge warns of Trump’s attacks in extraordinary rebuke

A sitting federal judge on Thursday harshly criticized Donald Trump’s attacks on the judge overseeing the former president’s criminal case tied to alleged hush money payments, telling CNN that such statements threaten the viability of the American legal system.

US District Judge Reggie Walton spoke with CNN’s Kaitlan Collins on “The Source” in the wake of Trump’s attacks on Judge Juan Merchan, which helped prompt the New York judge to issue a gag order on the former president earlier this week. It is unusual for federal judges to speak publicly, especially about specific political or legal situations.

“It’s very disconcerting to have someone making comments about a judge, and it’s particularly problematic when those comments are in the form of a threat, especially if they’re directed at one’s family,” said Walton, who has also faced threats, as has his daughter. “We do these jobs because we’re committed to the rule of law and we believe in the rule of law, and the rule of law can only function effectively when we have judges who are prepared to carry out their duties without the threat of potential physical harm.”
I think he may be want to get thrown in jail for contempt. Can you imagine how much money and support it would bring to him?

I think he may be want to get thrown in jail for contempt. Can you imagine how much money and support it would bring to him?
What if they just threw him in a holding cell for say, 3-4 hours while they "processed" him - like they would do for a drunk who was acting disorderly after disturbing the peace? Asking for MORE money because of that would make him look like a crybaby.

Back
Top Bottom