• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

The incredible Willful Ignorance of 1/6 denyers

What should be equally bothersome to you is there obviously exist a complete lack of representation for so many pissed off people.
Do pissed off people vote? I guess it isn't considered democracy unless I win.
When the government is basically working for all the people, then the outcome of the vote is not so important. For example, Ross Perot was more or less the populist figure represented in the 1980's. But when Perot lost, his base who lost still trusted government could function on their behalf because (at that time) our government was not quite so fucked up yet. Today there is complete lack of trust of both parties and (like it not) Trump was the only viable way to fix those issues.
So you believe voting and democracy should be replaced with what?

Today there is complete lack of trust of both parties and (like it not) Trump was the only viable way to fix those issues.

In 2016 the American people clearly voted for Clinton.
In 2020 the American people clearly voted for Biden.

Trump has never been a way to fix any problems.
Overruling the American electorate hasn't worked out either, in my lifetime. But the EC has done that.
Tom

Can't, the party of the GOP seems quite content on eliminating taxes for corporations and the wealthy, making us proles have to work till we die, and forcing newly pregnant women to have to give birth. The GOP has two sides, bat shit insane and religious radicals. They don't care about us.
Trump is not the GOP though, they really don't like him either. Its about the only thing McConnel agrees with Schumer on is they both wish Trump was gone.

Trump is not the GOP though, they really don't like him either.
Trump has tried to topple the U.S. government.
Find me a congressman or senator who identifies as Republican and will publicly call for holding Trump accountable for his role in J6.

Publicly,
not the Carlson thing where you say one thing in public and the opposite in private.

Show me a Republican, in office, trying to uphold fundamental American values and institutions.
Tom

What should be equally bothersome to you is there obviously exist a complete lack of representation for so many pissed off people.
Do pissed off people vote? I guess it isn't considered democracy unless I win.
When the government is basically working for all the people, then the outcome of the vote is not so important. For example, Ross Perot was more or less the populist figure represented in the 1980's. But when Perot lost, his base who lost still trusted government could function on their behalf because (at that time) our government was not quite so fucked up yet. Today there is complete lack of trust of both parties and (like it not) Trump was the only viable way to fix those issues.
So you believe voting and democracy should be replaced with what?
Voting and democracy should both be restored and not replaced.

We no longer have fair voting because we still use electronic machines with no paper trail which can be easily hacked. And we no longer have democracy because most of the population is no longer represented by our government. For example, if we had democracy we would have national healthcare like most other western democracies and we would also be in far less fake wars that have little to do with the average person.

Find me a congressman or senator who identifies as Republican and will publicly call for holding Trump accountable for his role in J6.

Publicly,
not the Carlson thing where you say one thing in public and the opposite in private.

Show me a Republican, in office, trying to uphold fundamental American values and institutions.
Tom
Cheeny and Romney

Publicly,

Tom
Cheeny and Romney
There I believe are 4 times more than that, which is still less than 10... out of nearly 300. Of which the majority of those GOP'ers in the House voted to up end the 2020 election.

We voted in 2020, democratically elected a President and your side threw a shit fit - and they’re STILL throwing a shit fit.
Republicans saying “restore democracy” mean
“We lost and I can’t get over it!”
They want to install their orange idol, they do not want democracy.

Publicly,

Tom
But there are many on the other side who would say the democrats attempted to topple the executive branch with investigations and impeachments, lacking merit but causing undue interference to an elected POTUS.

And if you believe those things happened, a huge lack of trust in the government will obviously be the result.

We voted in 2020, democratically elected a President and your side threw a shit fit - and they’re STILL throwing a shit fit.
Republicans saying “restore democracy” mean
“We lost and I can’t get over it!”
For six years Dems said Trump was illegitimate because of the Russia hoax. Look in a mirror, dude.

Cheeny and Romney
Didn't Cheney get primaried?

Isn't Romney hold out from a bygone era, when Republicans had principles, integrity, and supported Obamacare?

Gimme a break. People like that are regularly pilloried as "RINO".
They are endangered species, near extinct, long replaced by the Hawley, MTG, McConnell, Trump sucking fascist people who are the Real Republicans of today.
Tom

six years Dems said Trump was illegitimate because of the Russia hoax. Look in a mirror, dude.
Speak for yourself.
I considered Trump illegitimate because I'm an American.
And we voted for Clinton.
Tom

But there are many on the other side who would say the democrats attempted to topple the executive branch with investigations and impeachments, lacking merit but causing undue interference to an elected POTUS.

And if you believe those things happened, a huge lack of trust in the government will obviously be the result.
Bullshit.

Nobody tried to topple the criminal in office. Just point out that he is a criminal.
Tom

Can't, the party of the GOP seems quite content on eliminating taxes for corporations and the wealthy, making us proles have to work till we die, and forcing newly pregnant women to have to give birth. The GOP has two sides, bat shit insane and religious radicals. They don't care about us.
Trump is not the GOP though, they really don't like him either. Its about the only thing McConnel agrees with Schumer on is they both wish Trump was gone.
McConnell has had multiple chances to lead the GOP to ridding themselves of Trump. He has chosen not to, so I'm not sure I agree with your assessment here. McConnell is just looking for an easy way out but can't find it.

I find it incredible that anyone in the US who has any interest in the preservation of American democracy, has remained ignorant of the FACT of Donald Trump’s coup attempt. I don’t want to discuss specific posters’ willful ignorance, but rather the dynamic that enables it to persist in the face of clear, undeniable truth.

Elixir said:
willfully ignorant poster said:
Organization and intent are necessary for it to qualify as a coup attempt though.

You did not watch - or didn’t understand -the hearings where intent and organization were demonstrated.
Your ignorance, however deep, is insufficient to dispel the facts.

This exchange is bothersome. The unidentified poster considers themself rational and informed. I am mystified.
How does this persist, and what if anything can or should be done about it?
“You can lead a whore to culture but you can’t make her think”
- Mae West(?)
They have no representation? They literally attacked the building where their elected REPRESENTATIVES were working. Said representatives were finalizing the results of a free and fair election that the people in the mob participated in (presumably), and some of the people they tried to harm are their own representatives.

They were pissed off because their guy lost, but that doesn't justify the attack.

"What!!! Our side lost!"

So? Get over it.

While Trump was lying about a stolen election, he was having his sheep donate money to the cause to Save The Election*.

* - virtually none of the money went to any election cause but the coffers primarily of the GOP and Trump. Trump was/remains a cash cow for the GOP as the sheep that follow Trump apparently seem unconcerned with getting fleeced. Like a person who has gone all-in with a scammer pretending to be a lover.

If wishes were horses, . . .
. . . they'd still be pretty useless in today's world.

But there are many on the other side who would say the democrats attempted to topple the executive branch
Yeah, and they’re ALL Trumpsucking republicans parroting Trump’s lies.

When do we stop caring what old white men in ill health think?

Back
Top Bottom