• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

The Marjorie Taylor Greene case

It is only slightly manipulative..

It was only "slightly manipulative" to point out that Obama wouldn't provide copies of his birth certificate.
Right?
Tom

It was only "slightly manipulative" to point out that Obama wouldn't provide copies of his birth certificate.
Right?
Since Obama did provide copies of his birth certificate (https://www.cnn.com/interactive/2011/04/politics/interactive.obama.birth.certificate/index.html), it is simply repeating a falsehood to point out that he wouldn't do so.

In fact if you Google Obama birth certificate, you will get a link that allow you to download a copy of it.

[YOUTUBE]https://youtu.be/6YaNWF0ZeUA[/YOUTUBE]

Daaammn...

Manson-worthy Sadie.
and yes, I saw the original video, and no, the fact that children are getting sick and dying doesn't give her one second of pause or cut short her being "cracked up"--allegedly only by the term by "skinny people". Nor does this Hippa-crite address the issue in the question.

She puts the scope on backwards to make it harder to shoot, that is how hardcore she is.

Right?
Since Obama did provide copies of his birth certificate (https://www.cnn.com/interactive/2011/04/politics/interactive.obama.birth.certificate/index.html), it is simply repeating a falsehood to point out that he wouldn't do so.

In fact if you Google Obama birth certificate, you will get a link that allow you to download a copy of it.
This subject goes far beyond what you think you may know. From Wikipedia here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barack_Obama_citizenship_conspiracy_theories

Rejection by conspiracy theorists

A claim put forth by the Drudge Report[81] that the newly released document was a forgery made with image editing software quickly spread on the Internet.]

Full disclosure on my part: I voted for Obama (both terms) and could care less where he was born. And I thought Trump was crazy for harping on it all the time. That being said, this subject is FAR from being settled considering the plausibility of image fraud being well within the means of current technology.

This subject goes far beyond what you think you may know. From Wikipedia here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barack_Obama_citizenship_conspiracy_theories

Rejection by conspiracy theorists

A claim put forth by the Drudge Report[81] that the newly released document was a forgery made with image editing software quickly spread on the Internet.[82] Nathan Goulding, chief technology officer of the National Review magazine, dismissed the matter of "layered components" found in the White House PDF by suggesting "that whoever scanned the birth certificate in Hawaii forgot to turn off the OCR setting on the scanner." Nathan added, "I've confirmed that scanning an image, converting it to a PDF, optimizing that PDF, and then opening it up in Illustrator, does in fact create layers similar to what is seen in the birth certificate PDF. You can try it yourself at home."[83]

Full disclosure on my part: I voted for Obama (both terms) and could care less where he was born. And I thought Trump was crazy for harping on it all the time.

That being said, this subject is FAR from being settled considering the plausibility of image fraud being well within the means of current technology.
Obama provided copies of the birth certificate - that is a fact.

Of course there are nutters and racists who will not accept that fact. Just like there are nutters and racists who will not accept that Mr. Biden is the legitimate winner of the last Presidential election. But their lack of acceptance reflects on them, not the facts.

Not right away. In fact, he resisted providing copies for quite a long while...just like Trump did not want to let anyone see his tax forms. What ever were the reasons, it made both of them look like there was something to hide.

Not right away. In fact, he resisted providing copies for quite a long while...just like Trump did not want to let anyone see his tax forms. What ever were the reasons, it made both of them look like there was something to hide.
Not a good comparison. Tax returns were routinely released by Presidential candidates but not birth certificates. Also Trump never released his tax returns yet Obama did release his birth certificate.

Jesus, can you blame Obama for not wanting to kowtow to a pack of racist goofballs? Anyone stupid enough to believe in Birtherism (or pretty much anything claimed by Trump) will be able to look at a birth certificate, say it looks fishy, and keep the lunacy going forever.

Just like? Fuck... America and their failed understanding of analogies.

Do you honestly think that these two issues are remotely comparable?
Obama was eligible to be president, regardless of where he was born. Like Ted Cruz, who born in a foreign country, having a USA citizen as a parent is sufficient. His birth certificate was a complete nothingburger.

On the other hand, Trump started his campaign promising to release his tax returns. He lied and lied about, then never did. His history of fraud and deceit made them rather important to voters who wanted to cast a well-informed vote. But all he did, and has ever done, on that important subject, is lie and dissemble.

And still, somehow, millions of people think he's an All American Christian hero?!
Tom

Obama released his birth certificate before getting elected the first time. People from some conservative blog or something even got to examine it and confirm it was real. That is why the conspiracy nutcases and racists started insisting on the ‘long form’ certificate, which is something the state doesn’t give out.

And still, somehow, millions of people think he's an All American Christian hero?!
Tom

Eh? No, no. He’s the everyman’s troll to the shitty establishment elites. If you understand him that way, it makes more sense. E.g, 9/11 remembrance.

E_CNZtDVgAETIPn

Tom

Eh? No, no. He’s the everyman’s troll to the shitty establishment elites. If you understand him that way, it makes more sense. E.g, 9/11 remembrance.

E_CNZtDVgAETIPn

Too bad Trump was so good at showmanship and deceit, but so bad at governing and leading.
Tom

Tom

E_CNZtDVgAETIPn

Too bad Trump was so good at showmanship and deceit, but so bad at governing and leading.
Tom

What, compared to amnesia Joe (the only US president to be held in contempt by the British Parliament)? Who doesn’t love inflation?

A President who loses an election and then turns on his own country and lies and lies and lies about it -- schemes to stay in office -- doing ongoing, serious damage to our country by undermining basic trust in our own system and inspiring the crazy militia types -- there just aren't words. It goes beyond irresponsible. The man is a traitor to our way of life. He would have gladly overturned the will of the voters and been installed as our unelected dictator. And plenty in his party would have helped him.

Do you honestly think that these two issues are remotely comparable?
Obama was eligible to be president, regardless of where he was born. Like Ted Cruz, who born in a foreign country, having a USA citizen as a parent is sufficient. His birth certificate was a complete nothingburger.
I did not know this. I actually thought it was required to be a naturally born citizen. But in any case, like I said before I voted for Obama and did not personally care where he was born anyway. I voted for Obama for both terms because (at the time) he said he was going to support Chrysler from going completely down the tubes versus McCain who would have done just the opposite. That mattered to me financially because I very likely would have lost my pension (with Chrysler) if McCain would have won.

That being said, I always assumed Obama probably was hiding something since it took him so long to produce his birth certificate. I know I would have produced my birth certificate a lot sooner than he did. And unlike Trumps tax forms, his place of birth did matter to the constitution. Or at least I thought it mattered back then. But like I will continue to repeat here, the entire issue did not bother me in the least (and still doesn't)! I voted for Obama for promises he said he was going to do. And fortunately for myself, he actually made good on those promises!
On the other hand, Trump started his campaign promising to release his tax returns. He lied and lied about, then never did. His history of fraud and deceit made them rather important to voters who wanted to cast a well-informed vote. But all he did, and has ever done, on that important subject, is lie and dissemble.

Tom
But this is not written in the Constitution. AFAIK there was no such thing as income tax when our country was founded. If we want to require the POTUS to show their taxes (and maybe we should!) then all the states should amend the Constitution. Until then Trump (or anyone else) can keep their private taxes a secret.

Back
Top Bottom