• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

The Marjorie Taylor Greene case

Mark my words. She’ll be the Republican presidential nominee at some point. People discount her like they do Trump

That would not be discounting her.

It would be giving Republican voters more credit than they deserve.

The governor of Florida is just as deluded but has 10 times the political skills of Greene.

Twitter temporarily suspends Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene for vaccine misinformation - CNNPolitics
Twitter on Monday evening temporarily suspended Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene after she shared misinformation about Covid-19 and vaccines, a company spokesperson told CNN. The Georgia Republican, who has a track record of incendiary rhetoric, will not be able to tweet for 12 hours due to Twitter's policy against people who repeatedly share misinformation. The social media platform had labeled two tweets from Greene as "misleading" in recent days. If she continues to share misinformation about Covid-19 through her Twitter account, Greene could be suspended from the platform permanently.

The temporary suspension comes as the White House has struck a confrontational posture with social media platforms over the prevalence of misleading claims about coronavirus vaccines as cases tick up nationwide.

Illinois Rep. Marie Newman said Georgia Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene is ‘deeply broken. I hope she gets help’ - Chicago Sun-Times
Rep. Marie Newman, D-Ill. — a target of the incendiary Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene, R-Ga., who has been attacking her because of her transgender child — told the Chicago Sun-Times that Greene is “deeply broken. I hope she gets help.”

WBEZ’s Dan Mihalopoulos covered the fundraiser and reported, “Greene sought to rekindle her now-infamous feud with Democratic Congresswoman Marie Newman of Illinois, again attacking Newman’s transgender daughter in her remarks in Effingham.

“Her so-called daughter is a trans, biological adult son, approximately close to the same age as my two, very much biological real girls – daughters,” Greene said of Newman, drawing laughter from many in the crowd. “I call her Marie Newperson. ‘Cause she doesn’t believe in gender! I don’t want to offend her, so I changed her name from Newman to Newperson…She is very confused. As a matter of fact, so is her son.”

Said Newman on our show, “Honestly, I just ignore her and block her out. She’s not a serious member of Congress, and I’m there to do very serious business.”
Rep. Marie Newman on her freshman term, family, & working near Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene - YouTube

This is fun.

MeidasTouch.com on Twitter: "Three million views already. Wow! We're not done humiliating Matt Gaetz and Marjorie Taylor Greene yet. Keep retweeting. (vid link)" / Twitter - someone teased MG about being a pedophile.

Ema Sasic on Twitter: "JUST IN: The “America First” rally with Reps. Marjorie Taylor Greene and Matt Gaetz that was scheduled for 6 pm Saturday at the Riverside Convention Center will not take place (pix link)" / Twitter

Gaetz and Greene Hold Bizarre Outdoor Protest After Multiple Venues Bailed
The controversial pair were forced to address supporters on the street outside the Riverside City Hall, after three California venues turned their planned “protest” away.

Republican Reps. Matt Gaetz and Marjorie Taylor Greene hoped the third time might be the charm for finding a California venue to host their “America First” rally on Saturday night. But instead of speaking to a packed arena, the pair were left with the sidewalk outside the Riverside City Hall.

Greene used the “Peaceful Protest Against Communism” to hawk vaccine hesitancy. She urged the crowd, “Don’t let them force your kids to wear masks at school. Don’t let your kids be forced to take a vaccine that’s not FDA approved.” Meanwhile, coronavirus cases in California are surging as the more contagious Delta variant rips through the unvaccinated population.

Gaetz, who is currently under federal investigation for sex trafficking and abuse of a minor, railed against “the corrupt forces in the Department of Justice and the FBI” and complained that the private venues’ refusals to host the pair amounted to an infringement on their freedom of speech.

“They may try to cancel us online, they may try to pursue us in real life, they may shut down our venues, but we will take this fight to them in the courts, in the halls of Congress, and if necessary in the streets,” he said.
They call themselves victims. It figures.

This is fun.

MeidasTouch.com on Twitter: "Three million views already. Wow! We're not done humiliating Matt Gaetz and Marjorie Taylor Greene yet. Keep retweeting. (vid link)" / Twitter - someone teased MG about being a pedophile.

Ema Sasic on Twitter: "JUST IN: The “America First” rally with Reps. Marjorie Taylor Greene and Matt Gaetz that was scheduled for 6 pm Saturday at the Riverside Convention Center will not take place (pix link)" / Twitter

The controversial pair were forced to address supporters on the street outside the Riverside City Hall, after three California venues turned their planned “protest” away.

Republican Reps. Matt Gaetz and Marjorie Taylor Greene hoped the third time might be the charm for finding a California venue to host their “America First” rally on Saturday night. But instead of speaking to a packed arena, the pair were left with the sidewalk outside the Riverside City Hall.

Greene used the “Peaceful Protest Against Communism” to hawk vaccine hesitancy. She urged the crowd, “Don’t let them force your kids to wear masks at school. Don’t let your kids be forced to take a vaccine that’s not FDA approved.” Meanwhile, coronavirus cases in California are surging as the more contagious Delta variant rips through the unvaccinated population.

Gaetz, who is currently under federal investigation for sex trafficking and abuse of a minor, railed against “the corrupt forces in the Department of Justice and the FBI” and complained that the private venues’ refusals to host the pair amounted to an infringement on their freedom of speech.

“They may try to cancel us online, they may try to pursue us in real life, they may shut down our venues, but we will take this fight to them in the courts, in the halls of Congress, and if necessary in the streets,” he said.

It's interesting that they see taking their protest to the streets like normal people as beneath them. Just how privileged are these people?

This is fun.

Threatening they will commit acts of violence if they don't get their way.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/the-m...raising-tour-is-actually-a-cash-fire?ref=home

Gaetz slipped from $1.82 million in the first months of the year, his personal best. He also spent $1.95 million along the way, the majority of it on fundraising and a pricey public relations scramble to push back against reports about the investigation.
But Greene—whose campaign is easily the biggest money draw among the House GOP—plummeted, coming $1.9 million short of her eye-popping $3.2 million first-quarter haul. After expenses, including travel and fundraising costs, she closed the second quarter with only a $300,000 net gain. She had ended the first quarter up $1.8 million.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/the-m...raising-tour-is-actually-a-cash-fire?ref=home

Gaetz slipped from $1.82 million in the first months of the year, his personal best. He also spent $1.95 million along the way, the majority of it on fundraising and a pricey public relations scramble to push back against reports about the investigation.
Yeah, that investigation into him liking to fuck plausible deniable aged teenagers has to be cutting into any expansion potential in fundraising.
But Greene—whose campaign is easily the biggest money draw among the House GOP—plummeted, coming $1.9 million short of her eye-popping $3.2 million first-quarter haul. After expenses, including travel and fundraising costs, she closed the second quarter with only a $300,000 net gain. She had ended the first quarter up $1.8 million....
Greene likely lost money because she apologized that one time.

This is fun.

It's interesting that they see taking their protest to the streets like normal people as beneath them. Just how privileged are these people?
Privileged? Don't you mean cognitively impaired?

And I think there's a certain landscaping company that might allow them to hold rallies and news conferences.

This is fun.

They are not victims. they are simply pariahs. Of their own making.

I rewatched the video to see if I missed something. But I don't think I did.

MTG was asked a question about responsibility. Her response was clipped off. That was followed by a string of emotional video clips, interspersed with bits of MTG laughing at something that isn't mentioned.

Sorry, as much as I dislike MTG, this looks like the worst kind of lying, manipulative, media out there. I realize that it suits your political ideology, but it's still lying trash.
Tom

MTG was asked a question about responsibility. Her response was clipped off. That was followed by a string of emotional video clips, interspersed with bits of MTG laughing at something that isn't mentioned.

Sorry, as much as I dislike MTG, this looks like the worst kind of lying, manipulative, media out there. I realize that it suits your political ideology, but it's still lying trash.
Tom
It is only slightly manipulative... which you'll understand if you click Swammerdami's link that takes you to the unedit video, where she literally laughs at the question.

The funny thing is that she is almost certainly vaccinated. She is the worst type of person to be politics.

Tom
It is only slightly manipulative... which you'll understand if you click Swammerdami's link that takes you to the unedit video, where she literally laughs at the question.

The funny thing is that she is almost certainly vaccinated. She is the worst type of person to be politics.

Yabut ... both sides ...

Tom

It looks like she laughs when the person asking the question says "skinny people". The person says "there are children...skinny people... who have died of the coronavirus" and MTG clearly grins and laughs after the mention of "skinny people", which does indeed seem to be a strange, funny way of asking the question. I think the implication is that it's not just old, overweight, and sickly people dying of the virus. But it seems to me that she's not laughing at the idea of children dying.

Tom

It looks like she laughs when the person asking the question says "skinny people". The person says "there are children...skinny people... who have died of the coronavirus" and MTG clearly grins and laughs after the mention of "skinny people", which does indeed seem to be a strange, funny way of asking the question. I think the implication is that it's not just old, overweight, and sickly people dying of the virus. But it seems to me that she's not laughing at the idea of children dying.

How much better is that than merely denying or being indifferent to the deaths of children?

Better, sure. But not by as much as we'd like to believe of a fellow human being.

Yes. She’s such a terrible person that fabricating a fake headline doesn’t hurt her reputation just that of the writers.

[TWEET]<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The GOP Presser on Jan 6th Prisoners was stopped early due to an interruption by protestors. <a href="https://t.co/ce6TQekhOP">pic.twitter.com/ce6TQekhOP</a></p>— PatriotTakes ???????????? (@patriottakes) <a href="https://twitter.com/patriottakes/status/1420070182068781058?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">July 27, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>[/TWEET]..

Back
Top Bottom