• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

The Marjorie Taylor Greene case

But this is not written in the Constitution. AFAIK there was no such thing as income tax when our country was founded. If we want to require the POTUS to show their taxes (and maybe we should!) then all the states should amend the Constitution. Until then Trump (or anyone else) can keep their private taxes a secret.

The issue was never a Constitutional one. (Clearly, he was elected and served his term without ever releasing them.) It was one of Presidential norms. From the very start he defied those norms. Which in and of itself isn’t necessarily a bad thing. In his case it was, though, because he violated a bunch of ethical norms, if not actual laws.

The tax return issue just demonstrated his deceit (he lied when saying he couldn’t release them due to the audit, he lied when saying he would release them eventually) and also gave the impression he was hiding something.

I didn’t see Obama’s reluctance to release his birth certificate as willingness to hide something because it wasn’t a Presidential norm and the only people calling for it were racist conspiracy theorists. But it was good that he eventually did release it.

Do you honestly think that these two issues are remotely comparable?
Obama was eligible to be president, regardless of where he was born. Like Ted Cruz, who born in a foreign country, having a USA citizen as a parent is sufficient. His birth certificate was a complete nothingburger.
I did not know this. I actually thought it was required to be a naturally born citizen.
And you can be a 'naturally born citizen' no matter where you pop out.
He could have been born in orbit and still been a naturally born citizen of the United States.

If we want to require the POTUS to show their taxes (and maybe we should!) then all the states should amend the Constitution. Until then Trump (or anyone else) can keep their private taxes a secret.
Or, each state that wants this just adds it to the requirements for being put on their ballot.
Something like:
Party affiliation, 2,000 signatures, 1 long-form birth certificate, $2,000 filing fee, 5 years of tax returns, fingerprints, CORI background check

Much simpler.

If we want to require the POTUS to show their taxes (and maybe we should!) then all the states should amend the Constitution. Until then Trump (or anyone else) can keep their private taxes a secret.
Or, each state that wants this just adds it to the requirements for being put on their ballot.
Something like:
Party affiliation, 2,000 signatures, 1 long-form birth certificate, $2,000 filing fee, 5 years of tax returns, fingerprints, CORI background check

Much simpler.

Sounds good to me.

States do have rights and can decide those sorts of things.
Tom

ETA ~If there was anything I'd leave off that list it would be party affiliation. I don't like governments getting involved in party politics ~

Since Obama did provide copies of his birth certificate (https://www.cnn.com/interactive/2011/04/politics/interactive.obama.birth.certificate/index.html), it is simply repeating a falsehood to point out that he wouldn't do so.

In fact if you Google Obama birth certificate, you will get a link that allow you to download a copy of it.
This subject goes far beyond what you think you may know. From Wikipedia here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barack_Obama_citizenship_conspiracy_theories

Rejection by conspiracy theorists

A claim put forth by the Drudge Report[81] that the newly released document was a forgery made with image editing software quickly spread on the Internet.]

Read your own link. He released his birth certificate originally in 2008. The one he released then is his official birth certificate for legal purposes. There is nothing magical about the long form that makes its any more official than the one he released in 2008.

Releasing it the first time did not stop the conspiracy theorists nor did releasing the other in 2011, because they're all lying fucks.

Full disclosure on my part: I voted for Obama (both terms) and could care less where he was born. And I thought Trump was crazy for harping on it all the time. That being said, this subject is FAR from being settled considering the plausibility of image fraud being well within the means of current technology.

The matter was settled in 2008. The fact that dishonest conspiracy theorists don't consider it settled is irrelevant to reality.

And still, somehow, millions of people think he's an All American Christian hero?!
Tom

Eh? No, no. He’s the everyman’s troll to the shitty establishment elites. If you understand him that way, it makes more sense.

He's a shittier and phonier elite, and a hero to the stupid/ corrupt/ criminal/ insane.

Obama provided copies of the birth certificate - that is a fact.

Not right away. In fact, he resisted providing copies for quite a long while...just like Trump did not want to let anyone see his tax forms. What ever were the reasons, it made both of them look like there was something to hide.
Since Obama provided his long form birth certificate on April 27, 2011 after Mr Trump started demanding it in 2011. Compare that with Mr. Trump's refusal to obey court orders to provide his tax returns.

Read your own link. He released his birth certificate originally in 2008. The one he released then is his official birth certificate for legal purposes.
Exactly. When I was getting my passport, because you can't just come back from Canada now, I sent my original birth certificate in with my application. The Government responded with a "WTF?!" and required me to obtain a new certificate.

This is what Obama did as well. He released the original, which was quite legit... but the people wanted the "LONG FORM", which for the Government trying to give me a passport, I get... for the general population of racist fuckers, they can go to hell. And for people that can't even remember back a little more than a decade ago? What the hell?!

Anyone remember the "video" created to make it look Obama's mother was in Africa, but they used the wrong flag for the hospital room? I'm surprised most of the racists didn't argue that Obama was never actually born, and was just a left wing delusion.

Not right away. In fact, he resisted providing copies for quite a long while...just like Trump did not want to let anyone see his tax forms. What ever were the reasons, it made both of them look like there was something to hide.
Since Obama provided his long form birth certificate on April 27, 2011 after Mr Trump started demanding it in 2011. Compare that with Mr. Trump's refusal to obey court orders to provide his tax returns.

As soon as Trump shows his tax returns the con will be up so he can't let them become public. It will show he's not actually a billionaire, he's an awful business man, and probably that he's a tax cheat.

As soon as Trump shows his tax returns the con will be up so he can't let them become public. It will show he's not actually a billionaire, he's an awful business man, and probably that he's a tax cheat.

Agreed. The returns will show that he's an absolute failure of a business man and a tax cheat. But it won't show is net worth though.

Is there any correlate to this insane woman untethered from the real world in the House in the Democratic party?

Insanity seems to be something only Republican voters endorse.

Agreed. The returns will show that he's an absolute failure of a business man and a tax cheat. But it won't show is net worth though.

true. being that bad at business, however, would imply that you've been telling fibs about your net worth for several years. his cons are so basic that most of us knew what he was a long time ago. once he became a reality tv star the people who have trouble separating fact from fiction were hooked and bought into the lie.

Anyone remember the "video" created to make it look Obama's mother was in Africa, but they used the wrong flag for the hospital room?

None of this matters.

Obama could have been born in Brazil, while his mother yelled "Alluh Akbar". She was a U.S. citizen and that makes Obama eligible to be voted in as President.

The rest is all slanderous libel.
Tom

Anyone remember the "video" created to make it look Obama's mother was in Africa, but they used the wrong flag for the hospital room?

None of this matters.

Obama could have been born in Brazil, while his mother yelled "Alluh Akbar". She was a U.S. citizen and that makes Obama eligible to be voted in as President.

The rest is all slanderous libel.
Tom

Exactly. OTOH, John McCain was born in Panama...

Something like:

Much simpler.

What I would like to see is a TS clearance check. Not the clearance, the check. Let us see what their background really is like.

No. Obama resisted because to comply would give legitimacy to the Bullshit Machine, and, as we saw actually happen, would NOT end the bullshit anyway — the liars just moved from "has no birth certificate" to "has only a fake birth certificate."

But can I hijack to ask a question of those familiar with this bullshit? :—

What was the PURPOSE of the alleged Kenya visit? It's not in dispute that Obama was conceived in, and raised in Hawaii. According to the crackpots his pregnant mother suddenly made a brief trip to Kenya, gave birth, and came back to Hawaii. Why? Just so that 47 years later they could say "Nanner nanner nanner; we got a non-native elected!" ?

Yes yes, I know Obama's birth was accompanied by an Islamo-Jewish crypto-communist ritual jointly sponsored by the Illuminati and North Korean terrorists and anointed with the blood of seven virgins. But couldn't such a ceremony be performed in Hawaii even more easily than in Kenya?

The purpose of the Kenya trip is rather sickening. I was handed the true facts at the Istanbul airport five days before election 2020. Ann Dunham was the oldest member of a group of Peace Corps applicants who traveled to Kenya to start the ball rolling on Ping Pong Imports, which today kidnaps and transports thousands of children to prostitution hubs for the Deep State. The other key players were Bill Clinton, Hillary Rodham, John Podesta, and TV actor Alan Young (think Mr. Ed.) Yes, they were a group of well-scrubbed U.S. teens, the perfect cover for the master planners. So young and so, so evil. Marjorie Taylor Greene has the pertinent documents but of course the mainstream media will not listen to her. I will share any or all of this with any sincere, patriotic citizen at the Taos Regional Airport on Sept. 30 at 3 p.m.

The purpose of the Kenya trip is rather sickening. I was handed the true facts at the Istanbul airport five days before election 2020. Ann Dunham was the oldest member of a group of Peace Corps applicants who traveled to Kenya to start the ball rolling on Ping Pong Imports, which today kidnaps and transports thousands of children to prostitution hubs for the Deep State. The other key players were Bill Clinton, Hillary Rodham, John Podesta, and TV actor Alan Young (think Mr. Ed.) Yes, they were a group of well-scrubbed U.S. teens, the perfect cover for the master planners. So young and so, so evil. Marjorie Taylor Greene has the pertinent documents but of course the mainstream media will not listen to her. I will share any or all of this with any sincere, patriotic citizen at the Taos Regional Airport on Sept. 30 at 3 p.m.

So you have these facts and yet no authorities have them?

Perhaps all you have are made up stories.

Back
Top Bottom