• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

The Marjorie Taylor Greene case

Does anyone else find it odd that Qaren Taylor Greenee is wearing shorts in the Don2-linked video? Is this attire worn to make a statement? Or was she just in such a hurry to make the meeting that she didn't have time to change after serving at a BBQ with the Proud Bois?

(Perhaps I'm overly aware of such attire. I live in a country where, despite a hot climate, wearing shorts is highly frowned on in certain contexts. I cringe when I see foreigners wearing shorts at a funeral.)

ETA: I see that the very next speaker is also wearing shorts. Maybe it's just a Georgia thing.

Might me acceptable locally. There are some some differences in what is considered proper in different areas of the country. In Texas men sit down to eat without removing their hat. Not done where I'm from if you were raised properly.

Does anyone else find it odd that Qaren Taylor Greenee is wearing shorts in the Don2-linked video? Is this attire worn to make a statement? Or was she just in such a hurry to make the meeting that she didn't have time to change after serving at a BBQ with the Proud Bois?

(Perhaps I'm overly aware of such attire. I live in a country where, despite a hot climate, wearing shorts is highly frowned on in certain contexts. I cringe when I see foreigners wearing shorts at a funeral.)

ETA: I see that the very next speaker is also wearing shorts. Maybe it's just a Georgia thing.

I live in a country that is literally on fire every fucking summer. If you address Parliament in shorts, you're essentially saying, "Please ignore everything I say and don't take me seriously".

So no, I don't find it odd Shitty Palin 2.0 is making political statements in beach attire. What's depressing is that she is the new face of a party that will one day again determine foreign policy in America. And then we'll all be in for a fun time.

I live in a country that is literally on fire every fucking summer. If you address Parliament in shorts, you're essentially saying, "Please ignore everything I say and don't take me seriously".

So no, I don't find it odd Shitty Palin 2.0 is making political statements in beach attire. What's depressing is that she is the new face of a party that will one day again determine foreign policy in America. And then we'll all be in for a fun time.

I'm not all that concerned with what people are wearing, unless it is something silly like a rubber boot on their head. Seems to me that I should be much more concerned about what she is saying, and the fact that she might be literally insane. Her wearing shorts when she is saying it is going to absolutely be the least of my concerns.

Democrats Consider AOC Seeking Restraining Order Against Marjorie Taylor Greene
noting
House GOP leaders rebuke Greene's Holocaust rhetoric as 'appalling' - POLITICO
House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy, who defended the Georgia Republican earlier this year when Democrats stripped her of committee assignments for her incendiary rhetoric, called her latest comments “wrong” and “appalling” and said the GOP conference was behind him.

“Marjorie is wrong, and her intentional decision to compare the horrors of the Holocaust with wearing masks is appalling. The Holocaust is the greatest atrocity committed in history,” the California Republican said in a statement. “The fact that this needs to be stated today is deeply troubling.”

"At a time when the Jewish people face increased violence and threats, anti-Semitism is on the rise in the Democrat Party and is completely ignored by Speaker Nancy Pelosi,” McCarthy said.

The No. 2 House Republican also sharply criticized Greene for her comments. Lauren Fine, a spokesperson for House Minority Whip Steve Scalise, said he "does not agree with these comments and condemns these comparisons to the Holocaust."

Scalise's spokesperson added a similar rejoinder to McCarthy's about bias rising on the other side of the aisle: "We also need to be speaking out strongly against the dangerous antisemitism that is growing in our streets and in the Democrat Party, resulting in an alarming number of horrific violent attacks against Jews."
Some of Ilhan Omar's remarks are questionable, but she doesn't say that Jews are great villains.
Kinzinger went further Tuesday, telling POLITICO that Republicans should boot her from the conference "to prevent her from coming to conference meetings, benefiting from conference materials."

Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell, who previously compared Greene to a “cancer” in the GOP, told a CNN reporter on Tuesday of her latest remarks: “Once again an outrageous and reprehensible comment.”
But MTG refuses to back down.
After facing widespread condemnation from her own party on Tuesday, Greene defended her remarks and blamed the “media” and “American left” for stoking outrage.

The “attempts to shame, ostracize, and brand Americans who choose not to get vaccinated or wear a mask are reminiscent of the great tyrants of history who did the same to those who would not comply,” she tweeted.
A big problem for the Republican Party is that MTG is a big fundraiser, and Republicans will appreciate her money. It's something like how the Democratic leadership seems to have made peace with AOC.

At the end,
Greene, meanwhile, has refused to apologize for her remarks, saying instead in a tweet: “I'm sorry some of my words make people uncomfortable, but this is what the American left is all about."

Greene also retweeted, and then quickly deleted, a post on Twitter calling McCarthy a "moron" and "feckless c**t."
Not exactly calling him "Papa Bear".

In analogy with AOC once calling Nancy Pelosi "Mama Bear of the Democratic Party".

Well she is correct about McCarthy. Her conclusion about masks is sound when you take the party propaganda about the government's intentions with masks and vaccinations to a logical conclusion. If "the left" is really out to do what the QOP says then mandatory masks is just a star on the sleeve. If the party disapproves of what she said then maybe the party should rethink the false conspiracy theories it promotes.

I'm not all that concerned with what people are wearing, unless it is something silly like a rubber boot on their head. Seems to me that I should be much more concerned about what she is saying, and the fact that she might be literally insane. Her wearing shorts when she is saying it is going to absolutely be the least of my concerns.

ํYou're not wrong. But for me, the noises erupting from MTG's barf-hole are no more worthy of attention than the smells erupting from her butt-hole.

Many criminals and racist liars do know how to dress politely. I find it quite curious that the voters of a Georgia District, regardless of their own demeanors or couture preferences, chose this filthy slob to represent them.

ํYou're not wrong. But for me, the noises erupting from MTG's barf-hole are no more worthy of attention than the smells erupting from her butt-hole.

Many criminals and racist liars do know how to dress politely. I find it quite curious that the voters of a Georgia District, regardless of their own demeanors or couture preferences, chose this filthy slob to represent them.

For the record, you are not wrong either.

She ran unopposed, so that might have something to do with it. I'm not at all familiar with her district and have only been in that part of Georgia twice in my life. I don't care what she wears. People tend to dress very casually in most parts of Georgia. Who cares! It's her crazy, nasty, ignorance that is the problem, not the clothing that she wears.

Is it wise to discuss the Representative with such crude, scatological language? Does this not send the message that officials like her are beneath our contempt and not worth approaching with honest argumentation?
Also, what's the difference between a joke and three big, veiny dicks?

MTG can't take a joke.

Is it wise to discuss the Representative with such crude, scatological language?

Yes.

Does this not send the message that officials like her are beneath our contempt and not worth approaching with honest argumentation?

Of course it does.

Also, what's the difference between a joke and three big, veiny dicks?

MTG can't take a joke.

See? :)

Somehow, I don't think that when MTG and Matt Gaetz are having sex that he is able to produce one of those things, let alone three. But I do think that he probably uses the gas mask and somehow Nazi paraphernalia is involved.

You can thank me for the visual later.

Mark my words. She’ll be the Republican presidential nominee at some point. People discount her like they do Trump

She ran unopposed, so that might have something to do with it. I'm not at all familiar with her district and have only been in that part of Georgia twice in my life. I don't care what she wears. People tend to dress very casually in most parts of Georgia. Who cares! It's her crazy, nasty, ignorance that is the problem, not the clothing that she wears.

Seconded. I don't give a hoot what someone wears beyond what it might say about their mental state.

These are all valid points. I would also add that Taylor Greene turned up to the political equivalent of a job interview looking like that, which shows how seriously she takes her role or responsibilities.

The original: Steve Bannon interviewed MTG for "Real America's Voice":
Marjorie Taylor Greene slams virus research: 'I don't believe in evolution, I believe in God' - YouTube

Then

Marjorie Taylor Greene: I Don’t Believe In Evolution, That Type Of So-Called 'Science' | HuffPost
Marjorie Taylor Green REJECTS Evolution In Bonkers Rant - YouTube
“I don’t believe in that type of so-called science. I don’t believe in evolution. I believe in God,” Greene continued, gesturing with air quotes during a discussion about the potential origin of the coronavirus. An estimated 40% of Americans believe God created humans as described in the Bible, according to a 2019 poll.

Then

Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene: "I don't believe in evolution" - Axios
What she's saying: Greene leaned on religion to explain the origins of the coronavirus. "Why is there any need to create a virus that could spread rapidly to a population, to make people sick and kill them? That is a bioweapon," she said.
  • Greene noted she doesn't support so-called “gain-of-function research,” in which lab technicians modify a virus to develop vaccines and other medications.
  • "I don’t buy it because I don’t believe in evolution," the freshman Republican from Georgia added. "I don’t believe in that type of so-called science. I don’t believe in evolution, I believe in God."

Wow, Rep. Greene stepped it back a bit with the Nazi remarks, which she had previously dug her heels on... saying she only meant the initial Nazi treatment of the Jewish.
article said:
Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene on Monday apologized for her "offensive" comments comparing Capitol Hill mask-wearing rules to the Holocaust after visiting the US Holocaust Memorial Museum in Washington.

"There are words that I have said, remarks that I've made that I know are offensive, and for that I'd like to apologize," the Georgia Republican said Monday, adding that she had taken a lesson from her father, who died in April, about owning up to mistakes.
"So I should own it," she said. "I made a mistake."

The apology -- a dramatic shift in tone that comes in the face of a censure resolution in the House -- was offered weeks after Greene compared House Speaker Nancy Pelosi's decision to continue requiring members of the House to wear masks on the chamber floor as a Covid-19 precaution to steps the Nazis took to control the Jewish population during the Holocaust.
It is hard to know whether visiting the Holocaust museum actually made her aware of something and discovered the true meaning of the work hyperbole... or if she angered (or made nervous) people with deep pockets. I doubt her persona will temper much.

Acyn on Twitter: "Marjorie Taylor Greene calls AOC a little communist and says locking her up is a good idea. She also says AOC isn’t an American (link)" / Twitter

Acyn on Twitter: "She also said she wants to impeach President Biden, expel Maxine Waters, and fire Dr. Fauci. The crowd chanted lock him up while she pumped her fist in the air. (link)" / Twitter

AOC responded
Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez on Twitter: "First of all, I’m taller than her" / Twitter

-

Daily Mail US on Twitter: "Marjorie Taylor Greene calls AOC 'the little communist from NYC' (link)" / Twitter
noting
AOC hits back after Marjorie Taylor Greene called her a 'Little Communist' at Trump rally in Ohio | Daily Mail Online
  • The progressive congresswoman, 31, simply wrote while sharing a video of Greene speaking on Saturday: 'First of all, I'm taller than her'
  • Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene, 47, had called Ocasio Cortez 'little communist' and 'not an American' during her speech
  • Greene, who according to her page on CrossFit is 5'3" tall, had spoken at former President Donald Trump's first rally since leaving the White House
  • Ocasio-Cortez's height was not immediately known, though some websites estimate she stands at 5'4"
  • Before hitting out at Ocasio-Cortez, Greene had polled the crowd to make to make sure they agreed that Trump was 'still their president'
  • She also falsely claimed that 'Democrats stole the election'

Back
Top Bottom