• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

The Marjorie Taylor Greene case

That post was taken out of context. She was clearing inviting the squad to a meeting over a warm cup of cocoa.

Since, it's obvious that she's not going to be expelled from Congress, I don't think the media should be giving her so much attention. She is probably another narcissistic attention seeker who thrives on this. She is just one person among 435, and while she is a nutcase, I think now that she's been removed from her committees, it's best to ignore her until or unless there is a new reason to mention her behavior. For all we know, there are probably at least several other crazies in our Congress, but they are a lot quieter about their beliefs.

I don't know why Twitter and Facebook haven't banned her since both companies keep claiming they are going to limit political lies and dangerous conspiracy theories. Perhaps they want to see if she can control her adverse behavior. I sort of doubt it, but we shall see because the media just can't stop putting her in the spot light. Imo, it would be better to ignore her.

To be honest, I wish that all members of our Congress would stop tweeting, and instead use that time to work on bills that have a chance of being passed.

To be honest, I wish that all members of our Congress would stop tweeting, and instead use that time to work on bills that have a chance of being passed.

Hear, hear!

I can’t believe that there’s been enough good to come from Twitter to outweigh the bad.

I wonder what would happen to my job if I threatened my coworkers?

Yes, she absolutely should be removed from committees and yes, she should be removed from office.

Her case should be given special focus because of its significance. She is not just one representative among 435. She is one who just received the support (to not strip her of committee standing) of the overwhelming Republican HoR. She is one who has the strong backing of the most powerful single figure in the Republican party, our last president.

If the overwhelming consensus among Republicans was to vocally condemn her and cast her aside as not representing the views of the party, then she should not be given so much focus. Since the QOP is backing her though, it deserves to have attention and analysis to it. She should not be ignored and pretended as if she does not have power, and is just a fluke or outlier.

Is she as crazy as Francis E Dec? (play at 0.75 for correct speed)

Why do you obsess over her?

I don't obsess over her. I ran across this and thought it had some good information to share to this thread.

Why do you think I obsess over her? Are you trying to downplay the fact that she's a loon?

[YOUTUBE]https://youtu.be/f8SPWYRO3pc[/YOUTUBE]

Personally I don't obsess over her. Virtually everything I know of her I learned here on TFT.

But what I do see her as is the symbol of what's wrong with the late great Party of Lincoln. I think it's collapsing, ethically and support wise. Because they just don't have any ideas for improvement to the USA. They just want to remain in power by whatever means necessary.

People like Trump, McConnell, and Green are the results of that intellectual bankruptcy.
Tom

That's rich. Let one of our righties post a silly "woke" quote, no matter who said it, and there's a scrimmage of condemnation and "See, that's what they're like."
Greene happens to be an elected Congresswoman whose public behavior has been coarse (harrassing a school shooting survivor) and whose statements of belief in bizarre and transparently false conspiracies goes far beyond stupid, which they are, to mentally deranged. And she's not alone. Back in September, one national poll found 56% of self-identified Repubs agreeing that Q-Anon is "true or mostly true". A January poll put the % at 30, which is closer to most other polls (and also close to the die-hard Trump supporter %.) So, make it a third or so. That's a third of the party's electorate, and they can't tell zany propaganda from credible fact, and they have no clue they're being lied to. And no one at the national level is willing to tell them they're being lied to.
And this is the party with which Biden is told he has to create compromise decisions.
Greene isn't just symptomatic of dysfunctional government, she's symptomatic of a radicalized, irrational political movement, and one that shows clear signs of being willing to circumvent democracy. Not to mince words: "Stop the Steal" was a direct attack on democracy. Greene was drooling with enthusiasm for it.

It's pretty obvious you will have a huge throbbing erection over her when she runs for President, just like when you creamed your pants over Palin RE: the Tea Party Movement. You know you're kinda predictable, right?

By the way, predicting accurately what happens next is not the same as obsessing.

It's pretty obvious you will have a huge throbbing erection over her when she runs for President, just like when you creamed your pants over Palin RE: the Tea Party Movement. You know you're kinda predictable, right?

By the way, predicting accurately what happens next is not the same as obsessing.

To be fair, you have to think a lot to get to the point where your predictions carry accuracy. On the other hand, if you think more about literally everything, then you can still be better without obsessing specifically.

It may indicate you are excessively thoughtful, but then there seems a general and unfortunate deficit of thoughtfulness that pervades some double-digit percentage of humanity.

Here's the story, from congress.gov

H.Res.72 - 117th Congress (2021-2022): Removing a certain Member from certain standing committees of the House of Representatives. | Congress.gov | Library of Congress - 02/01/2021 - Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz D-FL-23

The resolution removes her from two committees, the Education & Labor Committee and the Budget Committee. It got 44 cosponsors, none of them original, but all in a day or two of the resolution's introduction.

It was voted on: Roll Call 25 | Bill Number: H. Res. 72 - Feb 04, 2021, 06:48 PM | 117th Congress, 1st Session

For it were D 219, R 11, total 230
Against it were R 199, total 199
Not voting were D 1 R 1, total 2

The two nonvoters were Marcia Fudge D-OH, who joined the Biden Admin as Sec'y of Housing and Urban Development, and Ron Wright R-TX, who died three days later of COVID-19.

H.Res.82 - 117th Congress (2021-2022): Raising a question of the privileges of the House. | Congress.gov | Library of Congress - 02/01/2021 - Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz D-FL-23

The resolution lists not only her murder threats but also her conspiracy theories. It got 26 cosponsors, 23 original, 3 added the next day, but it did not go very far.

H.Res.83 - 117th Congress (2021-2022): Condemning and censuring Representative Marjorie Taylor Greene of Georgia. | Congress.gov | Library of Congress - 02/01/2021 - Rep. Nikema Williams D-GA-05

The resolution lists her threats of murder. It got 46 cosponsors, all original, but it did not go very far.

Congressional Record House Articles | Congress.gov | Library of Congress - REMOVING A CERTAIN MEMBER FROM CERTAIN STANDING COMMITTEES OF THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES; Congressional Record Vol. 167, No. 21 (House of Representatives - February 04, 2021)

Has the House-floor debate on removing MTG from her committees. Some Republicans objected that the action was overstretch by the Democrats.

Congressional Record Extensions of Remarks Articles | Congress.gov | Library of Congress - CONDEMNING THE BEHAVIOR OF CONGRESSWOMAN MARJORIE TAYLOR GREENE; Congressional Record Vol. 167, No. 22 (Extensions of Remarks - February 05, 2021)

Committees - H.Res.260 - 117th Congress (2021-2022): In the Matter of Representative Marjorie Taylor Greene. | Congress.gov | Library of Congress - by Rep. Gomez, Jimmy [D-CA-34] (Introduced 03/19/2021)

The full text:
In the Matter of Representative Marjorie Taylor Greene.

Resolved, That pursuant to article I, section 5, clause 2 of the United States Constitution, Representative Marjorie Taylor Greene, be, and she hereby is, expelled from the House of Representatives.
It got 72 cosponsors, all original, but no further action.

MTG has made herself annoying with her House adjournment motions. Here are all those to date, though without listing MTG.

Roll Call 24 | ADJOURN - Feb 04, 2021, 04:19 PM | 117th Congress, 1st Session

Party, Yes, No, Present, Not Voting
Democratic 0 218 0 2
Republican 205 0 0 6
Independent 0 0 0 0
Total 205 218 0 8

Roll Call 33 | ADJOURN - Feb 24, 2021, 01:32 PM | 117th Congress, 1st Session

Democratic 0 214 0 6
Republican 202 0 0 9
Independent 0 0 0 0
Total 202 214 0 15

Roll Call 38 | ADJOURN - Feb 25, 2021, 01:25 PM | 117th Congress, 1st Session

Democratic 0 217 0 3
Republican 199 2 0 10
Independent 0 0 0 0
Total 199 219 0 13

Roll Call 56 | ADJOURN - Mar 03, 2021, 10:32 AM | 117th Congress, 1st Session

Democratic 0 204 0 16
Republican 182 18 0 11
Independent 0 0 0 0
Total 182 222 0 27

Roll Call 71 | ADJOURN - Mar 10, 2021, 10:07 AM | 117th Congress, 1st Session

Democratic 0 195 0 25
Republican 149 40 0 22
Independent 0 0 0 0
Total 149 235 0 47

As you can see from these votes, MTG pissed off her fellow Republicans more and more.

The reason she should be expelled from Congress, even though she was elected to it by her constituents in her district, is that she has endorsed violence against her political opponents in Congress.

Yeah that.
Despite the FACT that most of her constituents would agree with her endorsement of violence, as seen on TV on Jan 6.

Back
Top Bottom