• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

The Race For 2024

Biden still wanders off from what he's supposed to be doing
He's the President. If he wants to wander off, why shouldn't he?
Because voters are going to perceive that as dementia, that's why.

Less snarkily, because it's disrespectful and inappropriate behavior if it's done intentionally, and it suggests a lack of cognitive capacity if done unintentionally.

Less snarkily, because it's disrespectful and inappropriate behavior if it's done intentionally, and it suggests a lack of cognitive capacity if done unintentionally.
This is bullshit. I watched the NBC version that wasn’t cropped. It looked pretty normal to me.

This is bullshit. I watched the NBC version that wasn’t cropped. It looked pretty normal to me.
I also watched the NBC version which is posted in this thread. I see a group of politicians listening to a guy for whatever the hell event they're there for. I see Biden gradually turn away, and walk off away from the group. I see other people in the group notice that he has walked away, and look at each other rather uncomfortably. I see one woman go after him while trying to simultaneously pay attention to the speaker, and try to direct Biden back to where he's supposed to be.

If the dude in charge of the country deciding he's bored with the event he's there for, and deciding to gradually wander off to look at something else instead of paying attention to the speaker is "normal" to you... well, you've got a different idea of normal than I do.

I also watched the NBC version which is posted in this thread. I see a group of politicians listening to a guy for whatever the hell event they're there for. I see Biden gradually turn away, and walk off away from the group. I see other people in the group notice that he has walked away, and look at each other rather uncomfortably. I see one woman go after him while trying to simultaneously pay attention to the speaker, and try to direct Biden back to where he's supposed to be.

If the dude in charge of the country deciding he's bored with the event he's there for, and deciding to gradually wander off to look at something else instead of paying attention to the speaker is "normal" to you... well, you've got a different idea of normal than I do.
Something like this happens every freaking day at major events. As I think about it, I was a ribbon cutting ceremony for a new large new building for intel a few years ago. The Oregon governor kept talking to people and had to be corralled for the picture. This is a pretty freaking weak argument. A few years ago, Trump threw aside a politican so that he could be pictured in the middle.

https://au.news.yahoo.com/trump-app...TQWPH5-D3h6F9ju17cK8Z726hpEFCpX0gefwBWKtTKFlk

Maybe we should not vote for Trump because he's a rude asshole!?? Or we could decide the matter based on the issues......

I can't imagine anyone handling the stress, all the travel, meeting with all kinds of people, including other world leaders, dealing with crazy unjustified criticism, and ageism, as well as Biden does. No president is perfect. No president pleases everyone. In fact, nobody is happy with everything any president does or accomplishes, but all things considered, Biden has does an outstanding job and he has more experience than anyone else who might have run. Nobody even bothered to challenge him in the Democratic Party, so like it or not, he's the candidate and he's far better than the alternative, a psychopathic narcissist, who does have very obvious signs of cognitive decline compared to Biden, who simply mixes up names at times or misuses language, which is a problem he's dealt with since childhood. Shit! He even rides a bicycle while Trump is always in a gulf cart, and people are worried about Biden's health! People die at all ages, so a rather healthy 81 year old man who doesn't suffer from obesity and has an active lifestyle has a better chance of making it for four more years compared to a lot of middle aged folks I know personally.

There is so much disinformation and idiots who expect perfection from a president, and due to the insane electoral college along with the cult of the Orange menage, we may go down quickly if people don't support Biden. Plus, his VP has plenty of experience and if necessary she could step into the position and finish the term. People in the US are kooky. If they don't like some aspects of a candidate's personality, or some of their policies, they reject that candidate. Just vote blue, even if you're not happy with the choices. The alternatives are a nightmare.

I'm glad to see that a few conservative Republicans, like Liz Cheney are supporting Biden, despite not agreeing with a lot of his policies. Liz has praised the Democrats she worked with on the committee that investigated one of the Trump crimes. I don't agree with her policies, but I've read her book and I value her integrity. I wish all Democrats, independents and decent Republicans would be more like her instead of whining and trying to find little faults with the better candidate, who has helped save our country from authoritarianism. Enough said!

Watch it Emily, you're about to be declared a MAGA Trump fanatic if you continue down this trail.

So, Tomorrow is the debate. Here's some recommended drinking game rules:
  • Trump talks about Biden being hopped up on drugs take a sip
  • If Jake Tapper or Dana Bash bring it up, do a shot.
  • But if they bring it up in the context of how Trump has joked about it, do a whole shot.
  • If they bring up Trump joking about it but it’s clear they didn’t get the joke, do a second shot
  • If Biden admits that he’s wasted and finally cries out for help to stop the elder abuse being perpetrated against him by Jill and his White House handlers, cheers to him for finally breaking free of his captors and take a swig out of the bottle
  • When (and let’s be honest, he’s going to do it) Biden tries to take credit for “creating 15 million jobs,” do a shot
  • When Trump points out that the vast major of those “jobs” were positions returning after the COVID lockdowns were lifts, take a sip
  • If that fact is brought up by either Tapper or Bash first, don’t drink anything…you’re either suffering from alcohol poisoning already or you’ve just witnessed history and will want to remember where you were when a CNN employee fact-checked a Democrat in real time
  • Same goes for if Joe is corrected when he repeats his lie about inflation or gas prices being lower than when he took office
  • Chug for 3 seconds if anyone informs the public that Biden drained the Strategic Petroleum Reserve to try to get prices down, endangering our national security in an attempt to win reelection
  • If Trump brings up Hunter first, do a shot
  • If Joe does, then Trump says something like his brother suffered from addiction and he’d never attack someone for getting clean, the criticism is about corruption, don’t drink at all because you might have just witnessed a turning point in the election
  • If Biden mentions Russia, do yourself a favor and don’t drink anything. He’ll likely mention Russia a lot, and claim Trump is somehow a tool of Putin because he thinks ending the war in Ukraine is a good idea
  • But do a shot if Trump points out that Democrats are absolutely in favor of an immediate ceasefire and negotiations in Israel, where Jews are defending themselves from a very recent terrorist attack, while calling the concept of even broaching the subject of a negotiated ceasefire in Ukraine an affront to democracy without explaining how that is
  • Don’t, however, drink enough to try to make sense out of this, otherwise you will die
  • If Trump actually behaves take two shots
  • If Biden doesn't have a senior moment take two shots

So why were debates moved before conventions?
As has been noted, only the first debate will be before the convention (and any candidate who meets the criteria can participate, although only Trump and Biden have done so). It was CNN's idea: https://cnnpressroom.blogs.cnn.com/...d-former-president-donald-j-trump-on-june-27/
That does not answer my question. But if you like let me rephrase it:
Why was the first debate moved before convention? What is the reason for that? And what is the reason for not giving the reason?

As has been noted, only the first debate will be before the convention (and any candidate who meets the criteria can participate, although only Trump and Biden have done so). It was CNN's idea: https://cnnpressroom.blogs.cnn.com/...d-former-president-donald-j-trump-on-june-27/
My guess is this.
Given the current situation, nobody needs a debate. The sooner one is held, the more likely it is to attract eyeballs. That makes it more profitable for people trying to sell their cars and prescription meds and fast food.

Capitalism at it's finest.
Tom

You think that no answer is worse than some random noise you just produced?

Brandon is getting worse;

Italian Prime Minister Giorgia Meloni walked over and guided a wayward President Biden after he strolled away from a photo opportunity at the G7 Thursday. The president and other world leaders were gathered to view parachute jumpers who descended from the sky while displaying the flags of allied nations – in a show of unity and military prowess. Some of the leaders were still clapping as one blue-clad parachutist unhooked some of his gear, when Biden started slowly walking away. At that point Meloni jumped into action, walking over to the president to guide him back to the shot which would show all the leaders together.

Daily Mail

He looks every day of his 81years, he is out of it, totally confused and lost.

He's not going to make it to November.

*edit. To be fair, he has traveled a fair bit the past few days and he is sure to be tired. But still, he is not up to the job of POTUS.
It sounds like President Biden had a moment of confusion at the G7 event, which prompted Italian Prime Minister Giorgia Meloni to help guide him back. While traveling extensively can be exhausting, concerns about his fitness for office are understandable given his age and recent behavior.
Moment of confusion? Really? For saluting someone in jest? Regarding the parachutist, Biden was talking to the parachutist. This was photoshopped.

I'd recommend to people to be suspicious of the media.

The Deceptive Biden G7 video was quickly debunked, but TSwizzle was taken in by it anyway. SAd.
In what way was anything debunked? The old duffer wandered off with that dopey, vacant look on his face. How do you debunk “he looks every day of his 81 years”?
Debunked here in the first minute of the video.

I dunno. I mean, yes, the edited video makes it look worse... but even in the full video it doesn't look good. Biden still wanders off from what he's supposed to be doing, and everyone else in the group looks uncomfortable by it. That person in pink still has to go retrieve him and redirect his attention back to what he's supposed to be paying attention to.

I get what you're saying here... but I'm not sure there's a meaningful difference to most of the independents in the country. It's a choice between:
Biden got confused and wandered off and made everyone else look confused and uncomfortable until someone retrieved him and brought him back to the important thing he was supposed to be paying attention to.
and
Biden got distracted by something else and wandered off and made everyone else look confused and uncomfortable until someone retrieved him and brought him back to the important thing he was supposed to be paying attention to.

You are about to be listed into Trump supporters and murderers of ukrainian babies.
By the way, original video was not edited. It just had different angle.

Why was the first debate moved before convention? What is the reason for that? And what is the reason for not giving the reason?
From Wikipedia: Jen O'Malley Dillon, the Biden campaign manager, laid out three reasons ... indicating that the debates weren't completed until early voting started, that the debates had become "a spectacle" and that the CPD [the former sponsor] could not "enforce its own rules"

From Wikipedia: Jen O'Malley Dillon, the Biden campaign manager, laid out three reasons ... indicating that the debates weren't completed until early voting started, that the debates had become "a spectacle" and that the CPD [the former sponsor] could not "enforce its own rules"
wikipedia article does not say any of that and what you said she said does not address my question anyway.

Why did they move the first round of debates before convention?

So taking a few strides is wandering off now?

If someone has to rush to get you back, then yes.
Again, if you honestly don't see anything "odd" there, then you should be worried about your own mental problems. MSNBC hosts do not have any mental problems, they are simply lying. Lady in the end of the clip is also lying when she says that BS about Putin and LGBTQ nonsense, complete garbage, why did she feel she needed to bring this garbage, I don't know.
They are all pathological liars and hacks. Same with FoxNews, it's just that sometimes they say something opposite of MSNBC&Co which is true by mere fact being opposite of the false. All of them have no problems lying.

Last edited:

If someone has to rush to get you back, then yes.
So taking a couple of steps is "rushing". Is this the New English like there is the new math? The new math works for me, but I'm apparently slow in this New English. Words appear to mean the opposite of what they meant before.
Again, if you honestly don't see anything "odd" there, then you should be worried about your own mental problem.
We had a video put forth where it was intending to make it look like Biden was walking away towards nothing. Another video showed him taking a few steps towards a line of parachutists that were all looking at him. He wasn't walking away, no one had to rush to get him. A staffer redirected him towards the camera.
MSNBC hosts do not have any mental problems, they are simply lying.
They didn't present misleading video coverage. Cameras are following the President all the time. If edited or clipped video is the worst we see, I'm not shaking in my boots regarding his competency. This shit is a repeat, I've seen it before in 2016 with Hillary Clinton and the allegations about her health and competence.

So taking a couple of steps is "rushing".
Yes.
We had a video put forth where it was intending to make it look like Biden was walking away towards nothing. Another video showed him taking a few steps towards a line of parachutists that were all looking at him. He wasn't walking away, no one had to rush to get him. A staffer redirected him towards the camera.
That's nice that you agree with my original assessment of the original and official video which was not cropped/cut or edited in any way. But next time you should agree immediately, not after the other video "explains" everything.
They didn't present misleading video coverage.
They absolutely did. Any mentally normal person see what I and Emily Lake see.
If edited or clipped video is the
It was not edited nor clipped.

This shit is a repeat, I've seen it before in 2016 with Hillary Clinton and the allegations about her health and competence.
No it's not. I never said she was senile. She is still not senile. She is stupid and an asshole but she is not senile.
Who else is old but not senile? Jimmy Carter is not senile, even though he is a democrat and much older than Biden.

Last edited:
This shit is a repeat, I've seen it before in 2016 with Hillary Clinton and the allegations about her health and competence.
No it's not. I never said she was senile. She is still not senile. She is stupid and an asshole but she is not senile.
barbos, you ain't the only person on the planet. The allegations being made by the alt-right against Biden are a repeat, re-mix of the allegations made by the alt-right against Hillary Clinton... whether you agreed with it or not. You clearly have an agenda regarding Biden and America in general, at least the rational portion that remains.
Who else is old but not senile? Jimmy Carter is not senile, even though he is a democrat and much older than Biden.
How in the world do you know the mental status of Jimmy Carter?

OK, it looks like video WAS NOT cropped. WH merelly claims that there were other people but they can't provide the video showing them.
It's strange you said that because later you said the full video debunking this was all over the media.
Amazing how barbos claims no one is there and Biden is thumbs up'ing no one... and then video shows him thumbs up'ing parachutists, and barbos is still assuring himself that Biden is senile.
  • Dude took, what, six steps.
    • HE WANDERED OFF!
  • Biden thumbs up people that dived out of planes.
    • THERE WAS NO ONE THERE!
  • Staffer slowly steps up to him, and directs him to the camera.
    • SHE RACED AFTER HIM!
  • Seems innocuous.
    • HE'S SENILE!!!!

She's definitely not stupid. Inconvenient? Yes. Wrong? Sometimes. Stupid: definitely not stupid. Only a fool would think otherwise.

Back
Top Bottom