• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

The Race For 2024

This charade can’t go on for much longer. Brandon is going to be sidelined pretty soon.

Vice President Trump will have to carry on.

He is a convicted felon, like Trump is he not?
False equivalence. Hunter was convicted of screwing up (lying on) a form. Trump is a career criminal whose legacy of fraud, deceit and mob tactics goes back half a century and beyond.
Yeah they’re both American males, they both have felony convictions, and that’s about where it ends. Trump is a malevolent, malignant, misogynistic racist with a room temperature IQ.
And, Hunter Biden is not attempting to take over the US gov’t.
I was merely responding to Elixir's comment that he would prefer Hunter to Trump despite him being a convicted felon.
So? I was merely adding another difference between the two.

Hilarious, Pelosi is even older than Brandon :ROFLMAO:

She did step down as Speaker. She also knows that forcing Biden out rather than having him voluntarily leave will be a disaster for the Democrat that replaces him. So Democrats feel trapped. Republicans ought to feel the same with their candidate, but that's not how they roll. If Biden were the Republican candidate, they would all fall in line behind him. Democrats tend to have higher standards.

I wonder who Harris will pick as a running mate. Oh please let it be Newsom :ROFLMAO:

If it comes to that, she will likely pick the person that she thinks would give her the best chance to beat Trump. In 2020, she was that person, and he did end up beating Trump.

She did step down as Speaker. She also knows that forcing Biden out rather than having him voluntarily leave will be a disaster for the Democrat that replaces him. So Democrats feel trapped. Republicans ought to feel the same with their candidate, but that's not how they roll. If Biden were the Republican candidate, they would all fall in line behind him. Democrats tend to have higher standards.
Cool story bro.

I wonder who Harris will pick as a running mate. Oh please let it be Newsom :ROFLMAO:

If it comes to that, she will likely pick the person that she thinks would give her the best chance to beat Trump. In 2020, she was that person, and he did end up beating Trump.

she probably won’t pick Newsom but a boy can dream.

Stacy Abrams wouldn't be a bad idea, in fact, she if tied for tops my list of two. The only issue is lack of elected federal experience. But she definitely has her toes well dipped into the federal political machine. Gretchen Whitmore would be the other. They both provide strategic geographic (EV) benefits.

This charade can’t go on for much longer.
Indeed. WTF is this?!
Donald Trump this week said:
Mothers will never again be forced to watch their children overdosing and hosp--lee. And we will never allow mothers to watch their child hopelessly dying in their arms, screaming, 'What can I do? What can I do? Help me God, what can I do?' We are a nation whose once revered airports are a dirty, crowded mess.
Is Trump going to manage the border and save us from drugs? Drug deaths of Americans spiked during his administration (below). Fentanyl related deaths doubled under Trump's watch. And let's not forget how crime shot up when he was President.

db491-fig1.png

The other candidate wants to be a dictator and the Supreme Court just gave him their blessing.
Why is it so hard to avoid ridiculously disingenuous hyperbolization? Can you not defend your position and your candidate without such rhetoric?
Why is it so hard to understand that it's not hyperbole? Have you looked at Project 2025? And remember that it's just how much of the quiet part they have said out loud?

The other candidate wants to be a dictator and the Supreme Court just gave him their blessing.
Why is it so hard to avoid ridiculously disingenuous hyperbolization? Can you not defend your position and your candidate without such rhetoric?
Another case of you not paying attention but trying to speak authoritatively.
How about you post some actual real definitive proof of the Supreme Court giving Trump their blessing to be a dictator, rather than just asserting it to be true and expecting that everyone will accept your interpretation to be 100% accurate and unbiased truth?
The immunity decision. He's not accountable for any "official" act, even blatantly illegal ones. We have a system of checks and balances and that has already been pretty much scrapped.

I can't think of anyone who has more recklessly destroyed his own life, and now he's influencing his father on the future of this country? Maybe Joe really does believe that Hunter is "the smartest guy I know." :eek:
I can only think of a few people who have fucked up their lives worse than Hunter has fucked up his life.
But I'd VASTLY prefer Hunter Biden for President (or you or me for President), before the Republican wannabe dictator.
The unbridled greed, mendacity, cruelty and lust for power of one candidate would totally make me hope that their sheer incompetence would prevent the actual worst from happening. (As it narrowly did last time that mistake was made. Only a million "excess" American deaths seems like a small price to pay in retrospect.).
I admit to being puzzled by your comment that you would vastly prefer Hunter Biden as president (presumably over Trump). He is a convicted felon, like Trump is he not?
You complain incessantly that Trump is a convicted felon yet say that you would vastly prefer to have a different convicted felon as president.
And Hunter B by his actions has shown that he has unbridled greed, mendacity, cruelty and lust for power. That should disqualify him from consideration.
Hunter was convicted on something that shouldn't be a crime.

Why is it so hard to understand that it's not hyperbole? Have you looked at Project 2025? And remember that it's just how much of the quiet part they have said out loud?
Emily Lake clearly has missed all of the latest Supreme Court rulings that were a power grab for the courts and provided a route for the anti-government regulatory big business wing to stroll into SCOTUS with their brand new line item veto pen. She is unfamiliar with Project 2025. Emily Lake allegedly supports birth control and abortion rights, but wants to do it "the right way". In general, my daughter is growing up in a world that'll be more hostile to her because of people like Emily Lake.

What's even more interesting is that the ruling itself is agnostic with respect to which president - it applies to any and all presidents. So if you really want to stick to your guns on your bespoke chicken-little interpretation, allow me to point out that by your logic, the Supreme Court has given BIDEN their blessing to be a dictator too.
Yes, it has. I don't see anyone saying it doesn't. It's just he's not the type to actually use that power.

Indeed. WTF is this?!
Mothers will never again be forced to watch their children overdosing and hosp--lee. And we will never allow mothers to watch their child hopelessly dying in their arms, screaming, 'What can I do? What can I do? Help me God, what can I do?' We are a nation whose once revered airports are a dirty, crowded mess.
Is Trump going to manage the border and save us from drugs? Drug deaths of Americans spiked during his administration (below). Fentanyl related deaths doubled under Trump's watch. And let's not forget how crime shot up when he was President.

db491-fig1.png
I wouldn't blame him for that--there's a major confounder in that fentanyl has mostly driven out heroin and it has properties that make it hard to measure adequately. Fentanyl (and opiate in general) deaths have shot up because it's a more dangerous product.

Indeed. WTF is this?!

db491-fig1.png
I wouldn't blame him for that--there's a major confounder in that fentanyl has mostly driven out heroin and it has properties that make it hard to measure adequately. Fentanyl (and opiate in general) deaths have shot up because it's a more dangerous product.
Just in case you haven't been paying attention, there are a lot of online ads saying Biden is responsible for the Fentanyl crisis.

My point was, the massive jump occurred under Trump, not Biden. Much like how crime went up under Trump, not Biden. This isn't to say the POTUS is responsible for either... but when the anti-Biden ads go on about violence, crime, and drugs... and you look at the stats, Trump's record is a shit!

NYT Editorial board now says Trump is unfit to lead. I guess that makes two of them that NYT says are unfit to lead.

TRUMP UNFIT TO LEAD

A once great political party now serves the interests of one man, a man as demonstrably unsuited for the office of president as any to run in the long history of the Republic, a man whose values, temperament, ideas and language are directly opposed to so much of what has made this country great.

Guess they are still reticent to directly refer to him as The Felon, a career criminal, a mob boss, a cheater in all aspects of life or a liar plain and simple.
But it's all there, buried between way too many lines.

Back
Top Bottom