• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

The Race For 2024

It looks like Trump has a good cnance of getting reelected.

God, metaphorically, help us.
Nominated, maybe. Installed, perhaps. Elected? Not so much.
In his first campaign I was saying no one could possibly be voting for Trump in big numbers, he was obviously ill prepared and incompetent.

I was wrong and the mediadid not take him seriously treating him like a joke.

The joke was on us.

The word is overused, but Trump is a fascist in the mold of Mussolini.

From hisl ast interview and his public comments he is onvuisly mentally ill, he is a child.

Donald Trump Vows to 'Totally Obliterate' Rivals if He Wins 2024 Election

He is spiraling out of control and I don't believe he will be a candidate for a major party in the next election. The good news is that his absence will suppress the vote on the right.

Speaking in front of several American flags, Trump commented: "I will appoint a real special prosecutor to go after the most corrupt president in the history of the United States of America Joe Biden, and the entire Biden crime family. Name a special prosecutor. And all others involved with the destruction of our elections, our borders, and our country itself, they're destroying our country."

He is spiraling out of control and I don't believe he will be a candidate for a major party in the next election. The good news is that his absence will suppress the vote on the right.

Speaking in front of several American flags, Trump commented: "I will appoint a real special prosecutor to go after the most corrupt president in the history of the United States of America Joe Biden, and the entire Biden crime family. Name a special prosecutor. And all others involved with the destruction of our elections, our borders, and our country itself, they're destroying our country."
“… but it’s totally wrong to go after your political rivals!”

Trump's absence will suppress the vote on both sides, since a lot of Democratic votes are motivated by opposition to letting Trump back anywhere near the presidency. However, likely Republican voters will be more likely to vote for Trump's replacement than likely Democratic voters for Biden. DeSantis would certainly draw a larger crowd then Trump would have simply because he isn't Trump. A lot of Republicans who had fled from Trump might well feel it's not so bad to vote for an untested whacko just to see what he could get away with. He wouldn't have as many lawsuits cluttering up his schedule.

Cornel West seeking Green Party nomination for presidential run | The Hill
noting

Cornel West on Twitter: "“In the spirit of …"" / Twitter
“In the spirit of a broad United Front and coalition strategy, I am pursuing the nomination of the Green Party for President of the United States. Go to http://cornelwest24.com for more information to continue to support this unprecedented effort to empower precious poor and working people here and abroad. I thank the volunteers of the People's Party for the initial launch!”
Linking to his campaign page: Cornel West for President - still largely a copy of the People's Party home page: People's Party

But he'd have to get the Green Party's nomination for that party to support him.

Cornel West Leaves MPP For Green Party - YouTube hosted by podcaster Katie Halper

In the 90s West called blacks who mainstreamed in the economy 'plantation Negros'.

All the while making money promoting himself in the free market economy. I saw him as a hypocrite. A mix of Marxist rhetoric and relgion.

The usual anti free market capitalism who exploits the free market economy. A

He does realize that the most corrupt President in the history of the US would have had Trump die in a car crash (or pushed out a window... a big one) already, not a slow roll judicial investigation including grand juries and judges, right?

Doesn't Sibling Cornell understand that in the US system (unlike the system used in, say, France) his minor party candidacy only benefits the major candidate less aligned to him?
Or does he understand as is doing it anyway, because of hubris (like Ralph Nader) or some more nefarious motives?

This is who you are going to vote for?

A babbling President Joe Biden gave a speech Friday where he joked about being 110, told the crowd 'God save the queen' and deployed some of his greatest hits - such as the verbiage: 'don't make me a dog-faced lying pony soldier.' Biden paid a visit to West Hartford, Connecticut to headline the National Safety Communities Summit, a gun control event where he was introduced by Connecticut Sen. Chris Murphy, who's long been involved in the issue. However he ended the speech with the bizarre reference to Queen Elizabeth II, nine months after he went to her funeral, and then motioned to aides asking which way to leave the stage to take photos.
The pool reporter chronicling the trip sent out a note to the press saying that he and the other reporters had 'no idea' why the president mentioned the queen, who has been dead since September.

Daily Mail

And he tried to cop a feel of Eva Longoria :oops:

Still some life left in the ol' rascal.

Seriously, is there anyone here that think Brandon is going to be the nominee? Newsom is just giddy with excitement at the though of the Big Guy dropping out.

The Daily Mail just hired Boris Johnson as a columnist, so it is difficult to take it seriously.

A babbling President Joe Biden gave a speech Friday where he joked about being 110, told the crowd 'God save the queen' and deployed some of his greatest hits - such as the verbiage: 'don't make me a dog-faced lying pony soldier.' Biden paid a visit to West Hartford, Connecticut to headline the National Safety Communities Summit, a gun control event where he was introduced by Connecticut Sen. Chris Murphy, who's long been involved in the issue. However he ended the speech with the bizarre reference to Queen Elizabeth II, nine months after he went to her funeral, and then motioned to aides asking which way to leave the stage to take photos.
The pool reporter chronicling the trip sent out a note to the press saying that he and the other reporters had 'no idea' why the president mentioned the queen, who has been dead since September.

Daily Mail

And he tried to cop a feel of Eva Longoria :oops:

Still some life left in the ol' rascal.

Seriously, is there anyone here that think Brandon is going to be the nominee? Newsom is just giddy with excitement at the though of the Big Guy dropping out.

Oh! Oh! Dementia! He was talking about songs and mentioned the actual song title God Save the Queen. He's being doing that kind of thing for a long time while joking around, especially when he gets tired.

Looks like Christie is taking Desantis votes in NH.

DeSantis heads to Nevada for some balls.

It's the annual lamb testicle Basque Fry, a headline writer's favorite went.

Will there be a better option?
Not in the Democratic primary for sure. You have a choice between an old man who forgot he is not a British subject any more (or that they have a king now), a crackhead with a weird voice who hates vaccines and nuclear power, and a weirdo new age witch. I guess I'll take Biden.

Brandon is a big Sex Pistols fan. Got it.
🎶 Brandon is a punk rocker
Brandon is a punk rocker
Brandon is a punk rocker now
🎵
[I know, wrong band]

I too don't think Biden was making a very timely Gen X pop culture reference here, lmao.

Not in the Democratic primary for sure. You have a choice between an old man who forgot he is not a British subject any more (or that they have a king now), a crackhead with a weird voice who hates vaccines and nuclear power, and a weirdo new age witch. I guess I'll take Biden.
That antivax chemtard is more popular among Trumpers than among liberals. So he is definitely just noise in the primary.

That antivax chemtard is more popular among Trumpers than among liberals.
Since COVID you are probably right. But there has been a longstanding antivax movement on the Left, especially among the more new agey.
So he is definitely just noise in the primary.
~20% is a bit more than noise.
I agree RFK the Lesser would be mere noise were Biden not so damn old and unpopular or if someone more credible had decided to primary him.

So that’s a yes?!! Hilarious.

Unfortunately our system is set up that quite often the best bet is to vote for the least bad option.

And I’m smart enough to know that voting for a candidate with exactly zero percent chance of winning doesn’t make any sense.

And opting not to vote expecting that to send some kind of message to the government is also an exercise in futility.

Would Biden be who I want in 2024? No. But considering the other options I will indeed vote for him.

Edited to add: if it were Chris Christie as the other option I would be willing to look a little deeper at his record and listen to what he had to say. But everyone else I’ve seen is ridiculous.

Back
Top Bottom