• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

The Race For 2024

The current strategy of keeping Harris out of the spotlight and not having interviews seems to be working. The less she is exposed to the public the more likable she is. Unfortunately even the press has noticed that she's staying out of the spotlight, and not just the "right-wing" press.

Some of the groups her campaign tried to organize sure are interesting. White Dudes for Harris ... for some people everything is about race. Still, it must have been amusing when some older Democrats misunderstood and showed up in white robes.

“I’m not putting black people in ovens — yet!” would be a wonderful sound bite for Harris.

Some of the groups her campaign tried to organize sure are interesting. White Dudes for Harris ... for some people everything is about race. Still, it must have been amusing when some older Democrats misunderstood and showed up in white robes.

Nah, it’s about exactly the opposite — showing that not all white dudes are racist.
“I’m not putting black people in ovens — yet!” would be a wonderful sound bite for Harris.

Why would that be?

White Dudes for Harris ... for some people everything is about race. Still, it must have been amusing when some older Democrats misunderstood and showed up in white robes.

I'm a White Dude for Harris.
I'm not easily "organized", especially on the Internet.
(Check with the IIDB staff, ask for Gospel)

I don't really like Harris that much. I've no interest in having a beer. My favorite thing about her is that she kicks ass when it's necessary.
That's now.

Trump is falling apart because she is undeniably better at running a campaign and a country.
Tom

Nah, it’s about exactly the opposite — showing that not all white dudes are racist.

It's about showing that younger Democrats aren't as racist as older ones?

Why would that be?
Isn't it obvious?

Anyway, since she picked an old white man as her running mate, the core of the Democratic Party may now find her ticket acceptable.

Why would that be?
Contrast with the camp that wants to put black people in ovens TODAY.
If the Biden administration gets its way no one will have any ovens to put anyone in. Or so I am told by reputable news sources.
ELECTRIC fucking ovens, Okay?? 😡
Please, no self-respecting, red-blooded, patriotic American would bake anyone in an electric oven. Not even his worst enemy!!

Just maybe if Elon Musk makes them.

Why would that be?
Contrast with the camp that wants to put black people in ovens TODAY.
If the Biden administration gets its way no one will have any ovens to put anyone in. Or so I am told by reputable news sources.
ELECTRIC fucking ovens, Okay?? 😡
Please, no self-respecting, red-blooded, patriotic American would bake anyone in an electric oven. Not even his worst enemy!!
The fuss last year was all about gas stoves, not ovens. Only Elixir got all worked up about gas ovens, to the point where he blocked me for asking why he was so worked up about them. He never did answer my question, which is further proof that I don't answer questions. I guess he has a particular interest in gas ovens.

Just maybe if Elon Musk makes them.

I have an electric oven, and The Donald is welcome in it any time.

It's about showing that younger Democrats aren't as racist as older ones?

No.

Why would that be?
Isn't it obvious?

No.

Wife is watching a Hallmark movie. It just occurred to me that a lot of Hallmark bad guys a a dead ringer for Vance. Come to think of it, a lot of bad guys in other movies too.

Wife is watching a Hallmark movie. It just occurred to me that a lot of Hallmark bad guys a a dead ringer for Vance. Come to think of it, a lot of bad guys in other movies too.
My ex wife was a big-time soap opera watcher. The good guys were scruffy-looking, and you could always tell the bad guy because their hair was always coiffed and they wore expensive suits. If they had a beard or a goatee? They were probably the ringleader or his son.

Banning price gouging (whatever in the world that means in practice) is not identical to price controls.
It's government telling market participants what prices they may charge. How is that not a form of a price control?
Depends on the form. We don’t know what “banning price gouging” in practice means. It may mean mandating prices. It may mean limits on the rate and frequency of price changes. It may mean punishing fines based on profits. Or something else.

Derec said:
It's a cartoon. There are many well-regarded journalists she can sit down and have an interview with.
IMO Twitter is for twits even after its name change.
Sorry, but he's right.

If you prohibit price gouging it goes from being expensive to not being available. This should be obvious as it's a case of demand exceeding supply--you either need to raise supply (a price that encourages people to create or bring it in, or do other such things--I once was in a town were a gas station got a lot of heat over the price they charged for gas when everyone else was closed by a power outage. Owner's response--it's recouping the cost of his preparedness in being able to run the pumps on a generator) or lower demand (make it more expensive.)

Monopoly situations are different. Monopoly + important should be regulated. (Even pseudo-monopoly: being the sole source of a generic drug. It takes months for someone else to get approval.)

Back
Top Bottom