• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

The Race For 2024

Happy birthday Brandon!

As he turned 81 on Monday, Joe Biden was presented with unwelcome gifts: more polling showing him struggling against Donald Trump, his likely opponent next year who is just three and a half years younger but whom many fewer Americans think is too old to be president. In its US Election Watch Report for November, the Morning Consult polling organisation said Trump is gaining ground among key voter segments including Black, Hispanic and young Americans. “Throughout 2023, Trump has made up ground with Joe Biden in our head-to-head tracking by improving his margins” among such groups, also including independents, it said. On Sunday, NBC said Biden’s approval rating had reached its lowest point, 40%.

Teh Gruaniad

He will be 82 come November 2024. He doesn't look like he can finish his first term never mind a second term. As one wag put it, he's six years older than the state of Israel!

Brandon will be forced to drop out soon. Newsom 2024!!

but he is a thin-skinned dictator.
Aren't they all?
Regardless of skin thickness, is it likely that Xi would be bothered by someone affirming his absolute power in government?

Absolutely. That's not the issue. The issue is that we want to cool down relations between the US and China so that we can reestablish some kind of stability in the region. That was the whole point of the trip that the conference was called to announce the success of. Biden didn't have to deny that Xi was a dictator. All he had to do was not take the bait of a gotcha question from a reporter. There are many, many ways to not answer gotcha questions including just ignoring the question and answering one that he wish had been asked, but Biden chose not to try any of them.

Last edited:
He will be 82 come November 2024. He doesn't look like he can finish his first term never mind a second term. As one wag put it, he's six years older than the state of Israel!

Hate to break it to you son but your ochre Hitler is 3 years older than Israel and can't drink a bottle of water. A self aware fossil is infinitely preferable than a fuckwit who thinks "Person Man Woman Camera TV", is a mark of genius.

It would be great if Newsom ran, but not before Biden gives him the Medal of Freedom for all his excellent work.

I still don't understand the logic of claiming that Biden is "too old" in support of another candidate who is also old as the hills. Even if it were true that an age gap of three years makes a meaningful difference in a conversation about a position with a four year term, they've also been making this argument now for almost six years. If Biden was "too old to run" in 2018, when he was 75, then Trump, currently 77, is now also too old to run. He missed the window and both of them must now retire.

I would not exactly object to this plan. But it isn't the plan, is it?

I realize that balancing an equation, or planning a budget, are beyond the average Republican voter and have been for a long time. But adding and subtracting? Is that really too much to ask?

A problem may be that Joe Biden does not seem as vigorous as Donald Trump. That may be why JB seems too old.

A problem may be that Joe Biden does not seem as vigorous as Donald Trump. That may be why JB seems too old.
Seriously? Put Trump on a bicycle or have him play golf without a cart once. I am never going to understand what some people describe as charismatic or vibrant.

Vigorous? Trump has struggled for a decade now to put together a syntactically correct sentence one time in three.
Your are correct, but Trump shouts and makes strong statements that his cult finds attractive. There is nothing logical about why people support Trump, but what I've read is that his loud mouth makes him seem younger to his cult members. I don't get it either, but not much makes sense in this country these days.

The thing that's getting to me today, among other things, is people like Governor Kemp, blasting Trump and some Republicans even admitting Trump's a threat to democracy, but when asked if they will vote for him, if he's the nominee, they say, "Yes". I just don't get it. I get the dumb ass cult members who think the coastal liberal elites don't care about them, who constantly watch or listen to far right nonsense, but I don't understand people like Kemp supporting him when they know damn well how dangerous Trump will be if he gets a second term.

Vigorous? Trump has struggled for a decade now to put together a syntactically correct sentence one time in three.
Your are correct, but Trump shouts and makes strong statements that his cult finds attractive. There is nothing logical about why people support Trump, but what I've read is that his loud mouth makes him seem younger to his cult members. I don't get it either, but not much makes sense in this country these days.

But I think it makes a kind of weird sense that people see loudmouthed selfish behavior as a sign of youth. Part of the process of becoming mature is learning to keep that kind of behavior in check--to think about the impact on others. Children throw temper tantrums. Adults try to calm them down. Trump keeps himself in the spotlight all the time and blames others whenever his hand is caught in the cookie jar. Those are not signs of maturity.

The thing that's getting to me today, among other things, is people like Governor Kemp, blasting Trump and some Republicans even admitting Trump's a threat to democracy, but when asked if they will vote for him, if he's the nominee, they say, "Yes". I just don't get it. I get the dumb ass cult members who think the coastal liberal elites don't care about them, who constantly watch or listen to far right nonsense, but I don't understand people like Kemp supporting him when they know damn well how dangerous Trump will be if he gets a second term.

How else is he to keep the vote so many loyal Trump supporters if he doesn't bend the knee himself? Georgia is a very purple state, so he really can't afford to anger Trump supporters too much. People don't mind if his leash is longer than that of other Republican politicians, just as long as he stays on the leash.

How else is he to keep the vote so many loyal Trump supporters if he doesn't bend the knee himself? Georgia is a very purple state, so he really can't afford to anger Trump supporters too much. People don't mind if his leash is longer than that of other Republican politicians, just as long as he stays on the leash.

“Sure, Trump is a threat to destroy democracy, but saying I won’t vote for him is a threat to my job! Besides, he won’t get elected so no harm done. I already saved y’all from him once!”

But I think it makes a kind of weird sense that people see loudmouthed selfish behavior as a sign of youth. Part of the process of becoming mature is learning to keep that kind of behavior in check--to think about the impact on others. Children throw temper tantrums. Adults try to calm them down. Trump keeps himself in the spotlight all the time and blames others whenever his hand is caught in the cookie jar. Those are not signs of maturity.

Elixir had it right in the last pos

Still, It's not just people like Kemp. There was list of them in an article I read. Some are retired. Some were members of his cabinet. None of them have the courage to say they won't vote for him, or even say, I'm not ready to make a decision or something like that. Of course, we really don't know who they will vote for when they actually vote, but saying in public that that they don't want Trump to be the candidate and he's dangerous, but yeah, sure I'll vote for him.....It's crazy..

Elixir had it right in the last pos

Still, It's not just people like Kemp. There was list of them in an article I read. Some are retired. Some were members of his cabinet. None of them have the courage to say they won't vote for him, or even say, I'm not ready to make a decision or something like that. Of course, we really don't know who they will vote for when they actually vote, but saying in public that that they don't want Trump to be the candidate and he's dangerous, but yeah, sure I'll vote for him.....It's crazy..

I didn't find much difference between what I said and what Elixir said. I suppose some of it has to do with just saying to a pollster whatever they think will set liberal hair on fire.

Back
Top Bottom