• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

The Race For 2024

Too bad you weren't on the negotiating team.
No kidding!
Actually, Dwaiat didn't succeed in killing anyone.
So? She still stabbed people just because they were Israeli.
She only moderately wounded one of the men with her knife and attempted to stab the other. The man she wounded initially then shot her in self-defense.
Good!
She was only a teenager back then. Perhaps she is no longer considered such a threat after 8 years in an Israeli prison. She's had time to reconsider the wisdom of her action.
Being 18 is not an excuse. I do not see any evidence she (or any of the other released terrorists) have any remorse or have changed their views. She may not do something like this again herself, but she will very likely teach her children to glorify terrorism.

By the way, this article gives backgrounds on some other prisoners being released by Israel for the hostages.
Stabbings, bombing plots: The Palestinian prisoners expected to be released in Hamas deal
YNet said:
Also on the list is a 16-year-old girl from East Jerusalem who, at the beginning of last week, received a 12-year prison sentence from the Jerusalem District Court for stabbing Moriah Cohen in December 2021 in front of her five children. The girl, who is expected to be released from Israeli prison, was convicted of attempted murder, terror offenses and obstruction of justice.
Fatma Bader attempted to stab security guards in February at the entrance to the settlement of Ma'ale Adumim. Bader advanced toward the security guards armed with a knife, prompting them to shoot her in the legs, which caused her minor injuries.
The list also includes Muhammad Abu Qatish, a 17-year-old youth who last year stabbed a 20-year-old man in Jerusalem, injuring him seriously. Abu Qatish, who was shot by a police officer in the Sheikh Jarrah neighborhood after a chase, was sentenced to 15 years in prison.
[...]
Asra Jabas, 38, was sentenced to 11 years in prison after being convicted of detonating a gas tank that led to the injury of a police officer at a checkpoint near Ma'ale Adumim in 2015. During her time in prison, Jabas requested cosmetic reconstruction surgery at the expense of the state for the injuries she sustained in the explosion. Her request was denied.
[...]
Also on the list is Ataf Jaradat, 50, who knew in advance that her son, Muhammad Jaradat, was planning to carry out a shooting attack in which 25-year-old Yehuda Dimentman was murdered near Homesh in 2015. After the attack, she aided in hiding the murder weapon.
Another potential releasee is Yasmin Shaaban, 40, from Jenin, who, in 2014, planned to disguise herself as a pregnant Jewish woman and detonate an explosive vest. She was arrested along with several residents of the West Bank cities of Jenin and Tul Karem who planned to carry out terror attacks in Tel Aviv and other locations.

There are more in the article, this is just a selection. Very big difference between these terrorist thugs and innocent civilians taken hostage.

Bilby knew perfectly well that TSwizzle got the name wrong deliberately. He was only making a snarky comment about TSwizzle's repeated use of a worn-out joke after three years.
Did he? I don't know. He is from Down Under, and sometimes does not get our jokes on this side of the Pacific.
Also, it's two years, and still popular I think.

Last edited:
["missed it by that much"]
A bit before my time.

Your cartoon is somewhat significant if the margin was closer to 50/50, or if there were more than two participants. But the reality is it was an extremely wide margin from so many of the polls as to make them virtually useless.
On the contrary. The cartoon is relevant exactly for probabilities like this one, that are high enough that they should not be dismissed but low enough that many people dismiss them. Just like you are doing.

I grouped the candidates' death probabilities by term, with the one-member list being for 2024.
Both Trump and Biden are likely to die before the end of their third terms ...

Thanks for crunching the numbers for us though. It is quite telling that Biden is ~10x more likely to die before the end of his 2nd term (in 5 years) than VR is to die at the end of his 2nd term (in 9 years). And even a more realistic candidate like Hailey is ~7x less likely to croak.
Age does matter.

Worked for Aaron Burr.
Last I checked, Aaron Burr nearly got arrested for the duel, escaping only on the technicality that his victim died in a different state than he was shot in and neither state was willing to have an extradition battle over the matter. Nevertheless, he was an object of public scandal for the rest of his life, never again took serious office, engaged in a secret plot to create an independent state in a swamp, a plot which failed miserably and resulted in one of our young nation's first ever treason charges (take notes, Mr Trump), fled to Europe where he lived in a hovel on Craven Street (no joke), got exiled from Britain, barred from Napoleon's France, and returned to New York under an assumed name to dodge creditors, but had his cover blown just in time to face the humiliation of a divorce trial in which Hamilton's own son was representing his very angry wife (who would have rathered he had not pissed away her fortune) and died of a stroke the day the trial concluded. If that's success, I'd like to see failure.

Too bad you weren't on the negotiating team.
No kidding!

Right. It's about time that international negotiating teams recognized us internet bloviators for the valuable contributions we could make. They seem to always get things wrong, because they are too close to the actual facts.

Actually, Dwaiat didn't succeed in killing anyone.
So? She still stabbed people just because they were Israeli.

That's right. Just like Israeli Jews have thrown people out of their homes, stolen their land, and forced them to liven in ghettos because they were Palestinian Arabs. Dwaiat, a seasoned 18-year-old, should have been able to rise above all of that ethnic hatred.

She only moderately wounded one of the men with her knife and attempted to stab the other. The man she wounded initially then shot her in self-defense.
Good!

So maybe that's why the Israelis, knowing what they know about her, decided to release her. You, of course, aren't in touch with why they made their decision to include her in the list.

She was only a teenager back then. Perhaps she is no longer considered such a threat after 8 years in an Israeli prison. She's had time to reconsider the wisdom of her action.
Being 18 is not an excuse. I do not see any evidence she (or any of the other released terrorists) have any remorse or have changed their views. She may not do something like this again herself, but she will very likely teach her children to glorify terrorism.

Possibly. All we have to go on is your intimate knowledge of her life, her thoughts, and the reasoning behind those who included her on the list of people to be released by the Israelis. I can't imagine that there could be facts and circumstances here that you aren't aware of. 🙄

By the way, this article gives backgrounds on some other prisoners being released by Israel for the hostages.
Stabbings, bombing plots: The Palestinian prisoners expected to be released in Hamas deal

Gosh. What are the Israelis thinking? Could it be that they are aware of facts that you know nothing about? Don't they follow social media??

YNet said:

There are more in the article, this is just a selection. Very big difference between these terrorist thugs and innocent civilians taken hostage.

Yep. If it were up to you, I have the feeling that the whole deal would be off and Israel would be back to killing and maiming thousands of more Palestinian civilians running around in panic to find safety while the Hamas kidnappers sit underground in their tunnels with their hostages. What were all those diplomats and negotiators thinking?

Bilby knew perfectly well that TSwizzle got the name wrong deliberately. He was only making a snarky comment about TSwizzle's repeated use of a worn-out joke after three years.
Did he? I don't know. He is from Down Under, and sometimes does not get our jokes on this side of the Pacific.
Also, it's two years, and still popular I think.

Yeah, those Aussies are really completely clueless when it comes to America. They have no idea what happens in our obscure little country. It's not like we are all over the internet, social media, in the movies, in the news, on TV, and flooding their country with tourists every day, is it? Yeah, TSwizzle has kept the meme alive, so it must still be popular everywhere. :sadyes:

Biden fills his administration with competent folks who are loyal to the USA.
Overall, the Biden cabinet is better than the Trump cabinet.
However, Biden disappointed too. Take Energy. Obama's two secretaries were both physicists with background in energy technology and policy. Biden appointed a career politician with degrees in political science, French and law, and zero energy experience. I would be surprised she if she understand the difference between energy and power or can name at least two of the laws of thermodynamics. But she has the politically correct set of genitals, and identity politics, identity politics über alles, über alles in der Welt ...
And can you explain in what way the department of energy has suffered because of her appointment? I’m honestly asking Because I am unfamiliar.

And can you explain in what way the department of energy has suffered because of her appointment? I’m honestly asking Because I am unfamiliar.

That's the thing.
I've never heard of her either. I like that in a department head. Quiet competence is highly preferable, to me, over spectacular messes.

I don't care about what she has degrees in. I can't say I'm wild about current U.S. energy policy. Quite the contrary. But the problem is obviously not competence in the department. It's Americans continuing to insist on energy stupidity.
Tom

Biden fills his administration with competent folks who are loyal to the USA.
Overall, the Biden cabinet is better than the Trump cabinet.
Ya think, Derec? Are you sure? Slightly better, the way filet mignon is a slightly better meal than dog poop?

No, let's get to the bottom of this. How many in Trump's cabinet were criminals, convicted or not? Criminals in cabinet -- Good idea in your view?

However, Biden disappointed too. Take Energy. Obama's two secretaries were both physicists with background in energy technology and policy. Biden appointed a career politician with degrees in political science, French and law, and zero energy experience. I would be surprised she if she understand the difference between energy and power or can name at least two of the laws of thermodynamics.

Maybe. But probably you're wrong; [removed]

How do you rate Trump's first Energy Secretary, by the way? How many laws of physics did he know?

But she has the politically correct set of genitals,

You are predictable; I'll grant you that. But why not throw in a "bar girl" or "Pocahontas" while you're typing? Getting lazy?

Last edited by a moderator:
Misogyny as a political position does seem to be coming into its own, here in the age of the “I’m not a trumpsucker”.

Ya think, Derec? Are you sure? Slightly better, the way filet mignon is a slightly better meal than dog poop?
I'd be more generous. Filet mignon vs. fast food hamburgers maybe?
No, let's get to the bottom of this. How many in Trump's cabinet were criminals, convicted or not? Criminals in cabinet -- Good idea in your view?
At the time of their appointment? I don't know. You tell me. If they are not convicted, at most you have suspicions of criminal activity anyway.
Trump's education secretary did one thing right though - she changed Biden/Obama era sexist policy of making it easy to expel male students based on very little evidence.
Maybe. But probably you're wrong; you're so used to the stupid people in the Ilk you support, you've lost touch with the very concept of competence.
Which "stupid people" do I allegedly support, pray tell?
How do you rate Trump's first Energy Secretary, by the way? How many laws of physics did he know?
Not very highly. I did not ask him about laws of nature. At least animal science requires taking some actual science classes like physics, bio and chemistry, unlike pol sci and French.
Trump's second energy secretary had much more energy policy experience though. He worked for the Department of Energy under W, for House Energy and Commerce Committee as well as for Ford.
You are predictable; I'll grant you that. But why not throw in a "heels up" or "bar girl" or "Pocahontas" while you're typing? Getting lazy?
I do not think positions should be handed out based on race and/or gender but based on competence, background and experience. Be it running mates, SCOTUS justices, US Senators from California or cabinet secretaries. If that makes me "predictable", so be it.
You continue the tradition of bringing up the "bar girl" thing over and over again, and then pretend that is something I do. When I in reality only brought the point up a couple of times since her election (5 years ago now) when it was relevant to my point that she wasn't using her fancy private college economics degree in her professional life.
And, you are wrong about Thin Lizzie Warren's Indian name. It is "Fauxcachontas". Of the Wannabe tribe.

Misogyny as a political position does seem to be coming into its own, here in the age of the “I’m not a trumpsucker”.
Saying that cabinet posts (as well as other positions such as SCOTUS seats etc.) should not be based on somebody's gender (as well as race) is not "misogyny". Why do you think Granholm, with no energy background whatsoever, was the best person for this job? Can you even articulate a reason?

It seems that absent surprises, the primaries for both parties are essentially over. RFK Jr has switched from Democrat to Independent (even though I was told he was actually a far-right Q-anon plant). Nikki Haley and Ron DeSantis are strangling each other's attempts for the strong second that might make it possible to go beyond the first few states.

If I were a Democrat, I'd say "it is time to pretend to like one of the non-Trumps, to say (s)he isn't so bad and we could accept that one." It would be a lie, but it would be a way to promote that person to the point of maybe challenging Trump. That would mean not criticizing that one person, which is a very difficult thing obviously.

That completely lack of criticism from the news would make that one look good enough to challenge Trump, but the news isn't able to restrain themselves enough to work on such a plan. Can you imagine CNN pretending any Republican isn't that bad? Neither can I.

Maybe. But probably you're wrong; you're so used to the stupid people in the Ilk you support, you've lost touch with the very concept of competence.
Which "stupid people" do I allegedly support, pray tell?

You tell us you didn't vote for Trump and, under the rules we must pretend to believe you. But in 99% of your writings here you adamantly take the same side of issues as QOPAnon does. Assuming you have friends that you discuss politics with, you certainly encourage them to vote for the QOPAnon Party even if you don't.

You are predictable; I'll grant you that. But why not throw in a "heels up" or "bar girl" or "Pocahontas" while you're typing? Getting lazy?
I do not think positions should be handed out based on race and/or gender

You provided no evidence that she was picked because of her gender, but wrote "she has the politically correct set of genitals." From here it looks like you'd condemn any female appointed by Biden on those grounds. That makes YOU the one with a gender test: Appoint a male or Derec will whinge.
You continue the tradition of bringing up the "bar girl" thing over and over again, and then pretend that is something I do. When I in reality only brought the point up a couple of times

A "couple of times"? Do you honestly believe it was only twice? Should we make it a bet?
Do you remember that I needed to link to her Wikipedia page before you even knew she'd had other employment?

And you got tired of calling her "bartender" so started on "bar maid" or "bar girl" pretending not to know that in American diction these terms are belittling.

I've shoved your misogynism back in your face enough that you've finally stifled yourself.

You still trot out "heels up" and other misogynistic insults. Maybe that's one reason why you ally so closely with Donald Trump, even if we all need to pretend that you're not part of his Ilk.

Why do you think Granholm, with no energy background whatsoever, was the best person for this job? Can you even articulate a reason?
Because she was appointed by a person who
A: knows more about the job requirements and the candidates’ capabilities than you or I, and
B: has the best interests on America in mind, unlike the guy you say you didn’t vote for.

Get a clue.

Back
Top Bottom