• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

The Race For 2024

It (meaning traditional outlets) are attempting to report things straight down the middle when IMO this nation is in a serious crisis. They've made no adjustments. It's as if it were Dole vs. Clinton, both of whom were legitimate candidates, rather than a legitimate candidate vs. a self-proclaimed would-be tyrant.

I don’t think that’s the way news reporting is supposed to work. You want all news to be controlled by the state offering one view. Who’s the tyrant now?

We are in a crisis now. A crisis that Biden created.

What crisis are we in that Biden created?

You want all news to be controlled by the state offering one view.
Black is white and up is down. Do you not even realize that your boy is the only candidate promising to do what you say above?
We are in serious trouble, due to that sort of irrational stupidity pervading the electorate.

This has been my biggest gripe about the media; they've abdicated their responsibility to report what the consequences will be with another Trump "presidency" under the guise of being objective.

lol. What do you think the consequences will be if Trump gets re-elected?
Retraction of protections for minorities and elimination of protected access to birth control.

I don’t see that happening.

I'm not talking about the right wing propaganda outlets; those disgusting abusers of the First Amendment don't count and we all know who they are.

It's the traditional media outlets who have utterly shit the bed when it comes to informing the public of what's actually happening.

Since I don’t watch the news much, what is actually happening, what am I missing?
Trump's rising Christian Dominionist language at his campaign events.

I have not seen any of his campaign events and probably won’t see any so I wouldn’t know. I’ll have to check on here for examples of it.
No you won't.

This has been my biggest gripe about the media; they've abdicated their responsibility to report what the consequences will be with another Trump "presidency" under the guise of being objective.

lol. What do you think the consequences will be if Trump gets re-elected?

And there's plenty of stuff out there telling you of the evil buried in this.

I saw a Pennsylvania poll result recently, though Google doesn't pop it back for me now.

It showed numbers both before and after the guilty verdict. Trump fell significantly but about half of Trump's losses went to RFK, Jr. not Biden! :flooffrown: That left Biden and Trump in a 40-40 tie.

(Google shows many other Pennsylvania polls, but Before/After pairs are especially informative, if conducted with the same methodology.)

Pennsylvania and Michigan are MUST-WIN states for Biden. Most of the other swing states have BOTH houses of state legislature controlled by GOP, and doubtless will suffer from major attempts at cheating. (I'm not sure about Wisconsin: it has two GOP-controlled Houses and the state GOP is already planning voter-suppression, but I'm not sure their GOP has been completely taken over by criminal fascist MAGA-turds.)

The Polymarket betting market now shows Trump 56-34 over Biden, the biggest spread I've seen. Betfair shows 53-36.

I read today that Trump is planning on meeting with some far right christian group to discuss a way to eliminate all abortions, including those that were the result of rape or incest, or if the life of the mother is in danger or the fetus can't survive.....How did this happen? How backwards will this country go if the crazy man is elected? It amazes me how anyone with an IQ over 70, can support this man. *sigh*

Retraction of protections for minorities and elimination of protected access to birth control.

I don’t see that happening.
Because you have right wing blinders on.

The Felon has already hinted that he will go after contraception.
I don't think he gives a darn about any of that. But the people behind him at this point very much do. A number of the justices he appointed have demonstrated how partisan they are.

“The Faux Noise channel”?
ROFL.
Are you seriously trying to claim you aren't a fan of Faux Noise?
OK I'll play along with your denial.
Faux Noise
Fox News (unfair, unbalanced, spin zone, no news, all opinion all the time)
See, you ARE a Faux watcher. 'Democrats are pure evil' This idea was unknown till Faux came along.
It’s not the job of the news media to campaign for your preferred candidate. Although most of them did in 2016 and 2020 and they weren’t even subtle about it. I expect they are much the same this time
But that is what Faux's job is. And not even subtle about it. Edward R. Murrow is rolling in his grave.

Have others noticed that many of the "reputable(?)" anti-Trump channels on YouTube have video names that are complete lies? Garbage like "Trump sent to prison" even though nothing in the video connects to that lie? Click-bait to get ad revenue is more important than providing facts for undecided Americans?? What gives?

But "Trump literally foaming at the mount" IS based on fact:

(I've marked it to start at the foaming.)

It amazes me how anyone with an IQ over 70, can support this man. *sigh*
Hatred is a hell of a drug.

Yes. It gives a sense of power and of purpose.

Are other people obstructing what you want (aka "oppressing me")? Hate them, troll them. That way you get a spurious sense of power by imagining you can manipulate their reactions ("haha, gotcha libs!").

Is reality not to your liking? Reject it, make up conspiracy theories about what "they" are doing to make reality seem different than it "really is". It's easy if there are millions of others doing the same. You can join the movement and feel special and meaningful and like there's a great cause that you're a part of.

“The Faux Noise channel”?
ROFL.
Are you seriously trying to claim you aren't a fan of Faux Noise?
OK I'll play along with your denial.
Faux Noise
Fox News (unfair, unbalanced, spin zone, no news, all opinion all the time)
See, you ARE a Faux watcher. 'Democrats are pure evil' This idea was unknown till Faux came along.

Nope never watch "Faux Noise". I do watch the local Fox LA for local news, sports, traffic and weather but I don't think that is what you are referring to?

It’s not the job of the news media to campaign for your preferred candidate. Although most of them did in 2016 and 2020 and they weren’t even subtle about it. I expect they are much the same this time
But that is what Faux's job is. And not even subtle about it. Edward R. Murrow is rolling in his grave.

You definitely watch "Faux Noise" more than I do.

Have others noticed that many of the "reputable(?)" anti-Trump channels on YouTube have video names that are complete lies? Garbage like "Trump sent to prison" even though nothing in the video connects to that lie? Click-bait to get ad revenue is more important than providing facts for undecided Americans?? What gives?

But "Trump literally foaming at the mount" IS based on fact:

(I've marked it to start at the foaming.)

After the Butker speech, I noticed a huge number of Facebook posts that had outrageously false claims, generally to the like of "*insert celebrity* to *do something in support of Butker*". The posts would have a large amount of likes and comments in support of this action. The links were always to websites with anonymous ownership and they listed their site as "satire" which I find offensive, as satire actually means something. It isn't a "get out of jail card" for obvious lies. Or at least it shouldn't be. Facebook appears to be a clearinghouse of misinformation.

I read today that Trump is planning on meeting with some far right christian group to discuss a way to eliminate all abortions, including those that were the result of rape or incest, or if the life of the mother is in danger or the fetus can't survive.....How did this happen?

Where did you read this, Motherjones per chance? I'm not saying it isn't happening but a link would be helpful.

It amazes me how anyone with an IQ over 70, can support this man. *sigh*

Are we all supposed to hold our nose and vote for Brandon and Harris because of a fairly minor issue in the grand scheme of things?

It (meaning traditional outlets) are attempting to report things straight down the middle when IMO this nation is in a serious crisis. They've made no adjustments. It's as if it were Dole vs. Clinton, both of whom were legitimate candidates, rather than a legitimate candidate vs. a self-proclaimed would-be tyrant.

I don’t think that’s the way news reporting is supposed to work. You want all news to be controlled by the state offering one view. Who’s the tyrant now?

Right now, the entire news reporting apparatus should be sounding the alarm, but they're not. As I said before, they lost the conservative audience years, if not decades ago, but there are millions of actual independents* and currently disinterested people they need to find a way to appeal to.

*About half of all claimed "independents" are MAGATs in poorly made skin suits.

What I'm talking about is negligence. We're a step away from tyranny and the media is turning a blind eye towards that in a frightened attempt to not be biased. It's a bullshit nod towards "professionalism" as an excuse to get ratings. It's outright cowardly. The freedom that the media has right now is in jeopardy yet it can't even act to try and protect that?

There are no "both sides" to the current circumstance. There's maintaining the republic and then there's authoritarianism. The media has a duty to report the truth and it's failing to do so.

Finally, I never said anything about the state controlling the media, but the great irony of your poorly written fiction is that outlets like Fox News would reap huge gains from a Trump/GOP raping of our most important institutions. Outlets like Fox News wouldn't have to worry about the government because they're already propaganda arms of fascism. They'd survive and thrive under an authoritarian government, much like the state controlled media in North Korea does now.

Right now, the entire news reporting apparatus should be sounding the alarm, but they're not. As I said before, they lost the conservative audience years, if not decades ago, but there are millions of actual independents* and currently disinterested people they need to find a way to appeal to.

*About half of all claimed "independents" are MAGATs in poorly made skin suits.

What I'm talking about is negligence. We're a step away from tyranny and the media is turning a blind eye towards that in a frightened attempt to not be biased.
Nah. That's just your paranoia at work. Unless you have some sort of evidence.

Finally, I never said anything about the state controlling the media, but the great irony of your poorly written fiction is that outlets like Fox News would reap huge gains from a Trump/GOP raping of our most important institutions. Outlets like Fox News wouldn't have to worry about the government because they're already propaganda arms of fascism. They'd survive and thrive under an authoritarian government, much like the state controlled media in North Korea does now.

I just can't with this nonsense.

What I'm talking about is negligence. We're a step away from tyranny and the media is turning a blind eye towards that in a frightened attempt to not be biased. It's a bullshit nod towards "professionalism" as an excuse to get ratings. It's outright cowardly. The freedom that the media has right now is in jeopardy yet it can't even act to try and protect that?

So I took a quick look at CNN and here is one of the first articles in their list;

President Joe Biden is in Europe, warning of totalitarian evil and the dangers to democracy. Presumptive Republican nominee Donald Trump is back home, seeking a favor from Russian strongman Vladimir Putin, mulling revenge and trashing US elections. The former president is making his 2024 opponent’s case — that the West is being challenged by unprecedented threats to the rule of law from hostile forces outside and in.

Biden defends democracy in Europe while Trump undermines it at home

Back
Top Bottom