• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

The Race For 2024

Brandon is getting worse;

Italian Prime Minister Giorgia Meloni walked over and guided a wayward President Biden after he strolled away from a photo opportunity at the G7 Thursday. The president and other world leaders were gathered to view parachute jumpers who descended from the sky while displaying the flags of allied nations – in a show of unity and military prowess. Some of the leaders were still clapping as one blue-clad parachutist unhooked some of his gear, when Biden started slowly walking away. At that point Meloni jumped into action, walking over to the president to guide him back to the shot which would show all the leaders together.

Daily Mail

He looks every day of his 81years, he is out of it, totally confused and lost.

He's not going to make it to November.

*edit. To be fair, he has traveled a fair bit the past few days and he is sure to be tired. But still, he is not up to the job of POTUS.

Last edited:

Italian Prime Minister Giorgia Meloni walked over and guided a wayward President Biden after he strolled away from a photo opportunity at the G7 Thursday. The president and other world leaders were gathered to view parachute jumpers who descended from the sky while displaying the flags of allied nations – in a show of unity and military prowess. Some of the leaders were still clapping as one blue-clad parachutist unhooked some of his gear, when Biden started slowly walking away. At that point Meloni jumped into action, walking over to the president to guide him back to the shot which would show all the leaders together.

Daily Mail

He’s definitely not as tuned in to photo ops as your upside down Bible boy.

If he makes it to July, we will get to see Trump chicken out of a debate. Even Cheato’s visceral little animal brain can sense that standing next to Biden reveals him as the mental midget he always was, but now with obvious early onset dementia.
No way will he let that be seen.

I am baffled that the intelligent posters at IIDB think a QOPAnon "proposal" is worthy of refutation, let alone any reaction but amusement or contempt.
It's not worthy of refutation, but amusement and contempt is deeply inadequate, when these people have non-trivial power, and appear to be on the cusp of getting more.

That contemptible little clown from Austria, with his Charlie Chaplain moustache and his ranting obsessions with such trivia as communism and jewry, was hugely amusing to intelligent Germans in the early 1930s.

Even the New York Times wants Brandon to drop out;

But the biggest win Biden will need will be domestic. It all leaves the president with one option that can be a win for America and, ultimately, his place in history. He can still choose not to run, to cede the field to a Democrat who can win — paging Josh Shapiro or Gretchen Whitmer — and do the hard and brave things it will take to secure security and peace for the free world. There’s still time, if only just. It would be a courageous, honorable and transformative legacy.

This is from an opinion piece by Bret Stephens titled "The Most Courageous Thing That Joe Biden Can Do"

This is behind a paywall.

I guess you read too many shitty rags like The Daily Mail to understand how The New York Times and papers like them work.

The Times DOES NOT want “Brandon” to drop out. This is an OPINION PIECE by ONE OF their columnists. Get it?

What “The Times wants” means the collective opinion of their editorial board (of which Stephens is not a part). The editorial board DOES NOT favor Biden dropping out, at least not at present.

Daily Mail

*edit. To be fair, he has traveled a fair bit the past few days and he is sure to be tired. But still, he is not up to the job of POTUS.
To be fair Biden does appear to walk off with the purpose of speaking to someone speaking to him. He spoke to whoever it was and then the prime minister came and got him to join the photo. They were probably all on a tight schedule.

Wow, according to the Daily Mail, that little snippet of out-of-context vid proves Biden is senile or something? He’s clearly greeting a parachutist.

Just another in a long line of Swizzle Fizzles.

Just another in a long line of Swizzle Fizzles.
No worries. There are a hundred lifetimes worth of straws for him to grasp at.
But yeah - at this point Swiz’s BDS is making him look almost as demented as Trump.

It is a sales tax on imported goods and services. Imports are a small portion of US spending (roughly 16 to 17 % of GDP).Given the size of the tariffs needed to try to increase revenue by a factor 2600%, US demand for imports would fall dramatically. So the revenue target would be impossible to meet.
Shhhhhhhhh...... We're talking to an adoring, cognitively limited audience.

I wonder if Swizzle will comment on the time Ronnie Raygun fell asleep on the pope, Bush the elder puked on the PM of Japan, and Donald Trump has made just about any public appearance in which he makes such an incoherent fool of himself that even lots of his MAGAt supporters are left shrugging their shoulders and shaking their heads. Like his recent diatribe about sharks and electric boats. Just imagine what Swizzle would say if Biden had babbled on like that.

I think I rather rustled your jimmies, you went bonkers with the quoting and formatting, leaving a lot of work to clean up.

YOU are what we used to call a "One-Issue Obsessionist." I'm not sure if you even care whether it is Trump or Biden who wins the November Election; you just want the "LP" to get 2% of the vote instead of 1%.

One of the two major Parties will win the White House in November. I was listing the cheating methods we can expect to affect that outcome.

When planning Presidential debates should we include only the two candidates likely to each get about 48% of the vote or also the guys who'll get 1% each? If the former, is that a feature or a bug? If the latter, should we also include candidates who'll get 0.1%? 0.01%? 0.0001%?
And I also listed cheating methods we can expect to affect the outcome. Even if third parties only operate as spoilers, those keep them from spoiling as effectively.

It sounds like you are saying that those last three methods of cheating are acceptable because they don't impact the two big parties. Hmm, and here I thought you might be against cheating, instead you are only against it when it impacts you.
Oh, criminy!! Start by answering the questions. Should the guy expecting 0.001% of the vote be allowed on-stage with the other debaters? Yes or No! Hunh? Hunh? Until you answer simple questions like that your comments are just garbled ad hominems.

Maybe I can save a round of rejoinders. Jason will argue that he knows the LP won't win in 2024, but with "fairness" they MIGHT get 10% of the vote in 2028 and in 2032 the U.S.A. will be gifted with a genius President who has no idea what we'll be using for money, but shutters the FedRes Banks on Inauguration Day!

But there's a flaw in your plan to throw the U.S. into chaos in 2033. Some intelligent observers worry that if Trump wins in 2024, the U.S. will not have any more free elections.
Anyone who is on enough state ballots so that those states sum at least 270 electoral college votes should be on the debate stage, which is anathema to someone who endorses the duopoly the way you do. Your reductio ad absurdum of 0.001% of the vote just shows that you do indeed support the duopoly.

Now, the "left" news sources say if Trump gets elected that would be the end of our democracy. The "right" news sources say that if Biden gets re-elected that would be the end of our democracy. I think that the country has wandered into banana republic territory years ago. The titanic is sinking and you are venting your spleen, stomach, bladder, and bowels about who should be captain.

That I point out that there are more forms of cheating than the one you listed angers you. That I point out you only oppose cheating that impacts you directly enrages you. But you don't refute them because you can't refute them.
First: I think any controversy will be about RFK, Jr. -- or is he also the "LP" candidate? But fine; List another dozen types of cheating if you wish: I was focused on cheating DELIBERATELY designed to give one of the two Parties an unfair advantage.
Like I said, cheating that impacts you.

Oh, criminy!! Start by answering the questions. Should the guy expecting 0.001% of the vote be allowed on-stage with the other debaters? Yes or No! Hunh? Hunh? Until you answer simple questions like that your comments are just garbled ad hominems.

Maybe I can save a round of rejoinders. Jason will argue that he knows the LP won't win in 2024, but with "fairness" they MIGHT get 10% of the vote in 2028 and in 2032 the U.S.A. will be gifted with a genius President who has no idea what we'll be using for money, but shutters the FedRes Banks on Inauguration Day!

But there's a flaw in your plan to throw the U.S. into chaos in 2033. Some intelligent observers worry that if Trump wins in 2024, the U.S. will not have any more free elections.
Anyone who is on enough state ballots so that those states sum at least 270 electoral college votes should be on the debate stage, which is anathema to someone who endorses the duopoly the way you do. Your reductio ad absurdum of 0.001% of the vote just shows that you do indeed support the duopoly.

Now, the "left" news sources say if Trump gets elected that would be the end of our democracy. The "right" news sources say that if Biden gets re-elected that would be the end of our democracy. I think that the country has wandered into banana republic territory years ago. The titanic is sinking and you are venting your spleen, stomach, bladder, and bowels about who should be captain.

That I point out that there are more forms of cheating than the one you listed angers you. That I point out you only oppose cheating that impacts you directly enrages you. But you don't refute them because you can't refute them.

I hear rational observers voice such concerns about the Nazi-like MAGA movement, which actually has MILLIONS of followers saying that they are willing to contest the election with violence if Trump loses.

Do you have similar examples for your "same-same" claim?? (I am NOT holding my breath.)

Before I answer you, I should point out that I wrote "they say that...", not "I say that..." so your very irate demand/question is better served towards them. If you actually know anyone who is conservative, even one, that you meet in real life, you should talk to that person. I doubt your social circle extends that far.

Also, you seem to think that only milling around the capital building for a few hours is the only way to "end democracy". We're supposed to trust your limited scope?

Your blood pressure seems to be rather high. Perhaps instead of holding your breath you take several deep breaths before you resume.

So, to answer your question, I don't know how they think Biden winning in 2024 will be the end of democracy, but they do think that. Just like you think Trump winning in 2024 will be the end of democracy. And I'm beginning to thing you're both right.[/i]

I think I rather rustled your jimmies, you went bonkers with the quoting and formatting, leaving a lot of work to clean up.

Wow. Make a screen-shot or whatever and show me where you think I misformatted. I don't see it.

If YOU have a question to which you need an answer, please be specific and strip away irrelevant content from quoted material.

"Rustled my jimmies" is new to me, but please also point to where I went "bonkers"!

This idea is so massively harmful to Anerican interests that it must have originated in a Russian troll-farm. It would do almost as much damage to the USA as a Russian strategic nuclear attack, but with the advantage (from Russia's point of view) that it wouldn't trigger a retaliatory response.
Disagree--never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity. And she is very, very stupid. Lower taxes and reducing imports are both right wing points, for Ms Soup Police to have combined them with this degree of stupidity doesn't strike me as requiring malice.

Daily Mail

Oh look everybody. Another TSwizzle Fizzle

It is a sales tax on imported goods and services. Imports are a small portion of US spending (roughly 16 to 17 % of GDP).Given the size of the tariffs needed to try to increase revenue by a factor 2600%, US demand for imports would fall dramatically. So the revenue target would be impossible to meet.
Shhhhhhhhh...... We're talking to an adoring, cognitively limited audience.
Apparently swiz et al. like Trump's tax proposal seeing where their posting foci are.

This idea is so massively harmful to Anerican interests that it must have originated in a Russian troll-farm. It would do almost as much damage to the USA as a Russian strategic nuclear attack, but with the advantage (from Russia's point of view) that it wouldn't trigger a retaliatory response.
Disagree--never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity. And she is very, very stupid. Lower taxes and reducing imports are both right wing points, for Ms Soup Police to have combined them with this degree of stupidity doesn't strike me as requiring malice.
There is plenty of malice in her but more so in the ALEC, Heartland Institute, Heritage Foundation money and media that are packing the house with people like her, bobo, gaetz, etc...

Back
Top Bottom