• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

The Race For 2024

More of The Felon channeling Hitler:

Gathering a list of workers that might oppose his takeover.
(Archive from The Washington Post, not paywalled.)
The Republicans have been testing a strategy for blocking the election: simply don't certify votes you don't like.

I can't believe these "major donors" are on the airwaves openly donking on their own candidate. Like, the bird has flown the coop, if you were open to considering another candidate, the time to talk about that was two years ago. There's no purpose in such talk now, it can only harm the Party to admit to doubts at all.

I remember a few weeks ago when everyone on this forum was dog-piling me for criticizing the Gaza genocide. I don't think that does nearly as much damage as this. Americans (at least secretly) like killing "bad people". They do not like being represented by someone who "looks weak", or who cannot control their Party.

I remember a few weeks ago when everyone on this forum was dog-piling me for criticizing the Gaza genocide.
Ahem! {{clears throat}}
I've been complaining for months about the Gaza genocide and the head of State who is continuing it to prolong his tenure and delay his accountability to the law.

I can't believe these "major donors" are on the airwaves openly donking on their own candidate. Like, the bird has flown the coop, if you were open to considering another candidate, the time to talk about that was two years ago. There's no purpose in such talk now, it can only harm the Party to admit to doubts at all.
Sunk cost fallacy?

So why debates were moved before the convention? :D

Well, I’m alarmed.
Joe is bombing early. Hard to watch. His voice is weak and almost unintelligible. Trump lies loudly, so clearly and constantly it almost sounds like he has three times the time that Biden has.

We’re fucked.
Honestly, I am not terribly upset.

Among the worst problems the Clinton campaign had, in 2016, was over confidence.

They really believed the polls. So did decent folks everywhere. They stayed home in droves. They wrote in Bernie Sanders. They were sure that Hillary would win.

As a result, abortion rights are gone and the Biden administration is still trying to reinvigorate the economy and Ukraine is fighting for it's life.

We'll see what happens this time. Just a few "We are Hamas" people in Michigan could make the difference.
Tom

Last edited:
Hilarious. Brandon’s age has been a concern for quite a while and anytime it was brought up, people were gaslit about it. On here, there are still A few posters who will pretend the old duffer is still capable of doing the job.

Finally, the NYT has stepped up and and said that Brandon needs to step aside. Oddly, the poster who is normally very generous to gift NYT articles to the IIFB board has skipped this article but the headline says it all.

Hilarious. Brandon’s age has been a concern for quite a while and anytime it was brought up, people were gaslit about it. On here, there are still A few posters who will pretend the old duffer is still capable of doing the job.

Finally, the NYT has stepped up and and said that Brandon needs to step aside. Oddly, the poster who is normally very generous to gift NYT articles to the IIFB board has skipped this article but the headline says it all.
Here you go, if you're curious. Not actually a lot to it, but that is never surprising these days.

Here you go, if you're curious.
lol. I can’t be bothered to read it. The NYT were gaslighting about Brandon’s age up until now. They weren’t the only ones but apparently now that the NYT has acknowledged Brandon’s struggles it’s okay to talk about it openly now. lol.

Oh dear, the legacy media has turned on Biden.

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution wrote that 'retirement is now necessary' for the 81-year-old incumbent - asking him to pass the torch to a more competent candidate.

There is no way Biden makes it through to November, no way.

This cruel charade is at last coming to an end.

Here you go, if you're curious.
lol. I can’t be bothered to read it. The NYT were gaslighting about Brandon’s age up until now. They weren’t the only ones but apparently now that the NYT has acknowledged Brandon’s struggles it’s okay to talk about it openly now. lol.
Makes me wonder when will they start blaming Brandon for blowing up Nord Stream and starting war in Ukraine.

‘WTF’: Panicked Dems start looking for alternatives to Biden - POLITICO - "Three strategists close to three potential Democratic presidential candidates said they were bombarded with text messages."
One major Democratic donor and Biden supporter said it was time for the president to end his campaign. This person described Biden’s night as “the worst performance in history” and said Biden was so “bad that no one will pay attention to Trump’s lies.”

“Biden needs to drop out. No question about it,” the donor said in a text message, proposing an alternate ticket led by the governors of Maryland and Michigan.

At least two prominent potential 2028 contenders — Illinois Gov. J.B. Pritzker and California Gov. Gavin Newsom — said they stood by Biden even after his performance.

Newsom, when pressed on MSNBC if Biden should step down, said that talk is “unhelpful” and “unnecessary.”

“You don’t turn your back because of one performance,” Newsom said. “What kind of party does that?”

Yes, it was Trump who started War in Ukraine, not Biden, right.
Actually, it was Putin.
I read a really interesting article about the many and various people who had reasons and the ability to blow up Nord Stream.
It mostly explained why people quite capable of doing it (it was not difficult) had major financial motivations.
Mostly USA suppliers of gas, but included a bunch of other things. The people who build the ships that get the gas to Europe made a stock market killing. Just one of many organizations who made zillions of bucks in the aftermath.
Tom

Biden’s Shaky Debate Performance Has Democrats Panicking - The New York Times - "President Biden’s shaky, halting debate performance has Democrats talking about replacing him on the ticket."
Over the course of 90 minutes, a raspy-voiced Mr. Biden struggled to deliver his lines and counter a sharp though deeply dishonest former President Donald J. Trump, raising doubts about the incumbent president’s ability to wage a vigorous and competitive campaign four months before the election. Rather than dispel concerns about his age, Mr. Biden, 81, made it the central issue.

Opinion | Kamala Harris Could Win This Election. Let Her. - The New York Times
Not long after the debate, Vice President Kamala Harris appeared on CNN with Anderson Cooper. Watching her calmly and methodically respond to a battering ram of questions from Cooper, it occurred to me: The obvious, logical path out of the mess President Biden created with his disastrous debate performance is for him to bow out with honor and endorse his young, vigorous and talented vice president to stand in his stead.

Memo Reveals Trump’s Plan to Slash the Size of the G.O.P. Platform - The New York Times - "In another sign of Donald J. Trump’s grip on the Republican Party, his team wants the party’s platform to be a succinct pro-Trump document, not an “unnecessarily verbose treatise.”"
The memo makes clear that the Trump team sees the Republican National Committee platform almost exclusively as a tool to outline a contrast with President Biden in the 2024 race rather than as a way to set longer-term goals for the party.
So it will be about him rather than about anything with larger scope than him, like the Republican Party. Or else, to paraphrase what French King Louis XIV allegedly said,

Le Parti républicain. c'est moi. ("I am the Republican Party")

Louis XIV of France - Wikiquote - the original is listed as "Disputed"

Yes, it was Trump who started War in Ukraine, not Biden, right.
Actually, it was Putin.
I read a really interesting article about the many and various people who had reasons and the ability to blow up Nord Stream.
It mostly explained why people quite capable of doing it (it was not difficult) had major financial motivations.
Mostly USA suppliers of gas, but included a bunch of other things. The people who build the ships that get the gas to Europe made a stock market killing. Just one of many organizations who made zillions of bucks in the aftermath.
Tom
Brandon promised to blow up Nord Stream on camera to journalists.

Major Democratic Donors Ask Themselves: What to Do About Biden? - The New York Times - "Some floated interventions and wondered about how to reach Jill Biden. Others hoped the president would bow out of the race on his own. Many came to terms with the low chances that he will do so."

Who Might Replace Biden on the Top of the Ticket? - The New York Times - "President Biden’s stumbling performance at the debate has spurred interest in replacements. Here’s a roster of some possible backup candidates."

VP Kamala Harris, CA Gov Gavin Newsom, MI Gov Gretchen Whitmer, IL Gov JB Pritzker, PA Gov Josh Shapiro, Tpt Sec'y Pete Buttigieg, NJ Sen Cory Booker, MN Sen Amy Klobuchar, KY Gov Andy Beshear, and also fmr First Lady, NY Sen, Sec'y of State HIllary Clinton and fmr First Lady Michelle Obama.

If anyone is going to replace JB, IMO, it ought to be KH. That's because she's officially next in line.

Opinion | Joe Biden Is a Good Man and a Good President. He Must Bow Out of the Race. - The New York Times
I watched the Biden-Trump debate alone in a Lisbon hotel room, and it made me weep. I cannot remember a more heartbreaking moment in American presidential campaign politics in my lifetime, precisely because of what it revealed: Joe Biden, a good man and a good president, has no business running for re-election. And Donald Trump, a malicious man and a petty president, has learned nothing and forgotten nothing. He is the same fire hose of lies he always was, obsessed with his grievances — nowhere close to what it will take for America to lead in the 21st century.

Could Democrats Replace Biden at the Top of the Presidential Ticket? - The New York Times - "While it is possible, it would most likely lead to political upheaval in the party unless the president decides to step aside on his own terms."

Fearful and Doubting Biden, Democrats Face an Uncertain Path Forward - The New York Times - "A range of despairing Democrats began to reconsider their nominee after his rough debate showing, but there was no agreement on how, or whether, to urge him to step off the ticket."

Who Won the Presidential Debate Between Biden and Trump? - The New York Times - "A halting debate performance by President Biden left Democratic strategists reeling, raising questions about his fitness to stay in the race."
“It was a really disappointing debate performance from Joe Biden. I don’t think there’s any other way to slice it. His biggest issue was to prove to the American people that he had the energy, the stamina — and he didn’t do that,” Kate Bedingfield, Mr. Biden’s former White House communications director, said on CNN.

“Biden is even whiffing on his easy pitches — abortion and Jan. 6. I mean, my God,” said Matt Gorman, a Republican strategist and former senior adviser to the presidential campaign for Senator Tim Scott of South Carolina.

“Look, I debated Joe 7 times in 2020. He’s a different guy in 2024,” Andrew Yang, a Democratic presidential candidate in 2020, said on the social media platform X, adding the hashtag #swapJoeout.

“Former President Trump stuck to his factually incorrect messaging points tonight, but President Biden wasn’t capable of counteracting them in real time in a convincing way,” said Henrietta Treyz, managing partner and director of economic policy research at the consulting firm Veda Partners.

Back
Top Bottom