• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

The shooting of Keith Lamont Scott, and aftermath

Right! Right. And the cops knew that when they shot him.
Who is saying he knew it? You and others keep repeating this straw man every time there is a shooting of a criminal and every time it is explained to you.
His criminal record tells us about who he is, what kind of person he is, much more than the filtered portrait his family provides.
It also gives more information to assess likelihood that the police vs. family version of events is true. If he has a criminal record going back to 1992 with an 8 year stint at prison for shooting somebody then it is much more likely that the police is truthful and family full of shit.

See, this "shoot them first and justify it later" plan is BULLSHIT.

It's bullshit.

If the cops didn't know it RIGHT THEN, then it isn't valid as their reason for deciding to shoot him dead.

Only a psychopath would think it was okay to shoot people without knowing whether there's a good reason, and then claim it was okay to do it based on something they learned later.

Bullshit.

You are mixing up cause and effect. The cop did not shoot him because he had a criminal record but his past makes it more likely he behaved in a way that caused the cop to shoot him with justification.

How is that more outrageous than the constant kneejerk defending of uniformed murderers around here?
There seems to be so many of these incidents this year that I have lost track.

How many police have been found guilty of murder in all these cases?

Can't he just wait for his son in the apartment? Why wait in the car inside the apartment complex?

In my old residence there was a school bus stop just a few feet from my driveway. Do you think that any of those kids or their parents should have had carte blanche to enter my home and make a sandwich with the stuff I had in my fridge?

In my old residence there was a school bus stop just a few feet from my driveway. Do you think that any of those kids or their parents should have had carte blanche to enter my home and make a sandwich with the stuff I had in my fridge?
Huh? I literally have no idea what your point is here? Who said anything about neighbors and sandwiches? Normally school bus lets kids out and they walk the short way to their actual home. They don't need to be chauffeured for the last quarter mile or however long the way is.

Huh? I literally have no idea what your point is here? Who said anything about neighbors and sandwiches? Normally school bus lets kids out and they walk the short way to their actual home

This doesn't exactly need Dirac brackets to figure out - you're chastising him for not waiting in an apartment when there's no evidence presented that he lived in an apartment in the complex. The bold statement betrays a clear understanding of the point being made.

They don't need to be chauffeured for the last quarter mile or however long the way is.

Clearly indicative of the inherent laziness of these sorts of people.

This doesn't exactly need Dirac brackets to figure out -
No, they certainly do not help.
you're chastising him for not waiting in an apartment when there's no evidence presented that he lived in an apartment in the complex. The bold statement betrays a clear understanding of the point being made.
I said the apartment, not an apartment. They are obviously living in the apartment complex. Why would the son take the bus to a different apartment complex anyway? And in her video rant, Lyric YourAdorable is seen walking between the yellow tape and their apartment and it's a really short distance.
So, I am still wondering what the point of waiting for the son in the car was in the first place.

I did not say that, obviously. I still wonder what the story is because that's not what usually happens.

you're chastising him for not waiting in an apartment when there's no evidence presented that he lived in an apartment in the complex. The bold statement betrays a clear understanding of the point being made.
I said the apartment, not an apartment. They are obviously living in the apartment complex. Why would the son take the bus to a different apartment complex anyway? And in her video rant, Lyric YourAdorable is seen walking between the yellow tape and their apartment and it's a really short distance.
So, I am still wondering what the point of waiting for the son in the car was in the first place.

I did not say that, obviously. I still wonder what the story is because that's not what usually happens.

Maybe they had to go somewhere? You are wasting your time with stuff you have absolutely no idea about.

It's bullshit.

If the cops didn't know it RIGHT THEN, then it isn't valid as their reason for deciding to shoot him dead.

Only a psychopath would think it was okay to shoot people without knowing whether there's a good reason, and then claim it was okay to do it based on something they learned later.

Bullshit.

You are mixing up cause and effect. The cop did not shoot him because he had a criminal record but his past makes it more likely he behaved in a way that caused the cop to shoot him with justification.

Wrong.

You are trying to use prior bad acts to excuse a preconceived belief you have made all to clear that you hold. Black men never get the benefit of the doubt when shot because they all are predisposed to bad behavior, dangerous behavior, behavior worthy of summary execution.

Well you know who else has prior bad acts?

Cop Who Shot Terence Crutcher Has History Of Drug Use, Domestic Disturbances

She is a woman, so you can always hate on her too, like you usually do.

You get to hate on the killer and the killed. This is a red letter day for you.

The school bus stops are chosen based on the maximal accessibility of individuals, so the apartment building is an obvious choice for a stop. Which part of that hour long video that you linked established the ownership of the apartment? Surely the family could have gone to an apartment that a friend or relative lived in.

Why you're so hung up on this point is curious. If he wanted to pick up his son and drive him 1/4 of a mile or 14 feet is irrelevant.

Why you're so hung up on this point is curious. If he wanted to pick up his son and drive him 1/4 of a mile or 14 feet is irrelevant.
It is irrelevant to the justification of the shooting, but may be relevant to the issue of blaming the victim.

All the white folk at the trailer court at the bottom of my street sit in their cars (dangerously close to the intersection and oblivious to traffic safety) smoking their cigarettes in their saggy sweatpants so they can pick up their kid and drive 1/4 mile back to their single-wide. (The kids whose parents do not pick them up walk foolishly on the wrong side of the road).

I'm surprised that you're surprised by this.

no. Is yours?
1. Don't have one.
1b. Specifically, I never had to serve 8 years for shooting somebody
2. I wasn't shot by police for "reading a book".

So, no on both counts.

You have a very long history of criminal conduct in prostitution that you discuss publicly. Although you've never served time for it (white privilege?) If you're ever shot, we'll know it was a "good shoot" because of your record of criminal behavior.

It's bullshit.

Bullshit.

So does Shelby's history of domestic disputes, hypocritical drug use, harassment of her husbands ex-wives, and numerous complaints of excessive force factor into your thoughts at all?

Lets hear it.

Oh! right! Right. The police knew this when they shot him. Forgot.

What I always find rather telling about these cases is how - according to the boot-lickers - the police are so omniscient they know every detail a someone's criminal history just by looking at them, but simultaneously so deaf, blind and stupid they can't tell if a person is armed or not, retreating or not, holding his hands up or not...

They are black. That tells them everything they feel they need to know.

- - - Updated - - -

So does Shelby's history of domestic disputes, hypocritical drug use, harassment of her husbands ex-wives, and numerous complaints of excessive force factor into your thoughts at all?

Lets hear it.

Shelby is hardly the first shooting cop to have a record, either. The shooter of Tamir Rice had a lengthy record hidden behind his badge. Oddly, Loren and Derec did not draw any conclusions from it.

Hardly.
You are trying to use prior bad acts to excuse a preconceived belief you have made all to clear that you hold. Black men never get the benefit of the doubt when shot because they all are predisposed to bad behavior, dangerous behavior, behavior worthy of summary execution.
No, they are not all predisposed to bad behavior, but those with lengthy criminal record that includes violent crimes and a felony are. Of course, you want to muddle the waters by playing the race card.

Wrong thread. Although her history likely played a role in her getting charged that quickly. So, yes, history matters, although hers wasn't nearly as bad as Keith Scott's.

She is a woman, so you can always hate on her too, like you usually do.
Baseless accusation. Like almost everything you write.

Back
Top Bottom