• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

The shooting of Keith Lamont Scott, and aftermath

They probably omitted that fact, along with a zillion facts that are irrelevant to the issue of justification. But it is telling that you felt the need to point it out.
You do not think the dead guy's criminal history is relevant here?

They probably omitted that fact, along with a zillion facts that are irrelevant to the issue of justification. But it is telling that you felt the need to point it out.
Whether the shooting is justified depends solely on what actually happened. So, his criminal history is not relevant just like his history of anything else. It is relevant to speculation or to blaming the victim. BTW, how come you haven't alerted everyone to the number of children he has fathered or his shoe size?

We finally know what book he was supposedly reading. Lyric YourAdorable repeatedly yelled he was reading a "motherfucking book". So obviously it had to be ...
odo.jpg

Oh wow. Now it's Trump's fault. I wonder if there's an an Internet law about how soon Trump will be associated with anything that goes wrong. Seems whatever the bad thing is, it's Trump, Trump, Trump. The only "Trump" factor I see out of this is that these "protests" will ensure he takes NC in November.

Worst case of failed reading comprehension I've seen in a while.

You're the one with an erection for Trump, not me.

Ksen definitely is.
I'll defend it.

Come back when you and other conservatives learn the fucking difference between describing why a situation is happening and justifying it.
a. Not a conservative
b. I understand the difference.

Until then you're just arguing against a position no one is fucking holding and you're demonstrating how profoundly willfully ignorant you are.
Ksen is holding that position at the very least, since he admitted it.
These cops also need to have their eyes put out.

Nobody should be defending that shit!

I'll defend it.

If agents of the state want to continue acting with impunity sometimes the only way to get their attention is to cause a disturbance.

You defend someone burning down my business - bankrupting my family, and starving my children - because they are mad at the government?

You defend this? Really?

Want this shit to stop? Start holding police accountable.

You defend people holding entire communities - communities they claim to care about - as hostages to advance their own political agenda?

You defend this? Really?

No, because LD isn't an idiot.

We have idiots though... some even think that an individuals past history, completely unknown to an LEO, should bear on that LEO's response to said individual, and post hoc, to judgment of that response. Yes, we do have idiots ...

Supposedly, NC has a new law that forbids the footage from these devices from being released for public viewing. I wonder if that's so the police can make up any shit they want. If the videos from the cameras aren't released, we may never know if the man was armed or the police planted a gun on him. It's gotten to the point, where I don't believe much of what the police are saying when such incidents occur. I'm a little old white woman and I am scared of the police. I can only imagine how black men in this country feel when they are stopped by the police.

It's ashame the riots became violent, but as one who lived through the so called race riots of the last 60s and early 70s, I do understand that when people feel frustrated, and angry, they sometimes do very irrational things. And, I imagine that most of those who protested didn't intend to loot or become violent. A number of bad guys spoil it for others. The same goes for the police. Most of them might be decent officers, but a small number of them have caused a lot of us to distrust police.

One more thing that's a bit off topic. Most southern states have open carry laws. Why is so easy for white people, mostly men, to open carry without any issues but when a black man openly carries, he's automatically assumed to be a criminal? Just sayin'.
This is a second case of a black man being in legal possession of a weapon (don't even need a permit in NC for open carry) being killed for having it.

- - - Updated - - -

Worst case of failed reading comprehension I've seen in a while.

You're the one with an erection for Trump, not me.
It's okay. Trump suffers from the same problem.

I'll defend it.

If agents of the state want to continue acting with impunity sometimes the only way to get their attention is to cause a disturbance.

You defend someone burning down my business - bankrupting my family, and starving my children - because they are mad at the government?

You defend this? Really?

You defend people holding entire communities - communities they claim to care about - as hostages to advance their own political agenda?

You defend this? Really?
How is that more outrageous than the constant kneejerk defending of uniformed murderers around here?

You defend this? Really?

You defend this? Really?
How is that more outrageous than the constant kneejerk defending of uniformed murderers around here?

That of course is irrelevant to the fact that your position is downright disgusting and morally and ethically bankrupt.

You defend this? Really?

You defend this? Really?

That of course is irrelevant to the fact that your position is downright disgusting and morally and ethically bankrupt.
Right, so not more disgusting than kneejerkingly defending uniformed murderers.

You defend this? Really?

You defend this? Really?

Is the kneejerk defense of police who shot people downright disgusting and morally and ethically bankrupt? If so, please point to your posts displaying such a judgment. If not, then why should anyone value this particular judgment of yours at all?

This is a second case of a black man being in legal possession of a weapon (don't even need a permit in NC for open carry) being killed for having it.

Hang on - this is an open carry state?
So WTF is wrong with the guy having a gun!?

No, because LD isn't an idiot.

We have idiots though... some even think that an individuals past history, completely unknown to an LEO, should bear on that LEO's response to said individual, and post hoc, to judgment of that response. Yes, we do have idiots ...

Speak for yourself (about being idiots). LEOs respond to situation as it unfolds, but Scott's lengthy criminal history affects how likely police version of events vs. family version of events is. I.e. him being a thug makes it more likely that he was behaving like one when police told him to drop his gun. Scott's criminal history tells us a lot about what kind of man he was, and it does not really jibe with the portrait offered by the family.

Back
Top Bottom