• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

The shooting of Keith Lamont Scott, and aftermath

I feel sad for United States. :( Although I have seen even small, elementary age, kids walking from the bus stop by themselves. Sometimes there is an adult walking with them, but they are certainly not chauffeuring them for a quarter mile. The only legitimate reason to drive just quarter of a mile, as far as I am concerned, is this.
There are plenty of reasons people pick their kids up from a bus stop. Maybe the kid is not feeling well. Maybe the kid has a lot to carry. Maybe the kid has an appointment he or she needs to get to. Maybe the parent and child are going shopping somewhere or just to get a treat.

How do I know these things (outside of basic reason and sympathy for parents) - I have picked up my children from a school less than a quarter of a mile from my home in order to take them somewhere.

Your inability to imagine life in someone else's shoes is both truly sad and truly revealing.

Last edited:
I still think it's weird, given the short distance. But apparently some people do it.
The scenario I have come up with is that perhaps the son had trouble with a local gang or something. That would also explain why Scott was packing heat. Of course, the family can't admit that because he is a felon and they are fully committed to the book narrative now.

How the hell can it be strange to pick up your kid at the bus stop in a car?
I explained it. School bus stops are many and well within walking distance for kids.
Just admit that it might not be strange, its ok, I won't hold it against you.
There may be a good explanation, sure.
Btw, do you have kids?
No. I always wear a condom.
Do you have any idea of a logistics hell that can be sometimes?
I can imagine! Which is why it makes even less sense to chauffeur them for a 1/4 mile every afternoon. They have two working legs and should use them. I rarely used a bus in my day - I usually walked or biked and my middle and high schools were both about 2 miles from my house.
Hey derec, if a hooker is only a 1/4 mile from the seedy hotel do you give her a lift or do you make the lazy bitch walk?

I still think it's weird, given the short distance. But apparently some people do it.
The scenario I have come up with is that perhaps the son had trouble with a local gang or something.
Leave it to Derec to come up with a scenario that vilifies black people. Of all the millions of possible explanations of why the parents would be picking their child up at the bus stop, Derec jumps to "local gangs" as the explanation.
It's a art.

Someone said that NC passed a law that makes it illegal for police to release their video tapes of criminal incidents. MSNBC reported that that law does not go into effect until October. I feel not releasing the videos is helping fuel the unrest.

CtH3lxmXYAAvb-E.jpg

Abolish the police? And who will enforce law? Oh yeah, police is called "militia" in communist countries.
depositphotos_12342440-Soviet-police-car.jpg

Note that Monica Moorehead (the WWP presidential candidate) is also wearing Colin Kaepernick's #7 jersey ...

Derec was front and center in condemning Tamir Rice's mothers on exactly that point,
Where have I condemned him for not being under constant adult supervision? The point was letting him play with a realistic looking gun, especially since he had adult-like height and build.
slandering her as a drugged up deadbeat
Do you even know what "slander" means? It requires both that the statement is false and also spoken. None of these conditions are met here.
You can't slander somebody with the truth.
Lawyer representing Tamir Rice's family defended boy's mom in drug trafficking case

Since you have zero evidence that he actually had a gun at all, your comparison is bullshit.
Police source: Gun found near Keith Scott's body had his fingerprints, DNA on it

I have had a book at times though. Maybe you think I should be shot dead for having a book at a bus stop.
Nope. Neither should you be shot dead for eating a sandwich but that doesn't change the fact that Vonderitt Myers had a gun and that he shot at police for example.

- - - Updated - - -

Leave it to Derec to come up with a scenario that vilifies black people. Of all the millions of possible explanations of why the parents would be picking their child up at the bus stop, Derec jumps to "local gangs" as the explanation.
I am not vilifying anybody. I am merely trying to come up with a scenario that explains why he felt it necessary to pack heat while waiting for his son at a bus stop close to the apartment.

- - - Updated - - -

They didn't tell us what page he was on, what kind of bookmark he used, whether it was hardcover or softcover. We're through the looking glass here :rolleyes:
You obviously don't know the difference between reasonable and unreasonable level of detail.

Can anyone tell what the title of the book in the picture is?
It's a stock photo so they deliberately chose a book with no identifying characteristics. But if the family is so sure he was reading a book, surely they know what book he was reading.

CtH3lxmXYAAvb-E.jpg

Abolish the police? And who will enforce law? Oh yeah, police is called "militia" in communist countries.
depositphotos_12342440-Soviet-police-car.jpg

Note that Monica Moorehead (the WWP presidential candidate) is also wearing Colin Kaepernick's #7 jersey ...

So instead of admitting you're wrong, you just move on the next black attack.

Wrong about what? And it's not a "black attack", it's attack on idiotic protesters who want to abolish the police and want to foment a rebellion against the United States. It would be as idiotic if it was Jill Stein holding that sign or say Vermin Supreme. In fact, it would make his boot look sane by comparison.

Speaking of protests, what the hell was the reason there were protests in Atlanta last night?

Wrong about what? And it's not a "black attack", it's attack on idiotic protesters who want to abolish the police and want to foment a rebellion against the United States. It would be as idiotic if it was Jill Stein holding that sign or say Vermin Supreme.

If that's true, then why haven't you admitted you are wrong?

Derec said:
Speaking of protests, what the hell was the reason there were protests in Atlanta last night?

Why don't you admit you were wrong here and then go start another thread?

Because I am not.

It has been adequately explained to you why a father would be waiting at a bus stop for his son.

Derec said:
Why don't you admit you were wrong here and then go start another thread?
Why should I? The Keith Scott shooting is still an active discussion.

Can't you at least admit you're wrong before changing the subject?

Can anyone tell what the title of the book in the picture is?
It's a stock photo so they deliberately chose a book with no identifying characteristics. But if the family is so sure he was reading a book, surely they know what book he was reading.

Wrong Derec. I see people reading books all the time in the park, at the beach, in library. And I have no idea what the books are. EVERYBODY on the PLANET who has seen someone reading a book has had an experience of seeing someone reading book and not knowing what it was. As a matter of fact, people who don't have to frequent prostitutes often use the question, "Whacha reading?" as an icebreaker. But then again, most people have some modicum of social skills.

Wrong Derec. I see people reading books all the time in the park, at the beach, in library. And I have no idea what the books are. EVERYBODY on the PLANET who has seen someone reading a book has had an experience of seeing someone reading book and not knowing what it was. As a matter of fact, people who don't have to frequent prostitutes often use the question, "Whacha reading?" as an icebreaker.
This obsession is not healthy Athena.
And note that all these people you mention are strangers. Not exactly the same thing.

But then again, most people have some modicum of social skills.
Do these "social skills" involve dropping your gun when ordered to by police?

Can't you at least admit you're wrong before changing the subject?
Nope. It's still strange given the very short distance. Btw, how old is the son supposed to be?

See, here's the thing. It's not strange. It is really really common. People told you that it was common. Not strange, not weird. Really common. Like, an every day (twice a day) occurrence.

You said it was strange (because you have never waited for a child at a bus stop, nor had to juggle the timing of a kid getting off the bus to the departure needed for the dentist appointment or the ride to get the other kid who is at baseball, or that you're on your way home from work or whatever,) and people pointed out that for ALL of the people who are involved in the lifestyle of buses and kids this is very normal, and you take all this info and...

continue to say it's strange.

Are you incapable of acquiring new information in your world?

It's not strange at all. Not even a little bit. It is a completely normal and regular activity. (how can we press the "submit to memory" button for you?)

This obsession is not healthy Athena.
And note that all these people you mention are strangers. Not exactly the same thing.

I have no idea what book my son is currently reading. He reads every day and I have no idea (until he shoves it under my nose and says, "mom, you must read this book"). He has no idea what I'm reading when I sit in my car waiting for him to get out of school, even when he _has_ told me to read something specific. "What are you reading, Mom? Why aren't you reading Way of Kings yet? I told you to read Way of Kings." My husband certainly has no idea what I'm reading because he doesn't care what I'm reading. We don't go for the same entertainment. My daughter likewise has no idea what I'm reading when she sees me waiting to pick her up from school.

But then again, most people have some modicum of social skills.
Do these "social skills" involve dropping your gun when ordered to by police?

When someone is shouting at you and you do not know what they are talking about, especially if the thing they are telling you to drop is not a thing you have, then it is reasonable to not do what they are asking. Because you do not understand "drop the gun!" if you don't have a gun. You want to show them that you don't have a gun. You want to show them the thing.

I don't know why Police use this FUCKING STOOOOOPID tactic of shouting at people anyway. It's so idiotic. It causes confusion. It assumes that the police are not mistaken. It escalates a situation, it does not calm it. It's mind-bogglingly incompetent. If the guy is confused about your oders, don't just shout them louder and faster! And it makes it impossible for the police to hear any explanation from their victim explaining their actions.

Back
Top Bottom