• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

The shooting of Keith Lamont Scott, and aftermath

Can't you at least admit you're wrong before changing the subject?
Nope. It's still strange given the very short distance.

No, it's not strange. It's extremely common and adults have to be there for young kids. Parents are often multi-tasking, too, so they are on their way somewhere or back from somewhere in their car (like work) when they pick up their kids.

Derec said:
Btw, how old is the son supposed to be?

Young enough that the bus driver could not drop him off, even nearby and so brought him to daycare AND young enough that adults have to pick him up from a bus stop.

Nope. It's still strange given the very short distance.

No, it's not strange. It's extremely common and adults have to be there for young kids. Parents are often multi-tasking, too, so they are on their way somewhere or back from somewhere in their car (like work) when they pick up their kids.

Derec said:
Btw, how old is the son supposed to be?

Young enough that the bus driver could not drop him off, even nearby and so brought him to daycare AND young enough that adults have to pick him up from a bus stop.
I like that "supposed to be" like there's a question there's really a kid.

Derec, I agree with you on some things here, but you should drop it about why he was there, it seems normal.

But to answer the book, supposedly it was the Koran and I am surprised the didn't say he was shot because he was black and muslim. However pictures afterward show the gun instead of a book.

What pictures showed a gun?

Reading more on this..

Thanks for the info on the Brain Injury. Had not seen that yet.

Looking at this photo, it looks like his wallet under the heel of the cop, and the thing circled in the foreground, which appears to be smaller than the wallet, THAT is supposed to be the gun? Are there a lot of guns smaller than a wallet out there?

View attachment 8179

moreover, watching that video, it looks like at 2:00 one of the cops is putting on black gloves, and later some are on the ground (in a different spot, though. Now THAT matches the size of that thing better. But whatever it is, it was clearly not there immediately after the shooting. :(

I have a hard time buying that as a wallet, the shape is wrong. However, I am willing to accept a discarded glove. There are guns that small, it could also be a gun.

I feel sad for United States. :( Although I have seen even small, elementary age, kids walking from the bus stop by themselves. Sometimes there is an adult walking with them, but they are certainly not chauffeuring them for a quarter mile.

I do agree about our nanny-state. I was driven to school for grades 1--3.5 but that was because school was too far away to walk. Some attempts to use buses were made during that time and I walked to the bus those times. (It never worked well--the bus often didn't stop for me even when I had a sign that said "bus".)

The only legitimate reason to drive just quarter of a mile, as far as I am concerned, is this.

Sorry, but you're young and able-bodied. I've driven a quarter mile multiple times to keep an elderly person from having to walk the distance. (And I've been yelled at for parking in a handicapped space when I was picking up such a person.)

- - - Updated - - -

View attachment 8181

Can anyone tell what the title of the book in the picture is?

Does anyone doubt that it is a book in the young woman's hands?

It's red, there doesn't appear to be a title at all. It must be communist propaganda, not a book! :D:D

Reading more on this..

Looking at this photo, it looks like his wallet under the heel of the cop, and the thing circled in the foreground, which appears to be smaller than the wallet, THAT is supposed to be the gun? Are there a lot of guns smaller than a wallet out there?

View attachment 8179

moreover, watching that video, it looks like at 2:00 one of the cops is putting on black gloves, and later some are on the ground (in a different spot, though. Now THAT matches the size of that thing better. But whatever it is, it was clearly not there immediately after the shooting. :(

I have a hard time buying that as a wallet, the shape is wrong. However, I am willing to accept a discarded glove. There are guns that small, it could also be a gun.
There was some confusion in the thread about a wallet but that was cleared by the time of the post you are responding to. That red-circled object was not the wallet. The wallet is behind the officers spread-out left shoe.

The other object--the red-circled object--is closer than the wallet and therefore is not expected to be the same scale--i.e., since it is roughly the same apparent size, it's likely to be a little smaller, OR at least not larger than the regular sized wallet. The shape of the object while it might have one or two gun characteristics is rather amorphous like dog crap or one of those irregularly shaped sections of tarred pavement that come out of a parking lot, not well maintained. There seem to be too many features of the shape and size inconsistent with a gun.

I do agree about our nanny-state. I was driven to school for grades 1--3.5 but that was because school was too far away to walk. Some attempts to use buses were made during that time and I walked to the bus those times. (It never worked well--the bus often didn't stop for me even when I had a sign that said "bus".)

The only legitimate reason to drive just quarter of a mile, as far as I am concerned, is this.

Sorry, but you're young and able-bodied. I've driven a quarter mile multiple times to keep an elderly person from having to walk the distance. (And I've been yelled at for parking in a handicapped space when I was picking up such a person.)

- - - Updated - - -

View attachment 8181

Can anyone tell what the title of the book in the picture is?

Does anyone doubt that it is a book in the young woman's hands?

It's red, there doesn't appear to be a title at all. It must be communist propaganda, not a book! :D:D

I noticed something very peculiar about her clothing, which led me to make some assumptions that is supported but unconfirmed, the lighting, which did make me curious about the book. I can make out some wording on the inside, but I definitely have some doubts as to whether she was in fact reading. If she was reading, it is secondary to her posing.

You defend someone burning down my business - bankrupting my family, and starving my children - because they are mad at the government?

You defend this? Really?

Want this shit to stop? Start holding police accountable.

You defend people holding entire communities - communities they claim to care about - as hostages to advance their own political agenda?

You defend this? Really?
How is that more outrageous than the constant kneejerk defending of uniformed murderers around here?

That of course is irrelevant to the fact that your position is downright disgusting and morally and ethically bankrupt.
Right, so not more disgusting than kneejerkingly defending uniformed murderers.

Being as disgusting as a river of excrement should hardly be something to aspire to.

You only look better compared to a turd if you aren't a turd yourself.

Ksen forgets that a certain mentality has a hard time understanding satire and sarcasm.

Reading more on this..

View attachment 8179

It could be lots of things. People are just playing pareidolia. None of you know it's a gun.

Videos are great for figuring out what happened. Videos, that is, and intelligent jurors.

I keep bringing it up but my last jury duty involved a video, from which we jurors found the police to be totally wrong and the man who up on multiple felony counts to be completely innocent of those charges. The police were simply trying to cover their fuckup with all the charges. It's simply the police mentality, presently anyway.

It could be lots of things. People are just playing pareidolia. None of you know it's a gun.

I don't think it's a gun. I think it's more likely to be a glove based on shape and size. IF he had a gun, it could be in the blurred area of the photo or already collected. So saying this is not a gun doesn't seem to change their story much. BUT didn't the police come out and say it was a gun or is that a rumor?

- - - Updated - - -

Videos are great for figuring out what happened. Videos, that is, and intelligent jurors.

I keep bringing it up but my last jury duty involved a video, from which we jurors found the police to be totally wrong and the man who up on multiple felony counts to be completely innocent of those charges. The police were simply trying to cover their fuckup with all the charges. It's simply the police mentality, presently anyway.

Wow. That's informative. You should respond in the other thread about police, too.

Looks like we're going to get the dashcam and bodycam videos, just heard. It's out there. Sorry, no linky.

Am I being cynical when I'm expecting to deal with tampered evidence?

Back
Top Bottom