• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

The Tea Thread

Thoroughly enjoying this hot cup of green tea. I have a stupid sinus thing going on with a bit of sore throat to go with it, so I made a cup of green tea with lemon, honey, and mint. Soothing, plus opens the nasal passages a little. So nice. This is what I look like drinking my tea right now: :love:

That sounds nice. Me thinks I need to start experimenting with tea additions a little more. For as long as I can remember I've been doing almost all of my teas straight, but they're starting to get a little boring. Lemon and honey sound like they could spice things up a bit.

I guess it wouldn't be too hard to get creative, either. If my local tea shop is any indication, literally anything infused in water is technically a tea, so you could even start making strict honey or lemon, or both together teas, or anything else really.

I tend to like the simpler tastes, lighter tastes, and pure teas better than wild concoctions. Some of those are great, but they sort of miss the whole point of tea. Lemon, mint, and ginger, are my favorite flavors to add to tea, and honey or orange now and then.

That sounds nice. Me thinks I need to start experimenting with tea additions a little more. For as long as I can remember I've been doing almost all of my teas straight, but they're starting to get a little boring. Lemon and honey sound like they could spice things up a bit.

I guess it wouldn't be too hard to get creative, either. If my local tea shop is any indication, literally anything infused in water is technically a tea, so you could even start making strict honey or lemon, or both together teas, or anything else really.

I tend to like the simpler tastes, lighter tastes, and pure teas better than wild concoctions. Some of those are great, but they sort of miss the whole point of tea. Lemon, mint, and ginger, are my favorite flavors to add to tea, and honey or orange now and then.

Yea I avoid David's for that reason, more of an infused drink than a tea, lots of wild concoctions like these ones. At my local shop it's usually all natural, but they go a little outside the box: big section of herbals, big section of fruits, and so on.

But I'm the same way, almost always go for the basics, these days usually a pure black or green. Although I have a green/jasmine right now that's pretty nice.

Yea I avoid David's for that reason, more of an infused drink than a tea, lots of wild concoctions like these ones.
Those sound terrible! Chocolate cake tea? CREAM of Earl Grey? They are out of their minds. Yick.

At my local shop it's usually all natural, but they go a little outside the box: big section of herbals, big section of fruits, and so on.

But I'm the same way, almost always go for the basics, these days usually a pure black or green. Although I have a green/jasmine right now that's pretty nice.

Yea I avoid David's for that reason, more of an infused drink than a tea, lots of wild concoctions like these ones.
Those sound terrible! Chocolate cake tea? CREAM of Earl Grey? They are out of their minds. Yick.

At my local shop it's usually all natural, but they go a little outside the box: big section of herbals, big section of fruits, and so on.

I liked the novelty at first, but usually too sweet for me now.

They're really popular, though, but more with the Starbucks crowd, people who like their hot drinks to be a dessert.

They're really popular, though, but more with the Starbucks crowd, people who like their hot drinks to be a dessert.

Those people are not to be trusted. I'm not sure they're even sentient. Best to stay clear.

Those people are not to be trusted. I'm not sure they're even sentient. Best to stay clear.

Yea, explaining to the David's bots that my tea isn't from there is tough.

Yea, explaining to the David's bots that my tea isn't from there is tough.

Just let them think you are a lizard person and be done with it.

It's currently Autumn and we are supposed to be getting a winter here soon, so it will be tea season. :D I am looking forward to drinking my different teas, and trying a few more when I get the chance.

I'm just going to go and raise you all a black / black currant iced tea.

It might be the best iced tea I've ever had.

Black currant tea, hot or cold, has long been one of my favorites though it is not as easy to find as it once was on the grocery shelves in these parts. The loose tea I am enjoying presently I found in a specialty shop
adjoining my workplace. Twinings used to have a decent commercial offering but we have not had it on our shelves in at least three years.

Black currant tea, hot or cold, has long been one of my favorites though it is not as easy to find as it once was on the grocery shelves in these parts. The loose tea I am enjoying presently I found in a specialty shop
adjoining my workplace. Twinings used to have a decent commercial offering but we have not had it on our shelves in at least three years.

The benefit of being in a medium-sized city: we have a number of loose-leaf tea shops with most of what any tea drinker could want.

Current pot is made up of Konacha.

Konacha is made from the specks and tiny tea leaves of Gyokuro or Sencha tea leaves. Konacha is less expensive than tea leaves because Konacha is a natural byproduct of traditional tea processing, like Karigane. Especially Konacha, sorted from high grade tea leaves, has a better flavor than tea leaves of a similarly low price.

I'm told it's the commonly used tea in Asian restaurants.

The coffee pot didn't get washed last night, so it's Rooibos loose tea this morning.

Surviving quite well on my cheap black tea. It supposedly has extra caffeine added but I think it's really crack.

The coffee pot didn't get washed last night, so it's Rooibos loose tea this morning.

Oops.

To counter this, we have two plungers!

Having said that - tea cosy is on the list today so I can make a POT of tea in the afternoons.

This made me do a double-take and laugh.
We have a drip coffee maker.
Plungers are what you use when the toilet is clogged...

Back
Top Bottom