• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

The trials of the Capitol assaulters

House arrest plan for invader of Pelosi's office halted
A federal judge in Washington on Friday night halted a plan to release and put on house arrest the Arkansas man photographed sitting at a desk in House Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s office during last week’s riot at the U.S. Capitol.

Richard Barnett will instead be brought to Washington, D.C., immediately for proceedings in his case, Chief U.S. District Judge Beryl Howell ordered Friday night, staying a decision by another judge to confine Barnett to his home in Gravette, Arkansas, until his trial.

Far-right personality 'Baked Alaska' arrested in riot probe
Tim Gionet
FBI Special Agent Nicole Miller said in an affidavit filed in the case that Gionet streamed live for about 27 minutes from inside the Capitol and could be heard encouraging other protesters not to leave, cursing and saying “I’m staying,” “1776 baby,” and “I won’t leave guys, don’t worry.”

She wrote that Gionet entered various offices and when told by law enforcement officers to move, identified himself as a member of the media. Miller wrote that Gionet then asked officers where to go before cursing a law officer while alleging the officer shoved him, then leaving the building.

Gionet also posted video that showed Trump supporters in “Make America Great Again” and “God Bless Trump” hats milling around inside the Capitol and taking selfies with officers who calmly asked them to leave the premises. The Trump supporters talked among themselves, laughed, and told the officers and each other, “This is only the beginning.”

From Baked Alaska to a guy with horns: notable riot arrests
Showing a picture of Aaron Mostofsky, the "gentleman" in furs with a stolen police vest and police shield.
More than 125 people have been arrested so far on charges related to the violent insurrection led by supporters of President Donald Trump at the U.S. Capitol, where a Capitol police officer and four others were killed.

Charges from the Jan. 6 riot range from curfew violations to serious federal felonies related to theft and weapons possession.
They left behind a lot of evidence of their misdeeds, so a lot more of them may eventually be arrested.

fairly solid

I'd say rather better than "fairly solid." I've always been a Bill Maher fan, and this is suddenly my favorite yet!!
(Indeed I should file a complaint against Mr. repoman for egregious understatement.)

ETA:
[TWEET]https://twitter.com/maxblumenthal/status/1349577049053278208?s=21[/TWEET]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/girlsreallyrule/status/1350114536754442245?s=21[/tweet]
My name is H. swammerdami and I endorse this message.

Saw elsewhere that a rioter wore his ankle monitor to the Capitol...

Told his parole officer he would be distrinuting bibles with yhe Gideons that day....

MSNBC on Twitter: "NEW: An Army reservist, who has "secret" clearance to a cache of military supplies, has been criminally charged for his role in this month's deadly insurrection at the US Capitol, officials say. https://t.co/af5NRud3kP" / Twitter
noting
New Jersey reservist, with Navy base clearance, charged in connection to deadly Capitol riot
The "avowed white supremacist and Nazi sympathizer" took part in the Jan. 6 insurrection, federal authorities said.

The defendant is a U.S. Army reservist who works as a contractor at Naval Weapons Station Earle "where he maintains a 'Secret' security clearance and has access to a variety of munitions," according to the criminal complaint written by Naval Criminal Investigative Service (NCIS) Special Agent Daniel J. Meyers.
He's Timothy Louis Hale-Cusanelli

John Scott-Railton on Twitter: "UPDATE: ex U.S. Marine Donovan Crowl & Army vet Jessica Watkins arrested in crackdown on Militia groups per @washingtonpost. ..." / Twitter
UPDATE: ex U.S. Marine Donovan Crowl & Army vet Jessica Watkins arrested in crackdown on Militia groups per @washingtonpost.

They were described @RonanFarrow's 2nd piece about Jan 6th.

By @DevlinBarrett & @hsu_spencer 1/

2/ These individuals were among those spotted as part of a disciplined line of individuals wearing military-style gear marching up the #Capitol steps.

3/ @RonanFarrow's 2nd piece is a must read. Paints a picture of Donovan, a man whose racism, anti-government views & militia activity frightened all around him.

Also describes how sleuthing efforts of many led to the identification.
More and more soldiers...

Jon Schaffer, Robert Gieswein arrested in Capitol riots - The Washington Post
Gieswein gave a media interview in which he echoed anti-Semitic conspiracy theories, the affidavit said, and said his message to Congress was “that they need to get the corrupt politicians out of office. Pelosi, the Clintons … every single one of them, Biden, Kamala.”

‘Trump said to do so’: Accounts of rioters who say the president spurred them to rush the Capitol could be pivotal testimony

Also arrested Sunday were Donovan Crowl, 50, a former U.S. Marine, and Army veteran Jessica Watkins, 38. A bartender, Watkins recently told the Ohio Capital Journal that she formed the “Ohio State Regular Militia” in 2019 — a unit of the Oath Keepers, the FBI said — and that the group has appeared at a dozen protests to “protect people.”
So some right-wing militias were also involved. Not just street fighters like the Proud Boys.

Riley June Williams is the woman in green seen in this video.

She's charged with disorderly conduct and entry and remaining in a restricted building.

Statement of Facts

Her ex gave her up.

In the days following the January 6, 2021, events, a witness (“W1”) made several phone calls into the FBI’s telephone tip line related to the U.S. Capitol attacks. I have reviewed documentation of several of those calls. In them, the caller stated that he/she was the former romantic partner of RILEY JUNE WILLIAMS (“WILLIAMS”), that he/she saw WILLIAMS depicted in video footage taken on January 6, 2021, from inside the U.S. Capitol Building.

Russia Russia Russia.

The ex said she wanted to sell a Pelosi office laptop to "a friend in Russia." Unclear whether there was anything of such value on it.

W1 stated that WILLIAMS can be seen directing crowds inside the U.S. Capitol Building up a staircase. The caller specified the uniform resource locator (“url”) for a YouTube video that he/she was describing as url: https://youtube.com/watch?v=jJiSmVktty4&feature=youtu.be. W1 also claimed to have spoken to friends of WILLIAMS, who showed W1 a video of WILLIAMS taking a laptop computer or hard drive from Speaker Pelosi’s office. W1 stated that WILLIAMS intended to send the computer device to a friend in Russia, who then planned to sell the device to SVR, Russia’s foreign intelligence service. According to W1, the transfer of the computer device to Russia fell through for unknown reasons and WILLIAMS still has the computer device or destroyed it. This matter remains under investigation.

Her sweet father drove her to DC for a fun outing.

According to the Harrisburg officers, on or about January 16, 2021, officers called WILLIAMS’ father who resides in Camp Hill, PA. He stated that he drove to Washington, D.C., with WILLIAMS for the protests on January 6, 2021. He stated that his daughter and he did not stay together throughout the day and that WILLIAMS was meeting up with other individuals she knew at the protests. WILLIAMS later met up with her father outside of the U.S. Capitol Building, and they returned home to Harrisburg together

The statement references the above video and describes the contents, including how her mother recounts what I'd call her radicalization.

In this 2 ½ minute video, the reporter identifies “Riley Williams” as the person depicted in snippets of the prior ITV video described above. The reporter then interviewed a woman who identified herself as WILLIAMS’ mother and showed her some type of video footage. WILLIAMS’ mother then stated that she recognized her daughter inside the U.S. Capitol Building and that her daughter had taken a sudden interest in President Trump’s politics and “far right message boards.”

She has not been arrested yet, and is on the lam.

It appears that WILLIAMS has fled. According to local law enforcement officers in Harrisburg, WILLIAMS’ mother stated that that WILLIAMS packed a bag and left her home and told her mother she would be gone for a couple of weeks. WILLIAMS did not provide her mother any information about her intended destination. Sometime after January 6, 2021, WILLIAMS changed her telephone number and deleted what I believe were her social media accounts on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Reddit, Telegram, and Parler.

Run, Riley, run.

I hope that eventually we can get a representative cross section/sample of these people.
Because I'm curious.

How many truly believe they are patriots upholding democracy, and are motivated by anger, genuinely believing The Big Lie ("Trump won in a landslide")?
How many just want to break things?
How many are trying to destroy America because they hold to fascist or other ideologies?
How many are simply flat-out stupid and don't have the wherewithal to understand what the difference between fascism and democracy is?

Regarding John Sullivan...

yasure.jpg

Reactions: jab
Forgot to add that in the image of Williams shown in the video of her holding a gun, she's wearing a skull mask design popular with Neo-Nazi groups like the Atomwaffen.

Attachments

• riley williams gun mask.jpg
    riley williams gun mask.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 15
  • atomwaffen skull mask2.jpeg
    atomwaffen skull mask2.jpeg
    40.8 KB · Views: 11
I hope that eventually we can get a representative cross section/sample of these people.
Because I'm curious.

How many truly believe they are patriots upholding democracy, and are motivated by anger, genuinely believing The Big Lie ("Trump won in a landslide")?
How many are trying to destroy America because they hold to fascist or other ideologies?
How many are simply flat-out stupid and don't have the wherewithal to understand what the difference between fascism and democracy is?
I'd be more interested to know how many don't enjoy participating in athletics, don't ride bicycles, are overweight, eat shitty diets, and I'd also be curious their level of education. Brains need physical exercise.

A grifter whose audience seems to be gullible racists who breathlessly forward anything they see from the right-wing propaganda shit funnel. He's been a known provocateur since at least last summer:

There is a lot of schism in far-left circles. Just because he is being kicked out of Judean People's Front some protest scene and accused of grift by some twit does not mean he is not a genuine Leftist.

Indeed, the white supremacists who create content in the right wing echo chamber
Blah blah. Everything to you is white supremacist this, racist that.

So let me get this straight. 999 white people charging up steps, climbing walls, breaking windows, attempting to enter Capitol or actually doing so...and 1 multi-racial, i.e. "black" guy telling them "let's do this shit,"

Let me get this straight. 999 white people invade the Capitol and it's fine to talk about them, but not the black guy for some reason. In any case, the relevant point is not his race but him being a Leftist. But I guess he is not a True Scotsman ...

and suddenly we have to conclude white Trump supporters have no power over their own actions.

Who said that? I certainly did not. I support them being fully prosecuted for their crimes. Do you support the same for #BLMers and Antifas during their riots last year? Do you think they all should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law?

"Speaking of Capitol assaulters, who were mostly white, hey, look at this non-white guy!"-Derec

Look at the leftist, more like. His race is incidental.

How is this different from all the #BLMers in Minneapolis in June rioting, burning down buildings, looting and trashing a Target and other businesses, etc. but posters on here focusing on one right winger who broke a window at an Autozone?

Because I'm curious.

I'd be more interested to know how many don't enjoy participating in athletics, don't ride bicycles, are overweight, eat shitty diets, and I'd also be curious their level of education. Brains need physical exercise.

Why is their health or education of any relevance? :confused:

A lawyer's perspective on the crimes the rioters committed

[YOUTUBE]https://youtu.be/Ct3XOs7nQ38[/YOUTUBE]

So let me get this straight. 999 white people charging up steps, climbing walls, breaking windows, attempting to enter Capitol or actually doing so...and 1 multi-racial, i.e. "black" guy telling them "let's do this shit,"

Let me get this straight. 999 white people invade the Capitol and it's fine to talk about them, but not the black guy for some reason. In any case, the relevant point is not his race but him being a Leftist. But I guess he is not a True Scotsman
I think the point is the laser-like focus on the bark on the tree while ignoring the forest.

Who said that? I certainly did not. I support them being fully prosecuted for their crimes. Do you support the same for #BLMers and Antifas during their riots last year? Do you think they all should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law?
Too bad that laser-like focus does not preclude these boring "whataboutisms".

So let me get this straight. 999 white people charging up steps, climbing walls, breaking windows, attempting to enter Capitol or actually doing so...and 1 multi-racial, i.e. "black" guy telling them "let's do this shit," and suddenly we have to conclude white Trump supporters have no power over their own actions.
Seems like the crowd was rather mixed in inclusiveness. I recall seeing a "Blacks for Trump" sign. I also note that the young man in furs was Jewish while the mob included men wearing "Camp Auschwitz" and "6MWE" ("Six Million Wasn't Enough") T-shirts. There was also someone fired who was there -- and who claimed that it was safe for him because there weren't a lot of neo-Nazis there.

Back
Top Bottom