• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

The Virus - Are You Affected?

...I expect to test positive at some point.

Is it possible you've already had a mild case of Covid and have some level of immunity?

The only way not to get it is to die. It's part of the world now.

Not around here, it's not.

78 days now without a community transmission case in Queensland.

Both NSW and Victoria have passed the 28 day mark on the same measure, allowing the travel restrictions and quarantine requirements to be lifted at 1am on December 1st.

There are ten cases in our state, all aquired overseas and safely in quarantine. There are zero patients in ICU, and our state's death toll in total, since COVID began, is six (that's less than 1.1 deaths per million population).

Anyone who says that the situation in the US (or Europe) was inevitable, or that it cannot or could not be managed better, is either ignorant or lying. A couple of months of painful and severe lockdown were (and still would be) effective; But whining ignorant morons STILL think that viral infection is something with which you can compromise. It doesn't work like that. Do, or do not. There is no 'try'.

IMG_5463.JPG

Huh? Did she die of Covid, or is she a person who happened to test positive for Covid when she died?

Honestie developed severe stomach pains on Nov. 9, her 14th birthday. Taken to the hospital, she tested positive for the new coronavirus and was sent home. But her condition worsened that evening, an ambulance was called, and she was admitted to the hospital’s intensive care unit. Over the next few days she received iron and blood transfusions as complications arose. She was placed on a ventilator on Nov. 14. But her condition never improved.

Her presentation to the hospital is not consistent with Covid, neither was her treatment. There's more going on here. Medicare does pay/compensate hospitals more for Covid. Methinks the reported Covid deaths might be inflated.

No, it sounds just like covid. Take the denier glasses off.

Huh? Did she die of Covid, or is she a person who happened to test positive for Covid when she died?

Her presentation to the hospital is not consistent with Covid, neither was her treatment. There's more going on here. Medicare does pay/compensate hospitals more for Covid. Methinks the reported Covid deaths might be inflated.

How? She goes to the hospital for stomach cramps, not fever, cough, or respiratory illness. They send her home. She gets worse (presumably stomach cramps) and returns. She gets iron and blood transfusions - why would they do that for a respiratory infection? More likely she had internal bleeding (hence the need for iron). Having handled medical malpractice cases, this has the elements of misdiagnosis of some sort of internal perforation or rupture. Common that the patient presents to the ER, feels better. Goes home and then collapses.

Nothing else matters except Covid. There are no other dangers now, no other ways to die but from Covid.

The thing is that in the US, the doctor does not prepare the bills. That’s left to the medical biller, who scours over the patient chart for everything that can be billed. There is incentive to bill for Covid.

Take shotgun, apply to whatever source of "news" you follow. It's a right wing myth that a bunch of people are dying of something else while testing positive for Covid. It's a deception based on the fact that Covid kills in so many different ways. It fucks with the clotting system, patients are likely to end up on heavy duty blood thinners trying to dance between the rock of dying of a clot and the hard place of dying of a bleed. Throw a clot into the brain and you have a stroke. Bleed into the brain and you have a stroke. Throw a clot into the heart and you have a heart attack. Throw a clot into the lungs and you have a pulmonary embolism. Throw a clot into an organ and you have organ damage--likely leading to death by organ failure. Weaken the body too much and you might die of septic shock. If Covid caused the clot or the bleed the resulting death is still from Covid.

Honestie developed severe stomach pains on Nov. 9, her 14th birthday. Taken to the hospital, she tested positive for the new coronavirus and was sent home. But her condition worsened that evening, an ambulance was called, and she was admitted to the hospital’s intensive care unit. Over the next few days she received iron and blood transfusions as complications arose. She was placed on a ventilator on Nov. 14. But her condition never improved.

Another standard right wing deception. Medicare does pay by diagnosis and has done so for many years--it doesn't result in distortions elsewhere, why should it here?

And how do you say it's not Covid symptoms? What if she threw a clot into the blood supply for the stomach?

How? She goes to the hospital for stomach cramps, not fever, cough, or respiratory illness. They send her home. She gets worse (presumably stomach cramps) and returns. She gets iron and blood transfusions - why would they do that for a respiratory infection? More likely she had internal bleeding (hence the need for iron). Having handled medical malpractice cases, this has the elements of misdiagnosis of some sort of internal perforation or rupture. Common that the patient presents to the ER, feels better. Goes home and then collapses.

The article YOU posted didn't say stomach "cramps", it said stomach pain. And covid is just as much a blood disease as it is a respiratory disease (unusual clotting internally). People aren't placed on ventilators for stomach cramps.

And Medicare pays more for covid cases because they are more expensive to treat. Note that a 14 year old probably wan't on Medicare anyway.

The article YOU posted didn't say stomach "cramps", it said stomach pain. And covid is just as much a blood disease as it is a respiratory disease (unusual clotting internally). People aren't placed on ventilators for stomach cramps.

And Medicare pays more for covid cases because they are more expensive to treat. Note that a 14 year old probably wan't on Medicare anyway.

Medicare also compensates hospitals of Covid regardless of Medicare eligibility. And can you please cite me anything - ANYTHING - that iron and blood transfusions are standard of care for Covid? ANYTHING.

Take shotgun, apply to whatever source of "news" you follow. It's a right wing myth that a bunch of people are dying of something else while testing positive for Covid. It's a deception based on the fact that Covid kills in so many different ways. It fucks with the clotting system, patients are likely to end up on heavy duty blood thinners trying to dance between the rock of dying of a clot and the hard place of dying of a bleed. Throw a clot into the brain and you have a stroke. Bleed into the brain and you have a stroke. Throw a clot into the heart and you have a heart attack. Throw a clot into the lungs and you have a pulmonary embolism. Throw a clot into an organ and you have organ damage--likely leading to death by organ failure. Weaken the body too much and you might die of septic shock. If Covid caused the clot or the bleed the resulting death is still from Covid.

Another standard right wing deception. Medicare does pay by diagnosis and has done so for many years--it doesn't result in distortions elsewhere, why should it here?

And how do you say it's not Covid symptoms? What if she threw a clot into the blood supply for the stomach?

Again, I’d ask for ANYTHING that iron and blood transfusions are standard of care for Covid. ANYTHING.

Medicare also compensates hospitals of Covid regardless of Medicare eligibility. And can you please cite me anything - ANYTHING - that iron and blood transfusions are standard of care for Covid? ANYTHING.

Plasma transfusions from people who have developed antibodies is a common treatment for covid patients now. Plasma is the main component of human blood.

And other uses of blood transfusion in covid patients: Blood transfusion utilization in hospitalized COVID‐19 patients

Nothing else matters except Covid. There are no other dangers now, no other ways to die but from Covid.

The thing is that in the US, the doctor does not prepare the bills. That’s left to the medical biller, who scours over the patient chart for everything that can be billed. There is incentive to bill for Covid.

I am wondering whether you have a rationalisation for how a situation unique to the US has caused the exact same effect in places such as the UK, Italy, and Belgium; Or whether as an American you simply don't care that those places exist, and assume that your audience doesn't care either.

I am wondering whether you have a rationalisation for how a situation unique to the US has caused the exact same effect in places such as the UK, Italy, and Belgium; Or whether as an American you simply don't care that those places exist, and assume that your audience doesn't care either.

Our hospital was audited by Medicare yearly. I know because I was assigned to assist those auditors yearly.

They would give me lists of patient records request and it was my job to go into the archives and dig out their billing records, hundreds of them. They look for upcoding (a DRG of a higher paying code than the chart justified), unjustified bundling or unbundling, and various other methods of cheating the system. If you think hospitals are getting away by upcoding everyone to covid diagnosis then you have no idea of how hospital billing works or the checks and balances involved.

It's the same at every major medical facility that accepts Medicare all across the country.

Plasma transfusions from people who have developed antibodies is a common treatment for covid patients now. Plasma is the main component of human blood.

And other uses of blood transfusion in covid patients: Blood transfusion utilization in hospitalized COVID‐19 patients

Uh, okay Zippy. This is from the Gofundme set up by her grandmother.

On 11/09/2020 (her Birthday) my 14 year old Granddaughter Honestie was taken to Helen Devos Children’s Hospital by my daughter. Honestie tested positive for COVID-19 and was sent home. Later that evening Honestie was rushed to the hospital by ambulance, since then Honestie was moved to ICU. She has had a iron transfusion, she’s oxygen now but they are talking about putting her on a ventilator and possibly a feeding tube, she’s receiving a blood transfusion as I write this. Honestie has liquid that is collecting in her stomach and they have no idea where it’s coming from since she is not taking any food or drink by mouth. Because of this she may have to have surgery.

So she didn't die of Covid. Let's remember that before Covid people died. There were deaths before there was Covid. Incidentally, there's nothing here that the hospital listed her as a Covid death; just that her grandmother used Covid to raise funds. It's embarrassing that people so uncritically accept this fearmongering and paranoia. A young women like her with no obvious comorbidity, like obesity, has a statistically insignificant chance of dying from Covid.

On 11/09/2020 (her Birthday) my 14 year old Granddaughter Honestie was taken to Helen Devos Children’s Hospital by my daughter. Honestie tested positive for COVID-19 and was sent home. Later that evening Honestie was rushed to the hospital by ambulance, since then Honestie was moved to ICU. She has had a iron transfusion, she’s oxygen now but they are talking about putting her on a ventilator and possibly a feeding tube, she’s receiving a blood transfusion as I write this. Honestie has liquid that is collecting in her stomach and they have no idea where it’s coming from since she is not taking any food or drink by mouth. Because of this she may have to have surgery.

So she didn't die of Covid. Let's remember that before Covid people died. There were deaths before there was Covid. Incidentally, there's nothing here that the hospital listed her as a Covid death; just that her grandmother used Covid to raise funds. It's embarrassing that people so uncritically accept this fearmongering and paranoia. A young women like her with no obvious comorbidity, like obesity, has a statistically insignificant chance of dying from Covid.

Given your ability to diagnose disease from a description given by a patient's relative, without having ever met, much less examined, the patient themselves, I can't help feeling that your time wasted on this discussion board could be far more usefully spent in assisting your local hospital, who surely have plenty of patients presenting with unusual symptoms that could benefit hugely from your skills.

Well, either that, or you're full of shit. Who can say?

Given your ability to diagnose disease from a description given by a patient's relative, without having ever met, much less examined, the patient themselves, I can't help feeling that your time wasted on this discussion board could be far more usefully spent in assisting your local hospital, who surely have plenty of patients presenting with unusual symptoms that could benefit hugely from your skills.

That I'm not as gullible as you? I'm simply basing my interpretation as a former medical-malpractice attorney. Her presentation, complaints, treatment, and end are textbook misdiagnosed of visceral perforation or rupture. But hey, you're probably one of those who'd believe a gunshot to the head is a Covid death.

That I'm not as gullible as you? I'm simply basing my interpretation as a former medical-malpractice attorney. Her presentation, complaints, treatment, and end are textbook misdiagnosed of visceral perforation or rupture. But hey, you're probably one of those who'd believe a gunshot to the head is a Covid death.

I don't go around 'believing' stuff at all. I check out what actual experts are saying, and why they are saying it.

https://hub.jhu.edu/2020/09/01/comorbidities-and-coronavirus-deaths-cdc/

We can observe trends from the number of deaths reported each year, on a weekly basis. When we see large deviations in the numbers for a time period, we call that excess deaths. Looking at 2020 since March, the raw number of excess deaths is 200,000 more people than a normal year. When we try to understand that, COVID-19 is the most rational and likely explanation. If you don't believe it's COVID-19, try to pinpoint why this year has been so different than any other. Why would a new disease that kills people not be the cause?

I don't go around 'believing' stuff at all. I check out what actual experts are saying, and why they are saying it.

We can observe trends from the number of deaths reported each year, on a weekly basis. When we see large deviations in the numbers for a time period, we call that excess deaths. Looking at 2020 since March, the raw number of excess deaths is 200,000 more people than a normal year. When we try to understand that, COVID-19 is the most rational and likely explanation. If you don't believe it's COVID-19, try to pinpoint why this year has been so different than any other. Why would a new disease that kills people not be the cause?

I never wrote that there were no excessive deaths this year. I wrote that in this particular case saying it's Covid is obviously incorrect.

I never wrote that there were no excessive deaths this year. I wrote that in this particular case saying it's Covid is obviously incorrect.

Something that you are obviously not in possession of sufficient information to be able to claim.

Back
Top Bottom