• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

The Virus - Are You Affected?

I just want to point out the very obvious northern versus southern hemisphere element of seasons...

The major outbreak worldwide, that included Australia, occurred in our autumn; We stamped the fucker out over winter, and then had to stomp a second wave in the runup to spring.

Insofar as seasons are relevant, they imply that we have done EVEN BETTER. You fought it during summer, and STILL failed.

With all due respect, you don't have winter.

With all due respect, Texas(a deep South state) has a population comparable to Australia. And where Australia appears to be around 1000 deaths, Texas has around 22,000.

Just sayin'
Tom

I just want to point out the very obvious northern versus southern hemisphere element of seasons...

The major outbreak worldwide, that included Australia, occurred in our autumn; We stamped the fucker out over winter, and then had to stomp a second wave in the runup to spring.

Insofar as seasons are relevant, they imply that we have done EVEN BETTER. You fought it during summer, and STILL failed.

In Queensland? No, we don't. Queensland has a similar climate to Florida's. How is Florida going right now?

In Victoria and Tasmania? Sure they do.

By the way, the vast majority of COVID cases and deaths were in Victoria.

Overall, it looks like about 1% die. About 20% end up with psych issues. Large numbers end up with lasting health issues, some with lifetime disability.

I assume this is a mis-type, but for the life of me I can't figure out what it ought to be instead of 'psych'.

It's not a mistype, "psych" is a common shortening of "psychiatric". 20% of survivors end up with a mental health diagnosis within a few months.

Overall, it looks like about 1% die. About 20% end up with psych issues. Large numbers end up with lasting health issues, some with lifetime disability.

I assume this is a mis-type, but for the life of me I can't figure out what it ought to be instead of 'psych'.

No, it is correct. The virus has a 1:5 chance of giving you brain damage and thus lasting "psychological" problems such as brain fog.

We don't know if it's brain damage. Many of those cases are anxiety.

In Queensland? No, we don't. Queensland has a similar climate to Florida's. How is Florida going right now?

How often does the temperature remain below freezing even during the day for more than a week at a time in Victoria? How many days a year are lakes and slow rivers safe for ice skating?

How often does the temperature remain below freezing even during the day for more than a week at a time in Victoria? How many days a year are lakes and slow rivers safe for ice skating?

Florida has a population somewhat smaller than Australia, but 18 times the C19 death rate.

Why does the weather even matter at this point?
Tom

Florida has a population somewhat smaller than Australia, but 18 times the C19 death rate.

Tom

Hey, I'm well aware Australia is doing way better than pretty much all of the Americas, Europe, and by now Middle East and North Africa. It's just a bit of a stretch to talk about winters in Australia,Florida or lowland Morocco.

Tom

It doesn't. They just want anything to point at for this spike than "our own GD fault"

Tom

Hey, I'm well aware Australia is doing way better than pretty much all of the Americas, Europe, and by now Middle East and North Africa. It's just a bit of a stretch to talk about winters in Australia,Florida or lowland Morocco.

So, why do you and @Emily Lake keep bringing up the weather?

I'm not the only poster pointing out that national leadership is really the problem, not the weather. But I'm looking at posts like #2105, then this one, and wondering what you mean.
Tom

Three people in my department tested positive over the past few days. I have been working doubles, and some others are working gruelling hours. I work in a nursing home. Many residents are positive. It's very bad. I expect to test positive at some point. I don't fret for me, but for passing it on to someone else. Heaven forbid my parents, who are in their late seventies. I am tested every day and we take precautions up the spout. We shall see.

I am not defending Florida officials. Just saying that weather has little to do with anything.

Honestie Hodges, Whose Handcuffing Changed Police Policy, Is Dead at 14

Honestie’s handcuffing by the police in Grand Rapids, Mich., caused a national uproar and led to a new law enforcement policy on dealing with youths. Honestie died of Covid-19.

A second officer grabbed her arms, pulled them behind her back and handcuffed her. Honestie shouted, “No, No, No!” pleading with the officers not to place the cuffs on her. The police, who said they had been searching for a 40-year-old woman in connection with a stabbing, removed the handcuffs after several minutes.

Honestie’s handcuffing by the police in Grand Rapids, Mich., caused a national uproar and led to a new law enforcement policy on dealing with youths. Honestie died of Covid-19.

A second officer grabbed her arms, pulled them behind her back and handcuffed her. Honestie shouted, “No, No, No!” pleading with the officers not to place the cuffs on her. The police, who said they had been searching for a 40-year-old woman in connection with a stabbing, removed the handcuffs after several minutes.

In what way is her C19 death related to her being handcuffed for several minutes?

More likely her religious family exposed her to C19 at church, but don't want to talk about that. Because all the prayer warriors failed to cajole God into a "healing". Her church gave her a deadly disease, and all the praying they did completely failed to manipulate God.

Tom

In what way is her C19 death related to her being handcuffed for several minutes?

More likely her religious family exposed her to C19 at church, but don't want to talk about that. Because all the prayer warriors failed to cajole God into a "healing". Her church gave her a deadly disease, and all the praying they did completely failed to manipulate God.

Tom

Seconded. Her handcuffing certainly had nothing to do with it as that was years ago. Dying of Covid at 14 probably means she got heavily exposed somehow, church is a likely culprit.

Huh? Did she die of Covid, or is she a person who happened to test positive for Covid when she died?

Honestie developed severe stomach pains on Nov. 9, her 14th birthday. Taken to the hospital, she tested positive for the new coronavirus and was sent home. But her condition worsened that evening, an ambulance was called, and she was admitted to the hospital’s intensive care unit. Over the next few days she received iron and blood transfusions as complications arose. She was placed on a ventilator on Nov. 14. But her condition never improved.

Her presentation to the hospital is not consistent with Covid, neither was her treatment. There's more going on here. Medicare does pay/compensate hospitals more for Covid. Methinks the reported Covid deaths might be inflated.

Here at work, someone came in just before Thanksgiving and has since tested positive. The entire building got screenings collected today as a result of that and the spreader event that is "Thanksgiving", which many of us didn't gather for anyway.

I find it almost funny insofar as the company I work for develops bioassays, including a series of assays for Covid. But the tests we took are not the one we are developing.

Back
Top Bottom