• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

The Virus - Are You Affected?

The head of the Swedish CDC yesterday went out with admission that they handled the Corona response badly. And lists a bunch of reasons. But they're changing nothing. They're just doing what they have been doing all the time.

Denmark has now aligned itself with Sweden and has the same policies. If Sweden's Corona response sucked so much, why are they keeping it and why are others copying it?

It looks like just politics and a bunch of stuff said, for political reasons, that nobody believes in. I can't explain it any other way. Thoughts?

Yes, thoughts. If you had used some, you would have been able to dope out that conditions have changed in Denmark to allow reopening. But that wouldn't comport with your Sweden dick-sucking.

Conditions haven't changed in Denmark. What happened was that Denmark managed to kill the spread almost entirely. It quickly came down to a crawl. It's zero to max four a day new confirmed dead per day. Covid-19 never really happened in Denmark. At a huge cost. The Danish governement clearly doesn't think it was worth it. That's all that has changed. The number of dead will go up now.

:words: I see your words but they're so self-contradictory they've become meaningless.

My goodness how things have changed. All the finger wagging, scolding, shaming and lectures over "social distancing" appears to have been abandoned. Well mostly abandoned, still a few on here clutch their pearls and gasp at the sight of an unmasked youngster standing next to another unmasked youngster.

The lockdown, such as it was in California is all but gone. It just needs the insufferable prick Newsom in Sacramento to face reality and officially announce it.

But surely, what they meant to say was that they are willing to put other people's life on the line for their personal hobby cause and they think old people should hurry up and die already?

Yes, everywhere it's allowed. In central Stockholm there was a large BLM rally. Which is bizarre, since we have almost no black people in Sweden. And the ones we do have came direct from Africa, and not of slave descent. I'm not saying Sweden doesn't have problems with racism. But our racism is of a completely different nature, with different connotations and history attached. A BLM rally in USA will of course be about something entirely different than a BLM rally in Sweden.

So it wasn't so much a rally about solidarity for blacks, as it was just a run-of-the-mill rally against USA. Which is something else entirely. The Swedish left have a very unhealthy hang up about hating USA, and will take every given opportunity to show it. So my judgement of the Swedish BLM demonstraters is even harsher.

An annecdote. A friends daughter had a discussion in her class about racism and BLM. A girl from Somalia talked about identifying with being a slave decendent. Which is mindblowing, considering that Somalis were traditionally slavers suppling the middle-east with slaves.

You know for a fact that this girl is ethnic Somali, or are you jumping to conclusions? While Somalia is one of the most ethnically homogeneous countries in Africa, ethnic Somalis make up "only" about 85% of the population. Many of the remaining 15% are in fact descendants of slaves, e.g. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Somali_Bantus

I notice you didn't respond to this. Can we assume you have no clue and just assumed she was ethnic Somali? It never crossed your mind that a significant number of people from Somalia are ethnic minorities, who have fled the country in disproportionate numbers since they often end up being targeted by warlords, and many if whom are literally the descendants of slave, in some cases slaves that remained in slavery well into the 20th century?

Elderly now, not elderly during AIDS outbreak. Granted, we'd be talking about those in their 40s and 50s at that time to make the math work.

Yes, exactly. AIDS causes a demographic shift. People in AIDS hit countries have loads of babies, strongly tilting the demographics towards young people.

Tilting, yes, but there still are elderly. The population is reduced, not eliminated.

But surely, what they meant to say was that they are willing to put other people's life on the line for their personal hobby cause and they think old people should hurry up and die already?

Yes, everywhere it's allowed. In central Stockholm there was a large BLM rally. Which is bizarre, since we have almost no black people in Sweden. And the ones we do have came direct from Africa, and not of slave descent. I'm not saying Sweden doesn't have problems with racism. But our racism is of a completely different nature, with different connotations and history attached. A BLM rally in USA will of course be about something entirely different than a BLM rally in Sweden.

So it wasn't so much a rally about solidarity for blacks, as it was just a run-of-the-mill rally against USA. Which is something else entirely. The Swedish left have a very unhealthy hang up about hating USA, and will take every given opportunity to show it. So my judgement of the Swedish BLM demonstraters is even harsher.

An annecdote. A friends daughter had a discussion in her class about racism and BLM. A girl from Somalia talked about identifying with being a slave decendent. Which is mindblowing, considering that Somalis were traditionally slavers suppling the middle-east with slaves.

You know for a fact that this girl is ethnic Somali, or are you jumping to conclusions? While Somalia is one of the most ethnically homogeneous countries in Africa, ethnic Somalis make up "only" about 85% of the population. Many of the remaining 15% are in fact descendants of slaves, e.g. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Somali_Bantus

I notice you didn't respond to this. Can we assume you have no clue and just assumed she was ethnic Somali? It never crossed your mind that a significant number of people from Somalia are ethnic minorities, who have fled the country in disproportionate numbers since they often end up being targeted by warlords, and many if whom are literally the descendants of slave, in some cases slaves that remained in slavery well into the 20th century?

I didn't respond because it was a bullshit comment. If you have something meaningful to say, say it.

Elderly now, not elderly during AIDS outbreak. Granted, we'd be talking about those in their 40s and 50s at that time to make the math work.

Yes, exactly. AIDS causes a demographic shift. People in AIDS hit countries have loads of babies, strongly tilting the demographics towards young people.

Tilting, yes, but there still are elderly. The population is reduced, not eliminated.

I didn't look it up, but I think +60'ies on Botswana is something like 10%. A tiny proportion

I didn't respond because it was a bullshit comment. If you have something meaningful to say, say it.

Everything I have said in this thread is more meaningful than your recent rants.

The Black Lives Matter rallies being held around the world... WTF?!? How the hell can people be so absurdly irresponsible? It's like people are only capable of worrying about one thing at a time.

The people who went to those rallies are not the good guys. Fuck all of them. Idiots. Why can't they just use a temporary Facebook profile picture to match the latest virtue signalling fad and leave it at that? Why let their idiotic narcisstic need to insert themeselves into every world event impact my health!?! Sometimes just having good intentions is not good enough.

You're defending the "Swedish model" where restaurants remained open throughout (strangers sitting indoors in close quarters) etc but condemn people for gathering outdoors, with masks, keeping a distance?

That just tells me you don't understand the Swedish model. It also tells me that you don't understand how viruses spread in crowds of people. There's just no way of going to a rally and not making the problem worse. Everybody who went should be ashamed of themselves. My opinion. The same goes for anybody attending any rally of any kind in these Corona times.

I'm also surprised. I thought the conservatives were the morons in USA. I guess the liberals are just as retarded. Which is not good.

Oh we have plenty of morons all over the place.

My father's sister has been formally diagnosed with the disorder. She was always at higher risk, due to her work in pediatric care at a large urban clinic in Phoenix, Arizona. The state recently eased almost all of its restrictions, multiplying that risk to whatever unknown degree. This is Day 9 since she first presented symptoms, and she claims that her current symptoms are mild, but her personality is such that she would probably say the same if a bear was actively gnawing off her arm. You know, the poor things was probably hungry. So I've no real idea how bad things are down there. She's been carefully quarantining herself whenever she goes home, ever since they started getting cases in state, so there is at least some hope that her husband and kids won't also come over sick, but we'll have to wait and see.

She is one of 35,000 confirmed cases in Arizona, a number which is growing by more than a thousand every day. They announced this morning, too late, that the Phoenix & Tucson's restaurants and bars are to be closed again. This will be good news for those like my aunt who are at special risk from the virus, but bad news for my father-in-law, who plays bass down in Tucson and who have been surviving on food stamps and illicit private gigs ever since the bars closed the first time.

Conditions haven't changed in Denmark. What happened was that Denmark managed to kill the spread almost entirely. It quickly came down to a crawl. It's zero to max four a day new confirmed dead per day. Covid-19 never really happened in Denmark. At a huge cost. The Danish governement clearly doesn't think it was worth it. That's all that has changed. The number of dead will go up now.

:words: I see your words but they're so self-contradictory they've become meaningless.

I re-read my post several times. I don't see what is self contradictory about it. Please enlighten me

I re-read my post several times. I don't see what is self contradictory about it. Please enlighten me

I'll repeat it for you.

The head of the Swedish CDC yesterday went out with admission that they handled the Corona response badly. And lists a bunch of reasons. But they're changing nothing. They're just doing what they have been doing all the time.

Denmark has now aligned itself with Sweden and has the same policies. If Sweden's Corona response sucked so much, why are they keeping it and why are others copying it?

It looks like just politics and a bunch of stuff said, for political reasons, that nobody believes in. I can't explain it any other way. Thoughts?

Yes, thoughts. If you had used some, you would have been able to dope out that conditions have changed in Denmark to allow reopening. But that wouldn't comport with your Sweden dick-sucking.

I don't know which conditions you refer to thay haven't changed, but if they "managed to kill the spread almost entirely" , conditions certainly have changed un the most relevant sense.

It's also makes their Denmark's, situation very different from Sweden, which is nowhere near.

I wonder why.

I don't know which conditions you refer to thay haven't changed, but if they "managed to kill the spread almost entirely" , conditions certainly have changed un the most relevant sense.

It's also makes their Denmark's, situation very different from Sweden, which is nowhere near.

I wonder why.

If it spread in Sweden before, with their rules, it will now spread in Denmark, with the same rules as Sweden, in a similar fashion. Besides the fact that Denmark is more densly populated the cultures and societies are almost identical.

I don't understand what it is you find so hard to grasp about this? I don't know how to express this any simpler

A large proportion of my family is insisting on attending a funeral over the weekend. I hope it doesn't start a damn death wave, few of those involved are particularly healthy in the first place.

A large proportion of my family is insisting on attending a funeral over the weekend. I hope it doesn't start a damn death wave, few of those involved are particularly healthy in the first place.

Funerals are fine. Wear a mask. Keep your mouth shut. Don't touch anything. Alcohol your hands before and after. Don't give give the priest a blow job. Funerals are usually calm and low key

Funerals are fine. Wear a mask. Keep your mouth shut. Don't touch anything. Alcohol your hands before and after. Don't give give the priest a blow job. Funerals are usually calm and low key

You've not met this particular branch of my family... I wouldn't be worried about them if I thought they were all planning to follow sensible precautions.

And I don't see any point in attending a Mormon funeral without blowing the bishop beforehand, but I'm not planning on attending myself; it's my parents I'm more worried about.

Back
Top Bottom