• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

The Wall

I was wondering. Isn't This the ultimate in hypocrisy! Why are so many Hollywood liberals opposed to the wall when many of them have 'walls' around their homes. Isn't this a double standard?

Stop typing.

I was wondering. Isn't This the ultimate in hypocrisy! Why are so many Hollywood liberals opposed to the wall when many of them have 'walls' around their homes. Isn't this a double standard?

What you fail to understand is we are objecting to the wall as overkill. Personally, I also feel it's intended as a symbol of racism and thus oppose it on those grounds also.

In areas near civilization a wall makes sense--but we pretty much have already built walls in those areas! The desert is extremely inhospitable, putting a wall there provides very little benefit. Furthermore, walls only slow people down, without forces deployed to catch those crossing it it isn't much of a barrier--but His Flatulence wants to cut down on the number of CBP people there.
I wouldn’t say it is overkill, rather childishly simplistic and ineffective, especially relative to the solns it is said the wall solves.

I'm not a fan of people injecting heroin in shopping centres and schools. Therefore I am against diabetics injecting insulin ever because I don't want to be labelled a hypocrite about needles.

If the earth is round, the top of my desk cannot be flat. It's the ultimate in hypocrisy and double standards!

What is the height of hypocrisy is saying there is a national emergency based on a problem that has existed for decades and is getting better at the present time.

The true problem is poverty and a lack of opportunity in capitalist Mexico and other nations South of the border.

I can't believe adults say things like this. It's the reasoning of a toddler--and a disingenuous toddler at that.

Best form of defence is attack right?

They are building the walls around their own homes. They own their homes. Trump doesn't own the land in Texas. It's not his. He has no right to steal someone's land, separate them from a river all for a political stunt.

What is the height of hypocrisy is saying there is a national emergency based on a problem that has existed for decades and is getting better at the present time.

The true problem is poverty and a lack of opportunity in capitalist Mexico and other nations South of the border.

Actually this is incorrect and partially based on bias. The anticapitalists are going to be upset about this, but Mexico is actually not doing that badly. They have a lot of challenges. But more people emigrate to Mexico than vice-versa.

https://www.thebalance.com/mexico-s-economy-facts-opportunites-challenges-3306351

The reason why the women and children are trying to reach the US is to seek protection from the drug cartels in south America and growing crime.

Actually this is incorrect and partially based on bias. The anticapitalists are going to be upset about this, but Mexico is actually not doing that badly. They have a lot of challenges. But more people emigrate to Mexico than vice-versa.

https://www.thebalance.com/mexico-s-economy-facts-opportunites-challenges-3306351

The reason why the women and children are trying to reach the US is to seek protection from the drug cartels in south America and growing crime.

Mexico's government estimates that 33% of Mexico's population lives in moderate poverty and 9% lives in extreme poverty, which leads to 42% of Mexico's total population living below the national poverty line.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poverty_in_Mexico

The problem is poverty AND an insane drug war that has created huge and violent criminal gangs.

Umm... no.
No? Why not? Aren't they wishing to keep out the undesirables, or deloparables?
Paparazzi and security. Sure. Of course, there is a tiny difference on the basis of effectiveness. Trump has said it'll keep drugs out the US. It won't have even a noticeable difference as drugs mainly come in through areas with viable transportation options. Trump has said it'll keep people from having hope of getting into the US, as if the dangerous trek across Mexico didn't stop them... a wall (that can be cut through or dug under or climbed over) will?

Even if it were hypocrisy, it would not be "the ultimate in hypocrisy". There are a lot more examples of hypocrisy that are much greater than that. Most of it on the right wing.

The wall is the scumbag answer to the problems of Mexican poverty, failed capitalism in Mexico, and a destructive US drug war.

Mexico IS the wall. They are the buffer between us and the rest of South America.

Mexico IS the wall. They are the buffer between us and the rest of South America.

Mexico and Central America are in North America. Most of the illegal immigrants are coming from the Spanish speaking southern portion of North America. South America starts with Colombia.

There are already so many lawsuits against this fake emergency, that Trump will be long gone, even if he were to be reelected, before this stupid wall ever becomes a reality. The lawsuits come from such diverse places as the ACLU to land owners along the boarder. I have no doubt that some of them are or were Trump supporters.

Of course, Trump is already using the wall in his new campaign, but now it's "Finish the Wall", instead of build the wall. That's the fake wall that only Trump supporters see, because they are so brainwashed that they believe whatever nonsense comes out of their leader's mouth.

Yep. This is one of many messages an idiotic Trumpster tweeted @ me today :rolleyes:

Thomas A Witherspoon said:
Ohhh, The Wall is being built as we speak. See, you guys gave 1,4 Billion and we are going to use that. We have moved around money and we are using that also to build the Wall. And we are doing that while we wait on the Courts to decide the Other Billions for Wall!

I think you misspelled "Large investment banks were buying up junk ARM packages which were put together by deliquent lenders who were having people lying and placing them into short-term mortgages for a long-term... labeled as AAA rated investments by the ratings agencies."

- - - Updated - - -

There's still the fact that America dodged a bullet by not electing crooked Hilary as President as this article explains.

https://theconversation.com/the-election-of-hillary-clinton-promises-a-more-dangerous-world-67544

Yea, dodged a bullet, right into a wood chipper.

As i recall, both Presidential candidates were very unpopular in the States. A fact proven by the low turnout of voters as compared to some other contests of the past. At least the election of the Trumpet has made a smallish pause in the Islamisation of America.
Can you remotely stay on topic?

or stick to facts instead of right-wing fantasies

Back
Top Bottom