• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

The women's march shows it's true colors

Status
Not open for further replies.
What dichotomy do you speak of?

That someone is either a Feminist or an egalitarian, as in A not B.

Ok for a moment I thought I may have misunderstood you. But no. That's what I thought you meant. It's a misrepresentation because I specifically referenced feminists who are egalitarian. No dichotomy, false or otherwise.

Many young women don’t call themselves feminists but the overwhelming majority are feminists...

That's just as bad. You're telling women who say they aren't feminists that they really are. Which is something that annoys quite a few women who don't agree that they are feminists and don't enjoy being told by feminists that they are.

Not at all: there has been a very concerted effort to demonize feminism and to convince people that feminism is not what feminism actually is. Look how well it’s worked on Jolly—and how hard he works to try to impose some other meaning on feminism.

Not at all: there has been a very concerted effort to demonize feminism and to convince people that feminism is not what feminism actually is. Look how well it’s worked on Jolly—and how hard he works to try to impose some other meaning on feminism.

It isn't I who demonized feminism. It is the feminists who aren't egalitarian who did that. Women around the world now shun the label because they don't want to be associated with such man hating. Its right in that (pro-feminist) article I cited. And its the vast majority of women, and of men. The word is (re)defined, and it isn't I that made that happen.

It’s interesting —or pathetic to watch a bunch of men try to define feminism, particularly by attacking it and attempting to redefine feminism by their own misconceptions and preferences. Yep, feminists are all about letting men define them—or anything.

But point taken. Many young women don’t call themselves feminists but the overwhelming majority are feminists: they believe in equal rights for all genders.

You just say feminism was about equality between the genders? If so, why would it be a problem for "men" to define and discuss it? Are men not a gender?

Your defences are what I'd write as a satire of feminist thought process. But of course there's no satire I could write that is distinguishable from feminist reality.

It’s a problem for men to decide that they set definitions.

I amcertain that I do not have the right to define masculinity or to try to impose my personal beliefs on what it means to be masculine on anyone.

I amcertain that I do not have the right to define masculinity or to try to impose my personal beliefs on what it means to be masculine on anyone.

That's extremely refreshing. Other feminists very much disagree with you though, as they rant about masculinity and call it toxic.

It’s interesting —or pathetic to watch a bunch of men try to define feminism, particularly by attacking it and attempting to redefine feminism by their own misconceptions and preferences. Yep, feminists are all about letting men define them—or anything.

But point taken. Many young women don’t call themselves feminists but the overwhelming majority are feminists: they believe in equal rights for all genders.

You just say feminism was about equality between the genders? If so, why would it be a problem for "men" to define and discuss it? Are men not a gender?

Your defences are what I'd write as a satire of feminist thought process. But of course there's no satire I could write that is distinguishable from feminist reality.

"Feminism" does not equal "femininity". I don't ridicule feminists for the absence or presence of "femininity". I couldn't care less. I ridicule the bad ideas, double standards, and open, celebrated hatred and demonizing of men I see by mainstream feminists in establishment media.

"Feminism" does not equal "femininity". I don't ridicule feminists for the absence or presence of "femininity". I couldn't care less. I ridicule the bad ideas, double standards, and open, celebrated hatred and demonizing of men I see by mainstream feminists in establishment media.

But those aren't REAL feminists. REAL feminists are only about equality, Metaphor, despite most women who are about equality not wanting to call themselves feminists.

It isn't I who demonized feminism. It is the feminists who aren't egalitarian who did that. Women around the world now shun the label because they don't want to be associated with such man hating. Its right in that (pro-feminist) article I cited. And its the vast majority of women, and of men. The word is (re)defined, and it isn't I that made that happen.

Well I never said you demonized feminism but then there you go: demonizing feminists, trying to tell feminists which are good and which are bad.

I don’t know why you are going on about femininity. I simply pulled a word out of the air which definition you might have an opinion. But ok: let’s say:democracy. I don’t get to define democracy however strongly I feel about democracy.

That's extremely refreshing. Other feminists very much disagree with you though, as they rant about masculinity and call it toxic.

Sure Jan.

I don’t know why you are going on about femininity. I simply pulled a word out of the air which definition you might have an opinion. But ok: let’s say:democracy. I don’t get to define democracy however strongly I feel about democracy.

You can stick with the label you're comfortable with, and if my criticism of feminism doesn't apply to your brand of feminism, I can pass along some advice feminists smugly give to men: if you personally aren't guilty of the behaviour I'm talking about, then it doesn't apply to you.

#NotAllFeminists

You can stick with the label you're comfortable with, and if my criticism of feminism doesn't apply to your brand of feminism, I can pass along some advice feminists smugly give to men: if you personally aren't guilty of the behaviour I'm talking about, then it doesn't apply to you.
Their advice is basic reasoning that most people intuitively understand and easily incorporate into their everyday interactions. And it restrains the hypersensitive and ridiculous reactions to the relatively few “feminists” that are replete in this thread.

Well I never said you demonized feminism but then there you go: demonizing feminists, trying to tell feminists which are good and which are bad.

I am quite happy to distinguish between the good and the bad; those who spread hate and those who push for equality. I make no apology for that.

https://forward.com/opinion/431550/...fies-anti-semitic-muslims-they-are-betraying/

They got rid of the well-known anti-semites and brought in another.

The original intent was good but it's been subverted.

Was that “good” original intent having Western women put on burkas and pretend to be oppressed while totally ignoring women in Muslim countries who are jailed for making a different choice?

Good point. Why do we hear so much from "feminists" about exaggerations like the gender pay gap and idiculousness like manspreading but so rarely about actual repression of women in some parts of the world?

Because you watch american corporate state media designed to tweak and trigger you? Perhaps because Epstein conveniently cannot tell us about supplying our aristocracy with underage girls to sodomize. You're aware we have partnered at various times with al Qaida, al Nusra, Saddam, Osama, ISIS, and that we subsidize the Saudis oppression of women as well as the slaughter of women and children in Yemen?

Good point. Why do we hear so much from "feminists" about exaggerations like the gender pay gap and idiculousness like manspreading but so rarely about actual repression of women in some parts of the world?

Because you watch american corporate state media designed to tweak and trigger you? Perhaps because Epstein conveniently cannot tell us about supplying our aristocracy with underage girls to sodomize. You're aware we have partnered at various times with al Qaida, al Nusra, Saddam, Osama, ISIS, and that we subsidize the Saudis oppression of women as well as the slaughter of women and children in Yemen?

Yes. I am aware. It is sad.

#NotAllFeminists

I have no problems with you or anyone else criticizing feminism. Or me, personally. Take a number. The line stretches for miles.

My problem is with the weak assed passive aggressive attempts at a power play exercised by some to impose their own definitions.

Yes. I am aware. It is sad.

But we don't repress women in any way here do we.

Their advice is basic reasoning that most people intuitively understand and easily incorporate into their everyday interactions.

I'll pass that along to Muslims who object to being demonized. "If you're not a Muslim guilty of terrorism, then my rhetoric about Muslims being terrorists doesn't apply to you".

Their advice is basic reasoning that most people intuitively understand and easily incorporate into their everyday interactions.

I'll pass that along to Muslims who object to being demonized. "If you're not a Muslim guilty of terrorism, then my rhetoric about Muslims being terrorists doesn't apply to you".

Looks like your labels do not apply.

I think you’re aiming that last ‘jab’ in the wrong direction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom