• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

The World-O-Meter Thread

...accumulated deaths per million are still higher in US.

I ascribe that to the same set of conditions - our previous president's mendacity and the gullibility of his ignorant bleach drinkers.

US death rate (per capita) is now well lower than in Russia.

I guess we can chalk that up to those heroic trumpsucking anti-maskers/anti-vaxers who so valiantly risked their lives to infect others so that we might enjoy the relative herd immunity we have today.
And we owe Uncle Vlad a similar debt of gratitude.
To be clear I meant daily death rate, accumulated deaths per million are still higher in US.
We beat you in the Cold War and we beat you in failing to handle the Covid-19 Pandemic. We're #1! We're #1!

Truly the sleeper candidate in the Covid-19 Pandemic. No one would have thought the US could have beaten China or India when it came to subsiding to the Covid-19 disease. But did it. It took a lot of arrogance, ignorance, and somethingelseance, but we were able to make up for the massive population difference and beat these and all the third world nations straight up... not even needing to resort to "per capita".

Truly the sleeper candidate in the Covid-19 Pandemic. No one would have thought the US could have beaten China or India when it came to subsiding to the Covid-19 disease. But did it. It took a lot of arrogance, ignorance, and somethingelseance, but we were able to make up for the massive population difference and beat these and all the third world nations straight up... not even needing to resort to "per capita".

Helps if India, Russia and China can hide most of your cases and deaths from the official counts.

Helps if India, Russia and China can hide most of your cases and deaths from the official counts.

Based on the stats, the US hid numbers too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I strongly suspect the US hid more than China did.

I strongly suspect the US hid more than China did.

So do I. We seem to have ample supply of what Jimmy calls "arrogance, ignorance, and somethingelseance" (that last one is probably "malfeasance"). We also have had the most corrupt government ever visited upon the land, one more focused on and practiced in manipulating optics than in solving real world problems. The reported USA numbers are probably more deviant from reality than anyone else's.
The true amount of devastation incurred by Americans is literally unfathomable.

Post two weeks on PGA event, post one week on Indy 500. The US daily rate has steadied around 13k to 14k. So another couple weeks to see how this trend moves. UK obviously is opening up again, a bit early... again. And people in the US are treating their children like they have never gotten sick in their lives.

Post two weeks on PGA event, post one week on Indy 500. The US daily rate has steadied around 13k to 14k. So another couple weeks to see how this trend moves. UK obviously is opening up again, a bit early... again. And people in the US are treating their children like they have never gotten sick in their lives.

In the last day the US has seen its first uptick in the 7-day new case average since April. We just dropped below 15k/day on June 3, almost exactly two months past the failed @Derec prediction. Sadly, that prediction was more accurate than the Happy Talk about March 1 seeing <600 deaths/day... we did get there in the latter part of May, but it too is ticking up again.

We're not at a place of "herd immunity" and the people who have not been vaccinated show no signs of wanting to be vaccinated, so we're all stuck with the results of their stupidity.

In the last day the US has seen its first uptick in the 7-day new case average since April. We just dropped below 15k/day on June 3, almost exactly two months past the failed @Derec prediction. Sadly, that prediction was more accurate than the Happy Talk about March 1 seeing <600 deaths/day... we did get there in the latter part of May, but it too is ticking up again.

We're not at a place of "herd immunity" and the people who have not been vaccinated show no signs of wanting to be vaccinated, so we're all stuck with the results of their stupidity.
Children are going to camps and going to be herding around, some more safely than others, considering they aren't vaccinated yet. We'd probably see bumps in the south with the lower vax rates. Of course they'd need to test and report it though.

Well, right now the greatest threat is the variant that has now spread from India to the US. It currently represents 10% of all infections in the US. So, while our domestic issues do create pockets where variants can fester and grow, the lack of a globally coordinated effort will continue to reintroduce sufficiently diverse variants to keep the planet in its current state of infection indefinitely.

Well, right now the greatest threat is the variant that has now spread from India to the US. It currently represents 10% of all infections in the US. So, while our domestic issues do create pockets where variants can fester and grow, the lack of a globally coordinated effort will continue to reintroduce sufficiently diverse variants to keep the planet in its current state of infection indefinitely.

All true. But longer term, it's going to the the persistence of the virus reservoir that poses the danger.
In all likelihood, the damage the Trump has done to people's ability/willingness to believe science will keep killing millions of people for decades. If not for his propaganda, the whole world might be approaching herd immunity by now.

Some time after he is long dead and gone he may well take his place among the Pol Pots, Stalins and Hitlers as one of the world's greatest genocidal assholes.

Infection rate exceeded 10K in Russia. Great Britain is also rising.
+11,699 in Russia

Does not look great.

I am looking at the statistics in the small hellhole I am living in. Many days without new cases, then bunch of them (3-5) then again, many days without cases. Looks like they get whole families at once.

+11,699 in Russia

Does not look great.

I am looking at the statistics in the small hellhole I am living in. Many days without new cases, then bunch of them (3-5) then again, many days without cases. Looks like they get whole families at once.
+12,505 today
Definitely moving in a wrong direction.

That sucks. Wish the US could help a country out, but we are running into a problem convincing partisan idiots that taking a vaccine to prevent widespread disease that has and would continue to reign havoc over our health care system is a good thing. They are too busy looking at people balancing spoons on their faces on YouTube.

What is incredible is the vaccine was literally America first (excluding Israel), and many Americans said "Pass". They finally got that American comes first thing and they walked away.

+11,699 in Russia

Does not look great.

+12,505 today
Definitely moving in a wrong direction.
+13,510

And it looks like situation in Moscow is a reason for the increase. My region does not experience increase.
Yeah, +4K jump in Moscow City.

And it looks like situation in Moscow is a reason for the increase. My region does not experience increase.
Yeah, +4K jump in Moscow City.

Sorry for what your Country is experiencing, and can't help feeling that the US response is a contributor to the situation.

Back
Top Bottom