• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

The World-O-Meter Thread

All time high for daily deaths in Russia.
GB has infection rates back over 20K. Death rate is still pretty low even though Delta is pretty deadly and quickly so.

2 days over 20K infections in Russia.
And Israel is having small (for now) spike even after being heavily vaccinated.

I really like to see data on efficiency of Sputnik V against Delta variant. There is enough data for that already.
I know it has been reported Israel is heavily vaccinated, but I keep only seeing numbers less than 60%. Which is high-ish globally, but Israel started early and got above 50% before April, but have made almost no progress beyond that. So while there was a triumph early, it didn't continue and Delta has now spread to an opened up country with improperly presumed invulnerability.

2 days over 20K infections in Russia.
And Israel is having small (for now) spike even after being heavily vaccinated.

I really like to see data on efficiency of Sputnik V against Delta variant. There is enough data for that already.
I know it has been reported Israel is heavily vaccinated, but I keep only seeing numbers less than 60%. Which is high-ish globally, but Israel started early and got above 50% before April, but have made almost no progress beyond that. So while there was a triumph early, it didn't continue and Delta has now spread to an opened up country with improperly presumed invulnerability.

Yup. And the US 7 day average for new cases has been inching up for a week now. Deaths have leveled off, but as a lagging indicator we can expect them to rise in the near future.
Fortunately most of the current deaths and hospitalizations are of anti-vaxers/trumpsucker types.

Fortunately most of the current deaths and hospitalizations are of anti-vaxers/trumpsucker types.
Don't worry, anti-vaxers/trumpsuckes work tirelessly on developing new strain to kill you too.

That's your best post in months, barbos.
As is typical with trumpsuckers, they don't even know the master they serve.

Don't worry, anti-vaxers/trumpsuckes work tirelessly on developing new strain to kill you too.

I recognize your attempt at satire and rhetoric.

Unfortunately, I think it's actually true. They are doing it in ignorance, but anti-vaxxers and Trump supporters are really doing this.
Tom

And then blame Pres. Biden for its existence.

This is my biggest concern, not just for the deliberate and purposeful anti-vaxxers who court disaster with pride, but also for all the countries struggling to acquire vaccines. Both are the places where a new strain will develop.

And as we go forward, it is accurate to say that nearly every COVID death forward is preventable. Every one will be one that we could have avoided.

And if there is a Gamma strain that breaks through - that also will be a result of a choice made by certain grroups of people. Those who refuse the vaccine, and those who inhibit the distribution of the vaccine.

To be fair, trumpsuckes are irrelevant right now. Most of the infections are in third world countries which have no access to vaccinations

This Delta variant is weird. Lots of countries in Europe are doing great. Russia was not doing too bad some time ago. But now it's worse.
UK has a huge spike in infections but virtually no deaths. This is weird, considering it's Delta.

This Delta variant is weird. Lots of countries in Europe are doing great. Russia was not doing too bad some time ago. But now it's worse.
UK has a huge spike in infections but virtually no deaths. This is weird, considering it's Delta.

Because you need to factor in human behaviour. It's not weird. It's just that you can't compare country statistics 1:1.

Countries are opening up now which pushes up transmission. People are sick of being in isolation so are starting to take more risks.

Poor countries are less good at testing and reporting statistics.

Because you need to factor in human behaviour. It's not weird. It's just that you can't compare country statistics 1:1.

Countries are opening up now which pushes up transmission. People are sick of being in isolation so are starting to take more risks.

I am not talking about poor countries.
Most of Europe is currently doing great, some which were pretty bad couple of month ago are doing extremely great.
Look at Czechia/Poland/Hungary/France/Germany/Italy even Ukraine.
The only reason I can see for them doing well is that they got hit hard and reacted to it. Whereas Russia was not hit that hard and relaxed.

In Europe there is only 3 countries which are not doing well - Russia, UR and Spain. And only Russia is doing badly in both in infection and in deaths. Some countries are staring to have a new spike though.

Most of Europe is currently doing great, some which were pretty bad couple of month ago are doing extremely great.
The only reason I can see for them doing well is that they got hit hard and reacted to it. Whereas Russia was not hit that hard and relaxed.

In Europe there is only 3 countries which are not doing well - Russia, UR and Spain. And only Russia is doing badly in both in infection and in deaths. Some countries are staring to have a new spike though.

Maybe Sputnik vaccine doesn't work so well?

Maybe Sputnik vaccine doesn't work so well?

It works. Vaccination rate is just too low to have any impact.

Missouri daily cases have tripled in a month, blah blah. Second highest in the nation yesterday for new cases. Blah blah. Anyone who dies did so completely needlessly, blah blah... poor fascists.
Arkansas has tripled around the same period as well. Was fourth highest in the nation yesterday for new cases.

Delta is breaking out in the Bible Belt. We had this beat and America seems to have scored another own goal.

Missouri daily cases have tripled in a month, blah blah. Second highest in the nation yesterday for new cases. Blah blah. Anyone who dies did so completely needlessly, blah blah... poor fascists.
Arkansas has tripled around the same period as well. Was fourth highest in the nation yesterday for new cases.

Delta is breaking out in the Bible Belt. We had this beat and America seems to have scored another own goal.

Good day to buy stocks today. Equities look ready to panic drop on Delta fears.

Not certain why. My main concern would surround Delta in the US and the Asia nations we get all our stuff made. Delta has to have a harder time in the US as we are better immunized than most of the world, despite the insidious addiction to arrogance some in our nation suffer from. The bigger problem, until Asia shuts down again meaning access to stuff lessens again, will be the mutation that ends immunity. Oh the irony that would be those that were dumb enough to be infected being protected against the virus that sweeps behind the vaccine firewall. Some at this board would squeal with glee.

A peculiar thing I noticed. Looking at the latest outbreaks, the UK is one of the more notable increases, along with Indonesia. But the UK deaths aren't following along it, like they are in Indonesia or Russia. The UK might be starting to increase, following their typical month lag, but other nations it popped up quicker, but it is difficult to tell if the lower delay is just due to infrastructural testing differences.

A peculiar thing I noticed. Looking at the latest outbreaks, the UK is one of the more notable increases, along with Indonesia. But the UK deaths aren't following along it, like they are in Indonesia or Russia. The UK might be starting to increase, following their typical month lag, but other nations it popped up quicker, but it is difficult to tell if the lower delay is just due to infrastructural testing differences.
I noticed that before you.
https://talkfreethought.org/showthr...O-Meter-Thread&p=918338&viewfull=1#post918338

My theory is that GB has had most of the people who could die from C19 dead already (in previous waves)

Not certain why. My main concern would surround Delta in the US and the Asia nations we get all our stuff made.

Right. The people who make stuff are disposable, right up to the point where there aren't other disposable people to replace them. Looks like the investors collectively realized it's not quite at the point yet - prices are already rebounding.

Delta has to have a harder time in the US as we are better immunized than most of the world, despite the insidious addiction to arrogance some in our nation suffer from.

Delta thrives in areas where anti-vaxers congregate - mostly deep red areas that are soaked in TrumPutin and Qball propapaganda. Those areas can be as small as villages or counties, and as large as major parts of red States.

The bigger problem, until Asia shuts down again meaning access to stuff lessens again, will be the mutation that ends immunity. Oh the irony that would be those that were dumb enough to be infected being protected against the virus that sweeps behind the vaccine firewall. Some at this board would squeal with glee.

If so, that glee will be short-lived. It will take little or no time for vaccine boosters and/or new vaccines to be available; work is being done right now to ensure that. But the same morons who resist vaccination will still resist, and many will die. A variant that evades current vaccines will likely also evade antibodies that are conferred by prior infection.

Back
Top Bottom