• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Things that make you laugh...

We're decorating mini-pumpkins for an office contest, prizes awarded when the judging happens on the 30th.

I picked the gourd i wanted, and said, "Imma name this one Scaramucci, because he only has to last a week."

No one laughed. Not, 'that's not funny' withholding of mirth, either, but flat out NO ONE KNIIWS WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT. Even the libertarians who keep telling me what political junkies they are.... Evrn after i 'splained it... Trump? White House go-speaky-guy? The guy who didn't outlast a carton of milk?

Which turned into a discussion of explaining expiration dates to wives...

We're decorating mini-pumpkins for an office contest, prizes awarded when the judging happens on the 30th.

I picked the gourd i wanted, and said, "Imma name this one Scaramucci, because he only has to last a week."

No one laughed. Not, 'that's not funny' withholding of mirth, either, but flat out NO ONE KNIIWS WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT. Even the libertarians who keep telling me what political junkies they are.... Evrn after i 'splained it... Trump? White House go-speaky-guy? The guy who didn't outlast a carton of milk?

The Mooch has been on talk shows lately, still trying to act like this administration is "normal" - only better. So, like a carton of milk, he doesn't necessarily go bad once officially expired.

Tallest is definitely trying to find my limits.

He mentioned that he spent a big part of yesterday crawling around under a stage.
He asked his boss about knee-pads.
Boss asked if he was wimping out.

Tallest: "Yeah, well, for a bottom, I don't really like being on my knees all that much."

Then he turned to me with a supercilious grin.
I just stared back at him for a moment. "You know, no one at work believes these stories when I tell them."

So many choices. You can sit Traditional, Side-Saddle, Reverse-Cowboy...

Such freedom these employees have.

Wow.

So, my manager JUST walked into my cube. He's been to security. They reinforced the rule that one's identity MUST be visible in the plant.
Manager brought up dinosaur costumes.
"Like Barney?" Security asked.
"Um... Okay, sure. Or, you know, not."

Evidently I CAN wear the suit in my cube, and in my immediate office area. This room. But not to walk the halls.
So, of course, I get this permission the day after my nephrologist ups the dosage of my diuretics...

Not sure if I want to take it on and off six times a day.
On the other hand, he HAS called my bluff...

Wow.

So, my manager JUST walked into my cube. He's been to security. They reinforced the rule that one's identity MUST be visible in the plant.
Like anyone there would wonder who is in the Barney costume. :rotfl:

Wow.

Even if Jill from accounting has a dinosaur fetish?

Wow.

Even if Jill from accounting has a dinosaur fetish?
Still only one person IN the costume, and one following him around, suggestively sighing, "My, Rex, what a big tail you have..." and trying to get him to chase her around the jungle print room...

The Mooch has been on talk shows lately, still trying to act like this administration is "normal" - only better. So, like a carton of milk, he doesn't necessarily go bad once officially expired.

This milk is not bad because it has gone sour. We are making cottage cheese.

I was mentioning to my kids that when I was growing up, my father would lose his temper about something and yell at everyone and everything in the vicinity. The car costs ninety bazillion dollars to fix, he's shouting about the spot I missed mowing the lawn...
Mom would see us getting upset and try to tell us 'Daddy's not really angry at you,' even though she remembered the exact same thing happening in HER childhood, and her mother saying the same exact thing, and my mom wanting to say, "it sure as fuck SOUNDS like he is!"

Youngest child offers up: "Then in THIS house, it's Mom saying, 'Daddy's not really laughing at you!' and from the other room we hear Daddy shout, 'I sure as fuck AM!' "

Back
Top Bottom