• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Things that make you laugh...

Cute girls? I must be going to the wrong Home Depot.

You didn't know about this?

Single women who’ve been let down by the men they’ve met online started a funny TikTok trend in 2023 where they are going to Home Depot to find a husband. Why not? If you’re looking for a hard-working man, that’s probably where to find one.

I've had quite a few women hit on me in Home Depot before, actually. It is a thing.

Maybe I need to start shopping "slim fit" at Carhartt.

Single women who’ve been let down by the men they’ve met online started a funny TikTok trend in 2023 where they are going to Home Depot to find a husband. Why not? If you’re looking for a hard-working man, that’s probably where to find one.

I've had quite a few women hit on me in Home Depot before, actually. It is a thing.
So... you go there in your spare time, and just stand around pretending to be interested in ... stuff?
Sounds , uh, relaxing.
Leaning up against the Milwaukee display in the power tool section slowly extending a tape measure and letting it retract.

So... you go there in your spare time, and just stand around pretending to be interested in ... stuff?
Sounds , uh, relaxing.
Nah, dude. You play a little game. Its part of the male/female "mating dance". Doncha remember when you were young and would sign up for sewing classes at the adult night school to meet chicks? You sit in class pretending not to be able to thread a needle until some cutie comes over to show you how to do it, while she subtly brushes your hand with hers when exchanging the needle & thread. Then you tell her that you're there because you need to learn how to mend bullet holes in your Army Ranger uniform, etc, etc.

What the girls at Home Depot looking for men do is similar. They hang out at the tool section holding a hammer by the claw end and pretending to hammer a nail with the handle when they see you coming. Then you stop and show her the proper way to hammer a nail, also brushing her hand slightly while you take the hammer from her. And then she tells you she needs to hammer some nails in her closet wall to hang all her lingerie, etc, etc.

ETA: I just noticed this in the earlier link:

"A good man, he works, he works during the day,” Megan said. “You have to go when they open at five. Because they're going there before work they're getting whatever they forgot, lost, or broke the day before. Now, they're in a hurry, late and probably haven't had coffee yet. So you need to be ready, have your number on paper, hand it to them and hope you believe in love at first sight because that's how it's going to happen."

Apparently, men don't just buy stuff once because they need it for the job that day? Its always because they're forgetful, incompetent or clumsy? And these are the men that you want for husbands?? Good luck with that.

Last edited:
Doncha remember when you were young and would sign up for sewing classes at the adult night school to meet chicks?
Hey, I was young when I was 50 something and signed up to ride in an English equestrian drill team. Total of 3 guys, and 16 women. Even performed at a few full arenas … gawd those clothes were embarrassing but yeah … fun times.

Sounds , uh, relaxing.
As opposed to the bar?

My guess is that woman spend a lot of time pretending to be interested in stuff in the dating world. Though I’ve been out of that world a long time.

When I was younger i once took a class in calligraphy, which I was genuinely interested in, and I was the only guy there.

What I soon realized, however, was that virtually all of the women there were there to learn how to address their own wedding invitations.

"A good man, he works, he works during the day,” Megan said. “You have to go when they open at five. Because they're going there before work they're getting whatever they forgot, lost, or broke the day before. Now, they're in a hurry, late and probably haven't had coffee yet. So you need to be ready, have your number on paper, hand it to them and hope you believe in love at first sight because that's how it's going to happen."
See, you marry Megan, she's going to expect you to pay attention to her.

Sounds , uh, relaxing.
As opposed to the bar?

My guess is that woman spend a lot of time pretending to be interested in stuff in the dating world. Though I’ve been out of that world a long time.
I've seen all too many older women on hikes that are most certainly there for dating, not hiking. They are rarely on hikes they're in shape to do.

some wood

That looks more like a lot of wood to me.
It’ll look like more after tomorrow … if my body holds up! still some rounds on the ground. Kinda feeling it now, after the third time handling that load since it was in the forest. But it’s like hay; nice to have all you’re gonna need before snow flies.

Sounds , uh, relaxing.
As opposed to the bar?

I've seen all too many older women on hikes that are most certainly there for dating, not hiking. They are rarely on hikes they're in shape to do.
A past girlfriend told me early on that she was an avid hiker (like me, at the time anyway), which I thought was pretty cool. So, I took her on a hike and showed her a topo map of where we were and where we were going. She pointed at the contour lines and said, "What are all these lines?". :eek: I remember thinking, "I wonder what else she is lying/exaggerating about?"

Sounds , uh, relaxing.
As opposed to the bar?

A past girlfriend told me early on that she was an avid hiker (like me, at the time anyway), which I thought was pretty cool. So, I took her on a hike and showed her a topo map of where we were and where we were going. She pointed at the contour lines and said, "What are all these lines?". :eek: I remember thinking, "I wonder what else she is lying/exaggerating about?"
Funny, I think it’s usually women who wonder about that.

They are rarely on hikes they're in shape to do.
That’s probably why someone told them to take a hike.
Good one, but what's actually going on is the easier hikes skew female and the harder ones skew male. If you're looking for a guy you probably aren't going to bag one on easy hike.

Sounds , uh, relaxing.
As opposed to the bar?

I'm amazed at how many people are willing to go into the wilderness without understanding where they are and how to get out. I don't care if you have someone to follow, you should still pay attention!

Back
Top Bottom