• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Things that make you laugh...

Gospel

Unify Africa
Basic Beliefs
Agnostic
Not a big fan of Jimmy but I wouldn't want to end the Human species over him either. ;) The whole, Sarasota section is what got me rolling. That place has great beaches if you ignore the pollution issues in the Gulf, moist, overcrowded & overpriced. Some people are nice (the natives) it's the people flooding in from out of state that come across as cold and anti-social. Just, not good combos IMO. So yeah Sarasota can GTFO for all I care. :ROFLMAO:

Angry Floof

Tricksy Leftits
Staff member
Basic Beliefs
Humanist
Not a big fan of Jimmy but I wouldn't want to end the Human species over him either. ;) The whole, Sarasota section is what got me rolling. That place has great beaches if you ignore the pollution issues in the Gulf, moist, overcrowded & overpriced. Some people are nice (the natives) it's the people flooding in from out of state that come across as cold and anti-social. Just, not good combos IMO. So yeah Sarasota can GTFO for all I care. :ROFLMAO:

How are you not a big fan of Jimmy? He's the nicest human on the planet.

Gospel

Unify Africa
Basic Beliefs
Agnostic
Same reason I'm not a big fan of Yoo Jae-suk. I heard about him, and see him on youtube every now and again, but I don't tune in or care to tune in enough to become a major fan. Seems likable but he's not on my heavy listen-to list like (to stay in his field) Conan O'Brien. I still wouldn't want to destroy all humans over Conan O'Brien. :p

Not a big fan but not an anti-fan if that makes sense.

bilby

Fair dinkum thinkum
The Sunshine State: The one with Crocs, not Gators
Basic Beliefs
Strong Atheist
So, I finally found out what the machine next to the water cooler at work does.

It's the most popular machine I have ever encountered; Every time I asked anyone what it did, they would start going on about how great it was. But they never got around to telling me what it actually does.

Yes, I am sure it's a very nice machine. But would it have hurt to tell me that it's for freezing water??

Wiploc

Veteran Member
Basic Beliefs
Strong Atheist
There's an old Wizard of Id cartoon which goes something like this:

A couple of guys are walking a country lane.

One of them says, "It's a muggy day," whereupon somebody steps from behind a tree and says, "Stand and deliver."

Angry Floof

Tricksy Leftits
Staff member
Basic Beliefs
Humanist
There's an old Wizard of Id cartoon which goes something like this:

A couple of guys are walking a country lane.

One of them says, "It's a muggy day," whereupon somebody steps from behind a tree and says, "Stand and deliver."

I read Wizard of Id in the newspaper religiously growing up. I also loved B.C. (so much that I got a B.C. book for xmas one year) and a few others, sometimes Spiderman, NEVER Superman, though. Fuck that guy. BOR-ing! And I really loved Sundays for the big, multi-page color comics section!

bilby

Fair dinkum thinkum
Basic Beliefs
Strong Atheist

Elixir

Made in America
Basic Beliefs
English is complicated
I like the headline better with the bomb.
Everything is always better with a bomb.
Only an American …

Hermit

Cantankerous grump
View attachment 38349

That's not a bomb, it's an artillery shell. You can see the grooves for the drive bands.

The article slipped up just once, and correctly called it a shell; They should sack their Editor in Charge of Dumbing Down Articles for that oversight.
It's Huffpo, man. Like Salon, it gets the writers (and editors) it pays for.

Elixir

Made in America
Basic Beliefs
English is complicated
View attachment 38349

That's not a bomb, it's an artillery shell. You can see the grooves for the drive bands.

The article slipped up just once, and correctly called it a shell; They should sack their Editor in Charge of Dumbing Down Articles for that oversight.
It's Huffpo, man. Like Salon, it gets the writers (and editors) it pays for.
The point is, everyone except an American would know that bombs and shells go in check baggage, not carry on bags!

TV and credit cards

Veteran Member
Basic Beliefs
Humanist
View attachment 38349

Well if they used “shell”, people would just think that’s unconchionable.

Thomas II

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
Atheist
v9j1n7t_medical-bill-650_625x300_19_May_22.jpg

bilby

Fair dinkum thinkum
Basic Beliefs
Strong Atheist
One of the challenges of my new job driving buses is the night work. Brisbane has fairly dim and widely spaced street lighting, and at night it can be difficult to see prospective passengers waiting at bus stops, particularly if there are trees casting patterns of shadow, or if the prospective passengers are wearing dark clothing.

On my first few late shifts, I frequently saw a child in dark clothing, wearing a red hat, at or near the stops along my routes; However he never seemed interested in actually boarding the bus if I stopped and opened the doors.

I finally saw him during the daytime, and asked him what his game was, but he refused to answer me; So I took his picture to show to security.

TV and credit cards

Veteran Member
Basic Beliefs
Humanist
One of the challenges of my new job driving buses is the night work. Brisbane has fairly dim and widely spaced street lighting, and at night it can be difficult to see prospective passengers waiting at bus stops, particularly if there are trees casting patterns of shadow, or if the prospective passengers are wearing dark clothing.

On my first few late shifts, I frequently saw a child in dark clothing, wearing a red hat, at or near the stops along my routes; However he never seemed interested in actually boarding the bus if I stopped and opened the doors.

I finally saw him during the daytime, and asked him what his game was, but he refused to answer me; So I took his picture to show to security.

Who informed Bilby, if he starts talking trash, return to security immediately.

Angry Floof

Tricksy Leftits
Staff member
Basic Beliefs
Humanist
This is how the AI interprets the word narcissistic: "narc is his Dick"

Also, Hare Krishnas:
hairy Christians
Harry Christians
hardy Christians
Harriet Christians

Last edited: