• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Things that make you laugh...

From How Not to be A Boy. Robert Webb

... who puzzlingly seems to have moved from one terraced house to an almost identical one in a slightly different part of Brixton.

He tells me that, in the last place, the neighbours started using his bins for their overflowing rubbish. I ask him "What did you say?"

"Oh God, I didn't say anything," he replies. "No, we decided it would be easier to move house."

I just showed the 2 circles illusion to the boys. Both reckon they just saw circles.

Now I don't know whether to worry about their mental architecture or my own.

The two circles can look like hearts if I don't concentrate. It's hard actually to see that they are actually circles and not some oval or sorta circle. And ya, looking at it too long would either give me a headache or make me barf.

I just showed the 2 circles illusion to the boys. Both reckon they just saw circles.

Now I don't know whether to worry about their mental architecture or my own.
When I saw the original post, it just looked like two circles. but the image wasn't full. When I opened it in a separate tab with the full image the illusion expressed itself, and returning to the cropped image I got traces of the effect.
Did your boys see a full image? Could they have a side effect of video game playing altering perceptions?

Back
Top Bottom